Sponsored

what will you do with the Tribute Front Grill Fog light holes?

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Here is one i photoshopped. I took these fogs from a 2013 mustang. I don't know about them fitting. But the top of the fogs on a 2013 have the same flat shape at the top like one mach1 has

1596903550029.png
Shit, that actually looks good.
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I don't get it. My friend has a S197 with those circles on the grill and without giving them some purpose it just doesn't work for me. Nobody needs headlights there. Even on a rally car you'd want to mount them higher.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Personally, Iā€™m not a huge fan of fog lights on an S550, but I still donā€™t understand why Ford didnā€™t do it like the Boss and give the ASE model the fog lights, and put the delete plates on the performance model (Handling Packa

Yeah I don't get it. My friend has a S197 with those circles on the grill and without giving them some purpose it just doesn't work for me. Nobody needs headlights there. Even on a rally car you'd want to mount them higher.
They're fog lights, meaning theyā€™re meant to be mounted low and aimed low. Theyā€™d function just fine in the grille

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m partial because I love rally cars. But I always kinda liked the s197ā€™s and their grill mounted fog lights. And I think this Mach 1 grill is the only way an s550 manages to pull it off. But with true fog lamps, youā€™d want them mounted lower and using yellow/amber bulbs. No one NEEDS that much light (as you mentioned theyā€™re essential a 2nd set of headlamps) but it sure is nice for bombing down those back country roads at night

MountainStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
Iā€™m partial because I love rally cars. But I always kinda liked the s197ā€™s and their grill mounted fog lights. And I think this Mach 1 grill is the only way an s550 manages to pull it off. But with true fog lamps, youā€™d want them mounted lower and using yellow/amber bulbs. No one NEEDS that much light (as you mentioned theyā€™re essential a 2nd set of headlamps) but it sure is nice for bombing down those back country roads at night
Agree Iā€™ve always liked them on my s197 and also enjoy the ā€œrallyā€ look

Sponsored

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
They could really be used as a sort of ram air system. The driver side one could feed straight into the air box somewhat like a velossa big mouth tube. It would be a huge opening and keep hot air from the radiator away from the intake air. The passenger side Iā€™m not sure what you would do with and would probably be for looks. It might even look cool to copy the challenger and do a white halo ring that turns amber and works as a turn signal. This could be done with the air intake idea and I think would look pretty good especially since the Mach 1 has the orange stripes.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
1605056169504.png
1605056169504.png

I thought I'd like them, but now that I see them in the grill, I hate them.
I think I'd leave the grill alone.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550

Sponsored
OP
OP

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
Here is one i photoshopped. I took these fogs from a 2013 mustang. I don't know about them fitting. But the top of the fogs on a 2013 have the same flat shape at the top like one mach1 has

1596903550029.png
looks good

51NNED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I'm on the fence. Will probably just leave it as is, but I kinda dig the yellow lights.

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
i wonder how they'd look open. probably pretty cool / industrial. thoughts?
I think it would look okay. Some may think it would look ā€œincompleteā€ with just holes there

I'm on the fence. Will probably just leave it as is, but I kinda dig the yellow lights.
I think the yellow fogs would look killer on a black car