Sponsored

What to do before supercharger??

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
Seems like one common suggestion is to get wider tires. I see reference to guys still not being able to hook in 1st or 2nd (talking manual transmission) gear even with wider tires once they go FI. For street tires is this somewhat true or not? Does going 305 or 315 in the rear mean you most always hook on the street with street tires in 1st and 2nd?
I hook every gear.. 305 MT ET SS

Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
600whp you need a drag radial to hook below 40-50. im ont 305 nt05(non R) and i have to roll into 2nd

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
hell no. im on a 305 NT555g2 with an AUTO and i barely hook at 40-50

I hook every gear.. 305 MT ET SS

600whp you need a drag radial to hook below 40-50. im ont 305 nt05(non R) and i have to roll into 2nd
So what am I missing here, two say they still spin tires and one says he hooks every time. Mainly just curious if it's worth it to go to wider tires (not drag radials, just normal summer radials) with FI if I'll still be spinning through 1st and 2nd. They for sure make the car look cooler, but I like functional improvements more.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
So what am I missing here, two say they still spin tires and one says he hooks every time. Mainly just curious if it's worth it to go to wider tires (not drag radials, just normal summer radials) with FI if I'll still be spinning through 1st and 2nd. They for sure make the car look cooler, but I like functional improvements more.
not familiar with MT ET SS? those are street legal drag tires. aka drag radials.. not usually in the group as "street tire" drag radials are usually like 8k miles or less. and made of an R compund

a drag radial will make more impact than a wider tire.. but depends on what you fine with dealing with for tread life

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
ET SS are drag radials.

that not indicative of what most of us drive around on.

im on a summer tire.

Sponsored

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
The more contact patch you have the better.; that's a gimme. A DR is going to hook better overall and you don't need a 315 to make that happen. If you want the best traction for FI you need a DR period. A normal street tire just isn't going to cut it.

I had a 295 on the rear, normal Nitto G2 tire when I first went FI. My first time breaking them loose going 80 was the last time I had a normal tire on the rear. I now run a NT555R in the rear and they have enough traction when warm and a wear rating I can tolerate (10k miles ish).

My car is like yours as in it is a weekend warrior or a I wanna have fun car. Bought early 2015 and I only have 10k miles on it. If this really just a fun car like you claim then put DR's on it when you boost. They will last a year or two and you wont have to worry about dying when you mash it on the freeway from losing control.

My 2c

Phoenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If this really just a fun car like you claim then put DR's on it when you boost. They will last a year or two and you wont have to worry about dying when you mash it on the freeway from losing control.

My 2c
and if this is the case then i reccomend DSS 800hp axles at least. i have 1400hp axles on mine just for peace of mind.

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
and if this is the case then i reccomend DSS 800hp axles at least. i have 1400hp axles on mine just for peace of mind.
If mt82 for sure, if 6r80 not so worried. Haven't heard of a 6r80 snapping axels on the streets, could have missed it though.

Phoenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If mt82 for sure, if 6r80 not so worried. Haven't heard of a 6r80 snapping axels on the streets, could have missed it though.
im an auto with 1400hp axles.

i never wanted to replace them. ever. :lol:

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
im an auto with 1400hp axles.

i never wanted to replace them. ever. :lol:
haha! My first real track day is coming up...I may have to bit the bullet and pick a set up.

Sponsored

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Wider is worth it for the looks, for traction not so much, and dr are a hit and a miss, Ive had my car loose in third at 80mph,(Nittont05r) next time you go wot in first and they hook, depends on many factors like temps and surface

DrDanimalSize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
for all you OPG/CG guys, where are all the failure threads?

I had a paxton novi 2200 setup for 20k miles and never broke anything, was pushing over 600 wheel

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
for all you OPG/CG guys, where are all the failure threads?

I had a paxton novi 2200 setup for 20k miles and never broke anything, was pushing over 600 wheel
Thats awesome you had no issues!!! I did it for peace of mind. I also drive the hell out of my car.

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 50th Mustang GT vert, '03 yellow Evo
What would be a great tire for forced induction, but still be good in the rain? I plan to SC in the future, but I will still drive the car in the rain. I heard DR's aren't good in the wet. I plan to go PSS or the 4S. Maybe Continentals.

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
What would be a great tire for forced induction, but still be good in the rain? I plan to SC in the future, but I will still drive the car in the rain.
Power goals and FI setup would help us answer that question.
Sponsored