Sponsored

What to do about damaged vehicle? (Need advice)

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Keep it and enjoy it, I already have some stone chips in mine.
The car will be fixed and will probably be better than new with the panel alignment and thicker paint exactly where you need it most.

What can never be replaced is the year you will miss driving it around while it is king of the hill.

2 or 3 years from now Ford WILL release a GT500 and the awe of the GT350 will be gone.
Sort of the way people look when I tell them mine is not a V8.
(I personally don't give a f*** and just walk away laughing from anyone who has to ask)
Drive it while it is still special.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
New paint may be "better" than the factory paint, but it likely will not match exactly in gloss, finish (orange peel) and color in all lighting conditions. If you go this route, examine the repainted car in daylight, under clouds, indoors under various types of lighting, at night under streetlights and parking lot lights, and with an LED flashlight. If you're happy with what you see, then drive on - unless having a half-repainted car matters to you because it's not original. Some people care, and some people don't. :shrug:

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
^^^ This applies to new vehicles as well! Dealers will intentionally place cars in lighting conditions that hide factory and dealer installed (swirl marks) defects. Ask me how I know. If you go to look at a car that's been sitting on a dealer lot/showroom for any significant amount of time, be sure to bring a bright LED flashlight and insist on seeing the car in the sunlight.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
^^^ Gee, you mean there's a reason dealers have dim lighting in their delivery centers? I thought it was mood lighting to enhance the experience... :lol:

OP
OP

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
16' GT350 AG Track P. w/ blk OTT stripes/b. roof
If you fully cancel, how do you guarantee a 2017 allocation with the same pricing?
MAS is looking into this question. They currently don't know how many allocations they will get to offer, when they can place my order, or the exact pricing for my car if is a MY17. So right now I'm just waiting on them.

Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
I want to say a BIG Thank You to all of you. We don't know each other but you have carried me throughout this nightmare. As much as it pains me, I think you guys are right, and I will cancel everything and get all my money back. Waited all this time since September and never got a chance to drive it or sit in more than 5 minutes.
Good decision. Patience pays off.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Good decision! You will be happier with your OEM oil-cooler-equipped 2017 anyway.

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Keep it and enjoy it, I already have some stone chips in mine.
The car will be fixed and will probably be better than new with the panel alignment and thicker paint exactly where you need it most.

What can never be replaced is the year you will miss driving it around while it is king of the hill.

2 or 3 years from now Ford WILL release a GT500 and the awe of the GT350 will be gone.

Sort of the way people look when I tell them mine is not a V8.
(I personally don't give a f*** and just walk away laughing from anyone who has to ask)
Drive it while it is still special.
Flat plane crank race motor based sports coupes pretty much guarantees legendary status for decades. The fact that it's priced at 57k vs. 200k, makes it almost unbelievable.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Flat plane crank race motor based sports coupes pretty much guarantees legendary status for decades. The fact that it's priced at 57k vs. 200k, makes it almost unbelievable.
It should go without saying that most of us who are buying the car, truly understand just how special it is. Manufacturers don't even have the time to react to the GT350 with their own version of a FPC V8(let's be real, this is probably the one and only real exciting V8 not in an exotic in the history of V8's). Chevy still holding on to old tech, and Dodge just went the easy route and went FI. Ford is the only one that put an effort to make something of this caliber. Nothing else touches it for its uniqueness and value. I've said this shit a hundred times, and I don't care if I sound like a broken record praising this damn car.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
It should go without saying that most of us who are buying the car, truly understand just how special it is. Manufacturers don't even have the time to react to the GT350 with their own version of a FPC V8(let's be real, this is probably the one and only real exciting V8 not in an exotic in the history of V8's). Chevy still holding on to old tech, and Dodge just went the easy route and went FI. Ford is the only one that put an effort to make something of this caliber. Nothing else touches it for its uniqueness and value. I've said this shit a hundred times, and I don't care if I sound like a broken record praising this damn car.
Damn straight! Magazine/stat sheet racers and gotta have the newest type buyers may dump the 350 for the 500. The true car guy/purist types will be holding onto them for awhile.

In 10+ years I think they will have a cult like following, much like gated F-cars, 993s, S2000s, etc.