Sponsored

What Special Editions would you like on the 2015+ Mustang S550?

blackstallion4209

The Stallion
Threads
Reaction score
I don't know if I've ever had a discussion about this, so lets hear some opinions. I think we all know the usual base and GT will continue, and i believe a ford rep said GT500 will remain also. So that leaves the inevitable special edition trims. From SN95 to S197 we've seen Bullitt, Mach1, Cobra, Cobra-R, Shelby GT, California Special, and of course BOSS (I may have missed some). So what would you like to see as the Mustang moves into the 6th gen? Maybe an all-new edition, or a remake of one of the old ones. I think the most likely is a 50th anniversary trim, but besides that who knows...
Sponsored

groundnpounder

50th anniversary edition model will for sure be made. Can't wait for the new BOSS. Want the current one SOOO bad!

Whatever special editions the 2015+ mustang brings I just hope they each have some performance or technology enhancements.

Ford has to avoid what GM did with the Camaro... If you look at the Camaro special editions they are basically all lame... just special colors or stripes basically. Except that 1LE package with the suspension upgrades.

OP
OP
blackstallion4209

blackstallion4209

The Stallion
Threads
Reaction score
I hated the transformers edition the most. something like $2000 for black tape stripes on the hood and a couple plastic autobot badges. So freakin stupid...

Grimm

Threads
Reaction score
I hated the transformers edition the most. something like $2000 for black tape stripes on the hood and a couple plastic autobot badges. So freakin stupid...
+1. Never understood the appeal of having a toy's badge on your car and having to pay for it :D Though I've also seen Mustangs with the decepticon badge. :rolleyes:Marketing at its best...

Was there body in white Mustang offered for the current gen? Would like to see that offered for the next generation and see some racing/tuning shops go nuts with it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
blackstallion4209

blackstallion4209

The Stallion
Threads
Reaction score
this.
Although stupid Ford didn't make the new 5.8 351 cubes, it's close enough. Remove S/C, add variant of Boss intake manifold. produce badassness.

lengnert

Threads
Reaction score
I am still a proponent of the SVO Mustang.

It is not the icon it should be, in Mustang lore.

Make it a stripped out (read extreme lightweight) V6 TT, or a maxed out screaming 4 cyl. turbo model and you have real potential for pissing off all the Asian car fans that thought only their makes could do that well.

OP
OP
blackstallion4209

blackstallion4209

The Stallion
Threads
Reaction score
I'd love a new SVO Mustang to rain on the BRZ/FRS' parade. Just style it differently from the GT

Coyotestang13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang 5.0 MT82 3.73
I thought the Boss was only for '12 and '13. Besides the 50th anniversary I would like to see a Mach 1 with the 5.8 n/a.

OP
OP
blackstallion4209

blackstallion4209

The Stallion
Threads
Reaction score
I think it is, but who says that can't change? But i agree, and it seems alot others do too, that there should be the obvious 50th anniv. and Mach 1 models. I can live with that

Sponsored

Harrys390

Threads
Reaction score
I also thought the Boss was a 2 year run. But the Boss variant is so iconic that Ford really should keep it permanently. So I'd like to see the next gen models:
V6 NA and Turbo option (base V6)
GT (base V8)
BOSS (road and track)
COBRA (formally GT500, this will be the top anti-Vette model)

Short wish list - New upscale interiors, maybe 2 tone Recaro leather, etc.
No rental versions.
Lose the MT82 and replace it with a bolt action 6 speed.
Give us a dual clutch option.
Please Ford, give us a STRIPE DELETE on all models. Don't like advertising to criminals that I have an expensive hot rod. Just give us the simple but powerful side badges like BOSS 302, GT, Cobra, etc.

Mustangeio

Threads
Reaction score
Honda has to prevent what GM did with the Camaro... If you look at the Camaro unique versions they are generally all boring... just unique shades or lines generally. Except that 1LE program with the revocation improvements.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Anything that's in Dark Highland Green.

I doubt there will be another BOSS for a long time, too bad. I'm sure a Mach 1, Bullitt and GT-500 will be built in the first couple years of the new model.

I would love to see a Cobra Jet street model! Something like a GT-500 stripped of all the creature comforts. Call the race only models Super Cobra Jets, history man!

How about a GT-R model as a GT with the BOSS motor and handling tricks, without the gaudy stripes, logos and hype?

svtbird91

Threads
Reaction score
Anything that's in Dark Highland Green.

I doubt there will be another BOSS for a long time, too bad. I'm sure a Mach 1, Bullitt and GT-500 will be built in the first couple years of the new model.

I would love to see a Cobra Jet street model! Something like a GT-500 stripped of all the creature comforts. Call the race only models Super Cobra Jets, history man!

How about a GT-R model as a GT with the BOSS motor and handling tricks, without the gaudy stripes, logos and hype?

I like your suggestions. I have a feeling we'll see a new Boss sooner rather than later. They already have the 5.0 boss engine, torsen rear and we know they are working on a new IRS so it most likely will be one of the first performance models we'll see. IMO

I would like to see a "King Cobra" some day maybe a 5.0 twin turbo eco boost version with an IRS. That would WOW the Euro crowd now that they will be getting the new Mustang right in their showrooms at home.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I like your suggestions. I have a feeling we'll see a new Boss sooner rather than later. They already have the 5.0 boss engine, torsen rear and we know they are working on a new IRS so it most likely will be one of the first performance models we'll see. IMO

I would like to see a "King Cobra" some day maybe a 5.0 twin turbo eco boost version with an IRS. That would WOW the Euro crowd now that they will be getting the new Mustang right in their showrooms at home.
Only thing wrong with the King Cobra, is the last one, a Mustang II sticker and bolt on kit.

I would love to see that twin turbo Coyote in something you can register, maybe the replacement engine for the GT-500.

A BOSS in 2016 would be awesome, but I'm not holding my breath.

I hate that Ford makes all these cool special limited editions instead of just offering them as an option and build what the people want. Government Motors does it all the time. It would keep Dealer Added Markups to a minimum, as you could go across town and order one.

I also hate that you have to wait 5 or more years before you're able to get a Mustang in my favorite color, Dark Highland Green. I had a '67 in that color and have loved it ever since. I want the color, but don't want to wait for one with all the Bullitt badge crap, but I'd have to repaint a car myself to have one.

Come up with new colors, available on all Mustangs and start a new tradition.

Why wasn't School Bus Yellow available like Gotta Have It Green? Not my favorite, but it should have been available to the masses.

Ford, quit doing things just because you did it that way before.
If I could have ordered a 2013 BOSS 302 in Dark Highland Green with black stripes, I would have done anything to get it, even sell a kidney.

Sorry for the rants, but I just had to.
Sponsored