Sponsored

What other cars did you consider before you decided on your Mustang?

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
I was about to pull the trigger on a new golf R and make it an “ultimate daily driver”. But then I got moved to a remote worker with no requirement to drive in adverse conditions. So back to a mustang I went.
Sponsored

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
Looked at and drove the Cayman, fantastic car and frankly my favorite over the Mustang. But I have this mental block about car prices and the Mustang in the 40's for what I got was too good to pass up. I really enjoy my mustang also.

thrillawill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Was going to get an Infiniti Q60 red sport, but when I researched they are slow as hell, and over 60K, I decided not to, the mustang has superior tech, which is weird when you compare the two as Infiniti is a luxury brand. For 60K you dont even get a digital screen in the infiniti.

jmack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2002 F-250 7.3 PSD
Had a BMW 440i Gran Coupe and C6 Corvette. The 440i was bought as a fun family car but back seats never got used. With no more commute and used car prices being up, I sold both the 440i and C6 and split the difference with a used 2018 GT.

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
Looked at a ton of options. The final two came down to:

2019-20 Camaro 2SS

2015-16 RC-F

Was totally going to go with the Camaro, even though I came from a Ford family and it was going to be my very first Chevy. Problem was I had my heart said on one of the two Gray colors, in the 2SS package WITH the Gray interior. I wasn't willing to compromise, and not willing to buy new. After 2 months of daily searching, all I was finding was former rental cars, which I was not going to do.

Liked the RC-F but was going to have to buy pretty much out of warranty or close to it and the brake job cost even if you DIY is just ridiculously expensive.

I loved the looks of the Mustang, but read about the engine and transmission issues at first blush and ruled it out. Welp, after 2 months of looking for my Gray on Gray Camaro that NO ONE in the nation ever sells once they have one unless your name is Hertz, I decided to dig a little deeper on the Mustang's "issues." I found what most of us find out, that they really aren't that big of a deal. So just as I started looking at Mustangs my unicorn fell into my lap. 2018 Roush RS2 with 5,700 miles, 2 hours away from me. They gave me just a hair under retail for my trade in and I couldn't be happier!

Sponsored

JWMGR8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JW
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
As an Old Guy who has owned bunches of cars and trucks My latest is a 2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1 coupe.
I considered
- A Bullitt, but no automatic available
- A GT 350, but no automatic
- A Camaro.... but you can't see out of it
- Another Corvette, but I just sold a C-7 and the C-8 has the motor in the wrong place
- I looked at used vs new and decided on new because of the deal (disc $9700)

Except for a few "FORD" issues its a nice car. Dash Bee Buzz, headliner coming down, Brake Bracket recall, and a few other things. Based on past Ford experience the paint job on this one is exceptional? I put 20" Carroll Shelby powered Chrome wheels on it because old guys like chrome?

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
a honda accord.

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
hahaha its such economically sound move though!

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
My plan is to keep my Mustang GT for fun and use my reliable and economical car for daily driving. Where I live 1 Gallon costs USD 5.3.

I thought about getting other US cars but settled on the Mustang GT eventually. I took a look at Camaro and Challenger (SRT and Hellcat) but these have even bigger engines and the running costs are higher (also no manufacturer warranty since it has to be imported). Estate car / station wagons are pretty common here, enough room for the family + a huge trunk. I don't plan to get full electrical car since they are too expensive for what they offer compared to used cars.
Except Ford there are not a lot of vehicles on the road by US car manufacturers here and then you do not see a lot of trucks like F150 at all. It's just too inadequate here because of gas price and taxes.
Maaybee some day I might consider a truck F150 or RAM or SIlverado when I can afford one because I like them.

Since car tax will become horribly expensive the next years for new gasoline engine cars I won't but a new car as daily driver only used cars. Example: Challenger 6.4L will cost about USD 1600 when it is new and licensed/admitted starting 1.1.2021, Mustang GT 5.0L about USD 850 per year.
Since I got mine this year I only pay USD 550 / year.

In general I don't drive for fun, only for purpose except when it's a Mustang GT.

Darkstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Oxford White.
Before I bought my 15 EB, I test drove a 5th Gen V6 Camaro and a V6 Challenger. The Camaro looked good on the outside and drove well but I thought the interior was trash and the visibility terrible. The Challenger looked good but was kind of boaty and boring. When I decided to move up to a V8, I test drove my car and a 15 Scat Pack Challenger. The Challenger was cool and appealed to me as a more of a muscle car but for the type of driving I like and the fact that it was an 18 with little mileage, it was no brainer to go with another Mustang. I don't regret it at all. It's going to take a pretty special car for me to trade this in.

Sponsored

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
I was considering the McLaren P1 for a while, but I couldn't get the seat configuration to work. If they can add one more seat, and reduce the price by about 1.1 million, I'll be there though, as long as I can fit the dog cage on the roof. Will need to try first.

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
I considered the Ecoboost, but I figured I would just dive all the way in. V8 or go home. Glad I did.

bknight21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brayden
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium a10
Vehicle Showcase
Before I bought my car I briefly considered looking at a slightly used BMW m240i or a wide body scat pack. Decided on a mustang because it was the car that I always wanted. With that being said, the wide body scat packs (both challenger and charger) look really good, but I have no regrets with my choice.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
I thought about a Scat Pack Charger, but it was quite a bit more than the Mustang. Few months later Dodge started offering the 20% off MSRP that would have put it at the same price. Still happy with my car.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
Cant remember before, but now that im back looking, only real competition is the other Horse in Fords stable.

Rwd wise, BRZ, 370z, Challenger Scat pack and Camaro SS, though I love convertibles, am familiar with Mustang, know a few shops, and can't beat MyColor or the howl of the Coyote
Sponsored