Sponsored

What's been your experience with Diode Dynamics LED Turn Signal Housings!

Slyfox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver 2015 mustang
just curious what do you think of the Diode Dynamics LED Turn Signal Housings?
good or bad experience , would like to know what you think
Sponsored

Jmart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Premium, Lightning Blue
I've had the smoked version since they first launched without any issues and still really like them. Big visual upgrade, great functionality, and OE in terms of fit and finish. Well worth the $$ IMO.

Edit: my avatar photo shows what they look like installed.

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
I've had the smoked version since they first launched without any issues and still really like them. Big visual upgrade, great functionality, and OE in terms of fit and finish. Well worth the $$ IMO.

Edit: my avatar photo shows what they look like installed.
Did you get the DRL wiring kit for it?

AgentAlex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I've also had the smoked version since launch. With the first set I had, the driver's side turn signal started flickering. I contacted Diode Dynamics and they sent out a new set. I have not had any problems with this set.

Were they worth the money? I don't know. They sure do look good though.

25356308188_d35dc8b92d_b.jpg

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
[MENTION=23692]cpelaez1[/MENTION]

Sponsored

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black 5.0 Vert
I’ve had them since pretty close to launch. I have the smoked version. They are awesome. Look really great. Unfortunately I had to replace the passenger side because it stopped working within a couple days of using it. DD sent me one quickly. Then, my driver side stopped working correctly. I’m currently waiting for the replacement in the mail. There have been some issues but I still really like the product even though I’ve had to replace both.
F435E0D9-E98E-4CA0-9B1F-636AB4E7FA0D.jpeg

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I know, anecdote and all, but it seems like that's typically the case with DD products. They shine the brighest and look the best, but you have to go through one or two before you're fully set. They always seem to stand by the product though and I haven't seen many people just give up on any of their stuff.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
I know, anecdote and all, but it seems like that's typically the case with DD products. They shine the brighest and look the best, but you have to go through one or two before you're fully set. They always seem to stand by the product though and I haven't seen many people just give up on any of their stuff.
Par for the course. I've warrantied at least half of the DD lights on my car. I honestly don't know what their deal is, and is the reason why I'm not buying these... or at least waiting a while.

Jmart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Premium, Lightning Blue

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Hey guys! Thanks for the pics and for sharing your experience.

Overall, our records indicate that we've shipped around 1000 sets now, with 7 warranty replacements. For a new product, this is well within our quality goals. We've carefully analyzed returned units and customer reports, and we've diagnosed a few problems with the wiring/connector and then three defects we were able to track down to assembly of a single component on the control PCB. Both of these items are related to assembly, not design, so there's no concern for the other 900+ units in the field. We do have small improvements our engineers have been working on that will fully eliminate the problem, and we are doing additional testing in production as well.

Thanks again for posting the pics, I know we could definitely use a few more on our site!

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I've had the smoked turn signals since launch and absolutely love them! Never had any trouble and really think this is the way they should have been new. I did buy the DRL harness too even though I probably didn't need to. I had reprogrammed the As-Built data using FORScan to have those lights as DRLs. I chose to program back to stock and add the harness for more of a stock application. I also got to remove my resistors I had installed for the older DD switchback bulbs that I bought when they were new and never had any trouble with them either.

GenXGeekDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP MM
I did. Very easy to install and works as advertised.
I got the smoked signals too and they are working out fine. However, first pair of DRL harnesses came in from CJPony, and one of them had the purple crimp missing, just bare wire.

CJPony replaced with a new pair, and this one again had one harness where the crimp was in the bag, but again , came off the bare wire.

Has anyone had this issue? I assume I can re-crimp the unit, but wondering about the quality of the DD DRL Harness set.

GenXGeekDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP MM
CJ Pony had to send a 3rd shipment to ensure all parts were good. Results are good and DRL harnesses now installed.
20180401_125506.jpg
Sponsored