dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
Got a video of my water pump from when it exploded back in April.
Sponsored

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT Vert, 2016 GT Vert
My 2002 Gt Convertible 145,000 miles just normal wear items bushings, Clutch, brakes and Tires. The engine and trans has been flawless It is even on its original water pump and Alternator. My 2016 Gt Convertible 26,000 No issues. I am going to have to replace the Battery soon.

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
Waa there any damage when that happened?
The water pump's pulley bearings disintegrated which seized the pump at about 4000 rpm in 5th gear. The belt for that pulley shredded and the entire volume of coolant was sprayed under the hood. I pulled off the road and turned off the engine within about 10 seconds of this happening, so no other damage was found thus far. Dealership replaced the water pump and belt under powertrain warranty. I found pieces of pump internals and strings of belt inside the belly pan when I did the oil change last week.

OP
OP

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
The water pump's pulley bearings disintegrated which seized the pump at about 4000 rpm in 5th gear. The belt for that pulley shredded and the entire volume of coolant was sprayed under the hood. I pulled off the road and turned off the engine within about 10 seconds of this happening, so no other damage was found thus far. Dealership replaced the water pump and belt under powertrain warranty. I found pieces of pump internals and strings of belt inside the belly pan when I did the oil change last week.
Thank goodness that is all. I mean, a pump breaking is bad but good thing it's all sorted out now. When mine breaks I'm thinking about putting an Edelbrock in instead of the OEM. I assume the dealership put in another OEM part for you?

Sponsored

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
still awaiting a diagnosis but some kind of major powertrain failure at 27.5k miles, 2018 GT, manual, BONE STOCK. Not here to bash or complain, I have loved this car as much as life itself lol. But when the car comes to a loud grinding halt coming off the highway in neutral (after chillin in 6th gear), makes you wonder...

I would consider myself a 'moderate' driver, I dont baby the car and definitely hit redline here and there, but I also have never powershifted/burnout/drift/forced the car into gear racing/autocrossing, and am overly cautious with maintenance. I know these transmissions dont like being rushed and I shift accordingly, even if its a spirited drive. Been driving manual for 16 years. Would gladly admit beating on the car if I was, considering it'll still be fixed under warranty regardless. But no, I do not abuse the car. Its a DD, I work in healthcare so transportation is no excuse to miss work, and a working car is essential. We'll see what the damage is very soon

Other than that, in 27.5k miles, had to have the active exhaust actuators replaced for rattling, and the hood blanket sagged and burned a little on the intake. Also have 3rd gear lockout sometimes, which is annoying af, but its a smooth manual otherwise and had zero issues through cold winters.

Unless you are modding heavily, never gamble on a Ford without an ESP! No dealer has ever been able to match floodfordesp.com, fyi

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
Thank goodness that is all. I mean, a pump breaking is bad but good thing it's all sorted out now. When mine breaks I'm thinking about putting an Edelbrock in instead of the OEM. I assume the dealership put in another OEM part for you?
Yes, it was replaced with OEM part under warranty.

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
My car just slipped past the 36k warranty. So I broke open the suspension upgrade I've been planning.

While pulling the exhaust so I could put in the IRS bushings I noticed gear oil had made it past the half-shaft seal on the driver's side and made that spot on the differential housing every mechanic hates to see. Huh....interesting. So I looked over everything else. My driver's side rear shock was blown. Oil had been seeping out of it and got all over the exhaust, got on the rear control arm, etc.

Then my memory went back in time to that moment in January when I hit that really bad pothole and thought the car was going to go into orbit. I looked under the car when that happened and didn't see anything wrong. Now I know what happened.

Luckily the seal wasn't damaged that much - I went ahead and drove in a new OEM seal from ford. Half shaft was perfectly fine, and was replacing the rear shock anyway. So that's a lesson - scary holes will do bad things to an IRS if you let it.

Bowlerguy92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10 Auto PP1
My entire A10 transmission blew up at 7,000 miles. Fluid pump went out, took everything else with it while on a cruise with a buddy. Towed to the dealer and a full rebuild was necessary. Luckily, the $5k repair was on Ford. I've had it back for a few weeks and so far so good.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
I don’t have my 2016 anymore, but mine got the dreaded a/c issue at about 12k. Pain in the ass, but I still loved the car. Hope to get back into a mustang in the next 12 months.

Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I work in the medical field as well, driving 6 counties in Texas, including the Hill Country. Got a 2 nail close together flat tire and now a cracked windshield, otherwise I am good! No business will install an Optic Armor windshield???

TopJimmyCooks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem PP; 2019 EcoBoost Prem
Vehicle Showcase
I am surprised there are not multiple replies about rear wheel bearings. They fail early and often on S550's. I replaced mine last year.
Had my car in today to my guy for a pre-HPDE inspection. Left rear wheel bearing was completely shot. He said he was surprised at how bad it was with 19k miles even with a little HPDE.

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
searched and couldn’t find many reported cases of this. So necro-posting here to document.

97B2525D-D54E-406E-91E0-EF13816FCDCA.jpeg

Passenger side parking brake cable snapped. I’ve only tightened it two times, 69k miles on the car. After it broke, there’s zero tension on parking brake handle. Ordered new parts for left and right side and will have them replaced next week. Luckily it wasn’t the front part, as apparently that has to be replaced together with whole handle assembly.

Left Side (Driver) FR3Z-2A635-K
Right Side (Passenger) FR3Z-2A635-J

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
2016 GT 25k miles .

AC condenser went at 22k $1125

3pdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 mustang gt pp1, '82 f150
2019 gt pp1 premium with 25k. flawless so far. occasional track days and autocross. frequently driven full throttle to redline. i absolutely love this car. it is hard on tires though.
Sponsored