Sponsored

What up Gt350 Family!

No_step_on_snek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Hey guys,

Fingers crossed I will be picking up my 2018 GT350 on friday! This car has been one of my dream cars since I read the rumors about it in 2014.

My current car is a 2008 E92 BMW M3. I've always loved my M3 but the time for something new has finally arrived!

My first question is what is the best way to very RPM's on the highway? I have a 100 mile drive back home from the dealer.

Any other hints and tips are greatly appreciated! Ill hopefully have some pictures for you guys friday!
Sponsored

1Bad_ShelbyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350R
I told by a Ford performance tech to stay in each gear for a few minutes while driving at speed on the a Highway

Also , do slow figure eights to “seat the bearings”of the rear differential, in a parking lot, both sides

Welcome to.... :ford: and enjoy your new Gt350.......:cheers:

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
Enjoy your car, I'm very interested in your opinion as an m3 veteran.

Sponsored

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
Don't flip out the drivers side windshield washer arm with the hood shut.

It will bottom the front splitter on things you never worried about bottoming on before.

Leave the cruise control off, open the exhaust and just drive it normally. You will probably vary the speed enough just to listen to the exhaust (except in 6th it will go closed).

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Give it a few hundred miles for the new transmission and differential gears to get seated in before hammering it. Even though the engine is already settled in after maybe 500 miles or so for high speeds those other gears just need a few miles to smooth in together. I've seen guys with performance cars complain about rear end whine before. But yet they took car right out and drove **** out of it from the start. Not understanding that just cause the engine can they still have those other drive train components that just need a little patience with.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys,

Fingers crossed I will be picking up my 2018 GT350 on friday! This car has been one of my dream cars since I read the rumors about it in 2014.

My current car is a 2008 E92 BMW M3. I've always loved my M3 but the time for something new has finally arrived!

My first question is what is the best way to very RPM's on the highway? I have a 100 mile drive back home from the dealer.

Any other hints and tips are greatly appreciated! Ill hopefully have some pictures for you guys friday!
I owned that M3, amongst a few others, M5's too. I think the Gt350 is way more engaging and thrilling to drive. Not just because of the exhaust note; but the whole package.

Truth be told, I miss that specific M3, myself. In a better world, I would have enough garage space and money to keep both, and a winter car. Wait, all I need is to move south, out of this rubbish New England. Hmm....

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I told by a Ford performance tech to stay in each gear for a few minutes while driving at speed on the a Highway

Also , do slow figure eights to “seat the bearings”of the rear differential, in a parking lot, both sides

Welcome to.... :ford: and enjoy your new Gt350.......:cheers:
This makes no sense; you are spinning the clutches when you do figure eight's not bearings. Bearings just roll like they always do... The gear advice kinda makes sense, as you need to wear/use each gear's set of sprockets...

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Hey guys,

Varying RPM's in each gear is essential with shift points varying from 3000 RPM up to 6000 RPM with less than a 100 miles on the car.

We all know that the redline for the GT350 FPC engine is 8250 RPM but suggest that you not exceed 6000 RPM's for the first 100 miles and only use 3/4 throttle at the most for the first few hundred miles and always keep an eye on the oil dip stick especially as you get more aggressive with your car.

Of course waiting until all fluids are up to normal operating temperature is also very important before getting into some aggressive driving along with getting some heat into your tires as well.

Your will be fine with ride home while driving your new GT350!!!

:cheers:

Sponsored
OP
OP
No_step_on_snek

No_step_on_snek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Enjoy your car, I'm very interested in your opinion as an m3 veteran.
I'll definitely excited to experience the 350 after owning the M3. The e92 m3 is a great car and the high reving S65 v8 is very similar to the voodoo. Thats one of the main reason that got me interested in the 350.

I'm sure the 350 will have much more grip but i'm curious to experience the steering feel and turn in speed.

I owned that M3, amongst a few others, M5's too. I think the Gt350 is way more engaging and thrilling to drive. Not just because of the exhaust note; but the whole package.

Truth be told, I miss that specific M3, myself. In a better world, I would have enough garage space and money to keep both, and a winter car. Wait, all I need is to move south, out of this rubbish New England. Hmm....
I know i'll probably miss my M3 on some days as well. the E92, E46 and e39 M5 were the last of the greatest M cars.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
IMO, E92 M3s had better pure steering feel and faster steering ratio as well (but not necessarily faster turn in speed). But that is just that. Overall I think the GT350 is way more engaging and fun (but also bigger at the same time). So it depends a lot on what checks boxes off your list :)

OP
OP
No_step_on_snek

No_step_on_snek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
IMO, E92 M3s had better pure steering feel and faster steering ratio as well (but not necessarily faster turn in speed). But that is just that. Overall I think the GT350 is way more engaging and fun (but also bigger at the same time). So it depends a lot on what checks boxes off your list :)
The steering feel of the M3 is pretty hard to beat. I only drove a 350 for a few miles so I can't give a lot of feedback on it. The size of the GT350 was one of my biggest concerns but it seems to hid it well once you get moving.

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
This makes no sense; you are spinning the clutches when you do figure eight's not bearings. Bearings just roll like they always do... The gear advice kinda makes sense, as you need to wear/use each gear's set of sprockets...
Just for clarification the 350 employs a TorSen diff, which is fully mechanical using a combination of worm and spur gears. There are no clutches.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
The steering feel of the M3 is pretty hard to beat. I only drove a 350 for a few miles so I can't give a lot of feedback on it. The size of the GT350 was one of my biggest concerns but it seems to hid it well once you get moving.
Its agility masks well its weight and size - to a point that is. Put it on a narrow canyon road next to my Fiesta ST for example and its size (not necessarily weight) become very obvious. That (size) has been, maybe, my biggest complaint to a GT350.
Sponsored