Sponsored

What to do about damaged vehicle? (Need advice)

OP
OP

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
16' GT350 AG Track P. w/ blk OTT stripes/b. roof
I would refuse it and tell them you'll happily wait for another one made to the exact specifications you've already requested in the 2017 model year.
I spoke with them about this today, they are unsure when they will get any allocations for MY2017. So right now I just have to wait for them to finish working on it, or just simply refuse it and hope for a replacement vehicle :frusty: :rant:
Sponsored

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
What are your intentions? Are you planning on driving the car? Daily driver?

Unless you are going to keep the car as a garage queen and put little miles on it so you can turn a profit in a few years, I would let them fix the car. It is unrealistic to demand a
"factory" painted bumper. Factories can't easily add a one off bumper into the line like that.

Now, if they can get you a new car, I would take the new car. But if they cant get you an allocation, your only option is to take the fixed car.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
From what your are saying I suspect the damage is more than they can conceal from other potential buyers. As such they may be agreeable to compensate you for its diminished value unless you already had a deal they later thought they could sell it more for.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
None of this damage will matter in 5 years, but those 5 years of driving the car will be irreplaceable.

Have them do the repairs first. If you are happy with the way the repairs have turned out, go ahead and take the car. If the repairs are poorly done, then you can either try to get an additional discount or see if they've learned anything new about a 2017 allocation.

No matter what you choose, have them do the repairs first and then decide.

Keep in mind that cars get body damage all the time, and a good body shop can make it look like nothing every happened.

Plus maybe your oil pump will give out anyway (just a way of highlighting that you never know what can happen in the future).

-T

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
^^ Agree with that, especially given the price for a MAS car.

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
I would not accept a damaged brand new car. It's a mustang not a one of ten 2 million dollar ferrari. There are others out there and surely more to come for 17MY.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I would refuse it and tell them you'll happily wait for another one made to the exact specifications you've already requested in the 2017 model year.
If you go this route Aliek, I'd find out the details about how the first one was damaged and mitigate, as best you can, a repeat with the second one.

OP
OP

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
I would not accept a damaged brand new car. It's a mustang not a one of ten 2 million dollar ferrari. There are others out there and surely more to come for 17MY.
I just asked for a replacement of my unit with an MY17 allocation. Waiting on them to tell me as to whether or not they agree and will comply.

OP
OP

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
If you go this route Aliek, I'd find out the details about how the first one was damaged and mitigate, as best you can, a repeat with the second one.
Thank you for your comments. The car just got sent to the body shop, so right now I have no choice but to at least wait to see the final product. I am having a restoration/body shop expert of my own to inspect the vehicle. With his help, I will make the final decision.

Sponsored
OP
OP

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
***UPDATE 4/12/2016
Currently the car is sitting at the body shop with no provided ETA for the car to be released to me. Keep in mind, the car arrived on 3/30/2016.

So far this is what is confirmed:
-MAS will give me the extended warranty at no charge to me.
-The dealership will cover all the costs, including one new tire (back ordered) and labor to be done.
-A representative from Ford arrived at the body shop and is now taking over to make sure the car is properly fixed.

-I was told if I chose not to accept the car, I can be given a 2017 allocation for another to replace it (not yet confirmed by MAS)

If you were in my shoes and your car's whole front was to painted by a body shop to meet "show room conditions", will you take it if it looks good enough? Or would you cancel everything, get your money back, ask to be compensated for damages, and demand a 2017 allocation?

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
***UPDATE 4/12/2016
Currently the car is sitting at the body shop with no provided ETA for the car to be released to me. Keep in mind, the car arrived on 3/30/2016.

So far this is what is confirmed:
-MAS will give me the extended warranty at no charge to me.
-The dealership will cover all the costs, including one new tire (back ordered) and labor to be done.
-A representative from Ford arrived at the body shop and is now taking over to make sure the car is properly fixed.

-I was told if I chose not to accept the car, I can be given a 2017 allocation for another to replace it (not yet confirmed by MAS)

If you were in my shoes and your car's whole front was to painted by a body shop to meet "show room conditions", will you take it if it looks good enough? Or would you cancel everything, get your money back, ask to be compensated for damages, and demand a 2017 allocation?
If guaranteed, 2017 without question.

live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Personally I would not take the car, I don't care if you could not tell it was fixed, I would always know it was. They would need to make right by it and give you a 2017 allocation.

Good luck whatever you decide.

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Get the 2017 - no way a body shop paint job is as good as one at the factory. And that is assuming there are no hidden issues that crop up later in the cars life.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
2017 without even a second thought. That car would be going to someone else.

Of all the cars they Ford should be transporting via dedicated truck directly from the factory assembly line, it's 350s. One closed truck, all the day to your dealer.
Sponsored