Sponsored

What's my car worth?

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
Hoping some of you may have had something similar to me that you've sold private party.

I have a like new 2015 Premium GT, Performance Pack, Manual in Guard Green with 20k miles

Whipple Stage 2
Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft
2k hp Axles
New RST Clutch
MGW Shifter
GT350R Replica Wheels with Drag Radials - new

I don't really want to return it to stock and would plan to sell it private party as is to hopefully someone who can appreciate the mods

The car is looks brand new and drives great

KBB without mods calls 27-29K private party.... do you think I can get 35K for this thing?
Sponsored

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hoping some of you may have had something similar to me that you've sold private party.

I have a like new 2015 Premium GT, Performance Pack, Manual in Guard Green with 20k miles

Whipple Stage 2
Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft
2k hp Axles
New RST Clutch
MGW Shifter

I don't really want to return it to stock and would plan to sell it private party as is to hopefully someone who can appreciate the mods

KBB without mods calls 27-29K private party.... do you think I can get 35K for this thing?
If you can find someone who appreciates your mods, I think KBB is right on the money with what you could get with mods, about $27-$30k. Trade in as is or mods removed, $21-$24k. AutoNation, Carmax $19-22k.

*edited pricing, thought I saw 2017

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
35k? No way. Someone would rather go out and get a brand new current year Mustang for that coin.

Like said above... takes the right person to buy a modified car. You'd be lucky to get 30k.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
35k? No way. Someone would rather go out and get a brand new current year Mustang for that coin.

Like said above... takes the right person to buy a modified car. You'd be lucky to get 30k.
Agreed no value for mods,I'd guess driveline warranty is voided as well with the whipple.id put it back to stock

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Just had a friend sell a silver 16 paxton with 6000 miles for 28k. Sold it to another guy at the drag strip. I'd advertise on here. And put a for sale sign on it. At the strip. And car shows.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
You can get what someone is willing to pay for it. It could be $50K, could be $5K.

Heavily modded cars are tough to tell on re-sale value.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
What about returning the car to stock, especially if you have the original parts, then sell the mods separately to others that want them?

OP
OP

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
What about returning the car to stock, especially if you have the original parts, then sell the mods separately to others that want them?
I dumped most of the stock parts and I don't really want to mess with it. I'm going to list it for 35 and see what happens

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase

Whipple Stage 2
Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft
2k hp Axles
New RST Clutch
MGW Shifter

I could barely get a bank to finance $31k for a Richard Petty Edition, 1-100 made, with 8K miles on it. You might be able to get 35K it's just a matter of finding a buyer who is will to put that as much as $8k down. I would just list it and be patient.

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Problem with heavily modified car is you immediately lose over half of the available market. If you're not in a hurry to move it then just list it every where you can and wait for the right person. If not, a weekend wrenching could make it whole lot easier to move.

rayban1

Rayban1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Premium Guard
I sold my 2015 Guard Green Performance Pack Premium ,manual with 10, 500 mi for $32,500. in March 2019.. It was a garage queen and I had some light mods, BMR Suspension, cradle lockout,,,,,new wheels and tires, gt 350 steering wheel and shift knob and gt 350 track pack spoiler....big worm racing stripes.., magnaflow exhaust,,,,...I kept all my stock parts and threw them in the deal.....I really did not want to sale it but I got the deal I wanted.......I miss it and loved the color and it was the perfect car....... I think if I tried to sale it today, probably be lucky if I got $28,000 to $30,000. I think you are looking at $31,000 to $32,000 in todays market....

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
To the right person, it's worth $35k.

Question is how long you are willing to wait to get it.

I sell modified cars for a living. We tell lots of guys to take a hike before the right one for the car comes along. Most people want PRISTINE, SHOWROOM condition cars....but they've got a budget of $5 and a can of Pringles.

If the car is clean, you'll get what you want or close to. Just be ready to let the low ballers walk. Yeah, someone could go get a new GT for that price. And it would be stock, no mods. Your market is a true gearhead who isnt concerned about warranty and knows what the value of the mods are.

Anyone who says no extra money for mods is wrong. My whole business works on the fact that there is value in improvements. If their mentality is "I want that, but I don't want to pay for it" or "I can get that cheaper since its modified", just let them move along.

Good luck to you and be patient.
Sponsored