Sponsored

What would prevent you from buying the S650?

Obsidian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 White
I don't mod so the ECU doesn't bother me so much but the screens are my biggest issue. They look terrible, and I hate having to do everything on a screen. The buttons they did keep look like crap too. I do think those waiting this one out a bit are playing it safe. The sync 3 in my Mach 1 is glitchy AF. I can't imagine all that new screen stuff is going to go off without a hitch. The main reason I won't be going to a S650 is I love my Mach 1. There is nothing about the S650 that would get me out of it. I like the way the S550 looks a lot better, particularly the M1 front end. The interior on S650 in terms of materials only got slightly better...but it lost all of the unique Mustang touches such as round air vents, dual brow, the toggles, etc and then they threw in those hideous screens. I would say the steering wheel is a plus, but the rebadged Bronco center is too bulky.
Yes! I’m surprised this isn’t talked about more. I can’t stand that chunky looking center of the steering wheel on the new s650. It looks lazy, like hey we have all these extra pieces already let’s just change the pony and call it a day
Sponsored

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Tony, you have a problem.
I keep going back to this post. Something bothers me about that picture. Why in the wide world of sports does that black GT not have stripes? I mean 3/4 if uour cars- stripes. Either all or none. Sheesh (I need a new hobby. )

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT
After being dumb with my financial decisions...decided to get back into a Mustang. I ended up ordering my '23 as I loved Eruption Green and wish I just waited the extra 3-6 months with my '22. Waited to see what came first - '24 pricing or my '23 order. It's obvious what came first lol.

I like the '24, but a couple nit picky things would be:
-EBB and EPB - not a fan of electronic actuated brakes or parking brakes, especially on a manual
-No EB manual, probably would've went that route as I have my '66 running now
-Lack of buttons for HVAC controls and the stupid giant button on the dash
-After finally revealing pricing...price. My car optioned as a '24 would be $3-4k more...although more because I'd want Brembos as well. Plus APR is dumb right now - got a slightly lower rate with my '23 thanks to price protection through Ford Credit.
-Minor, but no EG or MP colors, or really any "different" colors. I probably would've done Grabber Blue if I did get a '24.

I could live with the '24 as it is, but the price and no manual EB option is what really kills it for me. If I made the money to afford a Dark Horse though...I'd probably have just gone that route.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
S650 looks like a modern electric car that has internal combustion engine for some reason. Does not look like a Mustang. If you need a Mustang you have to look elsewhere.

Sponsored

Phakdat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1, 23 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing
Unless a street legal version of Mustang GT3, most likely not going to buy S650. Stick with my s550 as a daily and get a C8 Z06 or Porsche 911 for weekend car.

Troy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium
Besides the ECU being locked down, I’m not a fan of the gaudy iPad screens that don’t seem to match the interior, the Camaro-like design in the back, the auto start/stop, and the rear end as the crease look is too exaggerated for my liking.

Was curious as to what would prevent some others from buying it to see if my dislikes were common or it's something else altogether.
I mean i agree. Thats gonna be retarded to hear a V8 start and stop at redlights and stuff. I have to assume there is gonna be an on off button in the dash somewhere. My wifes Kia telluride has that start/stop stuff on it and i just disable it with the button when i get in the car.
The interior did keep me from buying one. Bought a 2023 because the giant flat screens look too EV for me.

ptmwriter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
85 Jeep, 04 Tbird PCR, Honda CRV, 22 Coastal LTD
Besides the ECU being locked down, I’m not a fan of the gaudy iPad screens that don’t seem to match the interior, the Camaro-like design in the back, the auto start/stop, and the rear end as the crease look is too exaggerated for my liking.

Was curious as to what would prevent some others from buying it to see if my dislikes were common or it's something else altogether.
As someone who bought my first Mustang last fall (2022 Coastal Limited convertible), I can't imagine the glare off the screens when driving the car top down.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Does anyone have some good photo's of the car and also all of the "specs"????

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
Does anyone have some good photo's of the car and also all of the "specs"????
You should be able to go on the ford website and build one by now I think. That way you can see all the options.

Sponsored

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
The thing that might prevent me from buying it is that the increasing amount of electronic tech is starting to actively annoy me.

It's my age, I know. I don't want to feel "connected" in my goddamn car. I want to get far away from the too-connected world for a while. :crackup:

I love my '20 but lately I see S197s and I feel nostalgic for my '13 - which was, of course, vastly more sophisticated a car than the ones I drove way, way back in the 20th century.

C'est la guerre.
Sponsored

Last edited: