• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone replaced the rear toe links on our cars? I know for the GTs all of them seem to come equipped with the "PP" ones even if they aren't a Performance Pack.
Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Has anyone replaced the rear toe links on our cars? I know for the GTs all of them seem to come equipped with the "PP" ones even if they aren't a Performance Pack.
I did when I converted most of the factory suspension to the PP before I swapped into a different shock, strut, and springs.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I have a brand new pair of PP toe links and FPP bearings waiting for warmer weather to go in....

Looking for the cowl brace right now. Want to add that and the Steed 2 pt front brace and the Steeda IRS braces.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I did when I converted most of the factory suspension to the PP before I swapped into a different shock, strut, and springs.
I mean did you check to see if it was actually different at all? I'm thinking the PP one might be on all GTs then the non-PP one only on V6s and maybe Ecos.

ctandc72 might be the better one to take a look since I'm guessing you did yours a while back.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I mean did you check to see if it was actually different at all? I'm thinking the PP one might be on all GTs then the non-PP one only on V6s and maybe Ecos.

ctandc72 might be the better one to take a look since I'm guessing you did yours a while back.
Yes, it's different...otherwise I wouldn't have replaced it, lol. I compared the two as well after I pulled the stockers off. The only difference between the two was the bearing/bushing and I can't remember but I felt they looked a bit beefier too. It was around September/October I did this. I installed them when I did a few other suspension upgrades so I can't speak to how they felt afterward since it was all part of a package I bolted up. The set I put in came from a 2017 GT PP.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
Cool. I just reviewed your build thread. Great looking car and awesome build man. You have a really solid suspension build in place. I think what you be missing to tie in your front, at the least, is getting the cowl brace and strut brace with the triangle cowl hood brace(I think that's it's name, lol). I got my set for under 200 and it really improved front end feel. If that doesn't help then try the factory PP front control arm I mentioned. And then throw some new shoes on that Pony!
I also have the cowl brace (K-brace) - looks like I have to add it to my bill thread :). Thanks for the reminder