Sponsored

What made you order or buy a new Mustang?

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I by new for the same reason as hlfbkd420 mentioned. I am going to be the only one to beat the shit out of my sports cars. The other reason was when I saw the Need For Green up close I had to have it.
Sponsored

Thesauerchise

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Kia Optima, 2021 Mach 1
Simply Put, owning a Mustang has been a dream of mine since I was a child. I will be 40 in July and my father has owned since brand new a 71 Mach 1, and it has been imprinted on me since I was very young. I have been batting the idea around for a few years but could never commit, I have a 3 year old and a 18 year step child in college. However when they introduced the new Mach 1, combined with having our daily driver paid off, I had to make the move. I got lucky on a nice work bonus this year and my wife knows this has been my dream for 35 years. Probably sooner than I expected but I would have kicked myself for not at least making a real effort.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Simply Put, owning a Mustang has been a dream of mine since I was a child. I will be 40 in July and my father has owned since brand new a 71 Mach 1, and it has been imprinted on me since I was very young.
Same here. My Dad started me down the sports car path long ago and I have been going there ever since. Thanks Dad!!!!!

Thesauerchise

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Kia Optima, 2021 Mach 1
Same here. My Dad started me down the sports car path long ago and I have been going there ever since. Thanks Dad!!!!!
Now Iā€™m doing the same to my son. Itā€™s eerie.
Funny thing is my dads first car was a 69 Mach, traded two years later for the 71 he still has.
He almost bought a 69 Camaro but waited a couple weeks until the 69 mustang was unveiled. In some other universe Iā€™m on a camaro forum talking about my dream SS or something šŸ˜†

subject617

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT, 2020 Bullitt
Financially its generally a bad idea to buy a new car, as the value plummets in the first year by almost 30% (generally in Europe) i bought 2 cars out of 5 new. one with a 30% off (not a lot vehicle) and my 3rd Mustang (others used), mostly because i plan to keep it for as long as possible.

If you find a car that's being taken care of, buying used is no problem at all (even better when it got warranty) and can save you a huge amount of money. In europe saying is 2-3years is a sweetspot. You still got warranty (unless you buy Dieselgate-Brand) but the car is around 30-50% of its MSRP.

Sponsored

04DarkShadowGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
It totally depends on the situation at the time. We generally don't buy new unless there is a reason to.

I bought my new 2020 mustang towards the end of January of this year as it was a leftover with 2021s just starting to hit the lots. I got a good deal on it and I wanted Twister Orange so it was not likely to get used anyway.

Color aside the one I ended up getting was within a few K of a used 2018/2019. No brainier for me, I had $3,750 in rebates and then the dealer went down like $3,000. Sure, I have seen better new car deals on other colors, some closer to where I live, but I got the exact color and options I wanted.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
I bought my Mustangs brand new because Iā€™m the only one thatā€™s going to beat the shit out of a sports car that I own. Who knows what someone else did to it?! I know what I do to mine!

but yeah. Most of my other cars have been slightly used and in great shape. Saves a lot of money.
My thoughts exactly. I'm tempted to get a Supercab F150 as a family car. Based on the website, it's considerably cheaper than a used one.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
My thoughts exactly. I'm tempted to get a Supercab F150 as a family car. Based on the website, it's considerably cheaper than a used one.
The prices on trucks are through the roof. Not the time to be buying, new or used.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
I paid off my mortgage. So my new GT350 was my reward. ā˜ŗ
I plan to pay my mortgage off a few years quicker. Did that for 2 years and refinanced due to Wu Han causing rates to fall do so monthly I'm saving $200. Thinking about paying them minimum and use the equity for a smaller retirement home in 30ish years. Can't have this second floor home due to my fraxtured hip from the Army...

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
We've always planned on keeping each car longer than I suspect most people do, so depreciation isn't a big consideration. If anything, it's the cost of not having to settle for a car that was ordered to somebody else's preferences (this includes the original new-car dealership for cars originally bought "off the lot").

Norm

Wyzz Kydd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2020 Mustang EcoBoost
Buying used is generally good advice, but not necessarily when it's a sports car. I bought the Mustang new because the price of new vs used was essentially the same. I paid just over $24K out the door and the car is probably worth more than that right now.

I bought the SS 1LE new partly because that's the only way I would buy a V8 sports car and partly because it was a steal out the door at $40K. Currently, 48,000 miles later, Vroom says it will pay $35K for it.

FinitePrimus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Around the last financial crisis things really changed with interest rates and the auto industry. 0% down with 0% interest and 6-7 years of payments came out. It just made more sense to get into a brand new car vs. paying a much higher interest rate on used.

Now it's a balance but to be honest, I'm growing older and as such getting more financially stable. It's just easier for me to accept a quick depreciation meaning:

1. I get exactly the car I want, with the options I want, in the color I want
2. Brand new car, brand new warranty, no history - no need to worry about what the previous owner did/didn't do to the car
3. Ease of transaction. I make a phone call, submit a credit app, and quickly am signing paperwork and picking up my plated vehicle. No need for safety inspections, emissions inspections, insurance inspections, DMV visits, bank drafts, etc.
4. It's brand new - I can treat it exactly how I want right from the first 100 miles.

That being said, I've blown a lot of money in my younger years on used vehicles. Buying cars that blew up months after I got them or the previous owner didn't tell me it had been in an accident etc.

With all new cars, I'm prepared to lose 10-15% right off the top as a convenience fee. I usually don't sell those cars though for 8-10 years.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Around the last financial crisis things really changed with interest rates and the auto industry. 0% down with 0% interest and 6-7 years of payments came out. It just made more sense to get into a brand new car vs. paying a much higher interest rate on used.

Now it's a balance but to be honest, I'm growing older and as such getting more financially stable. It's just easier for me to accept a quick depreciation meaning:

1. I get exactly the car I want, with the options I want, in the color I want
2. Brand new car, brand new warranty, no history - no need to worry about what the previous owner did/didn't do to the car
3. Ease of transaction. I make a phone call, submit a credit app, and quickly am signing paperwork and picking up my plated vehicle. No need for safety inspections, emissions inspections, insurance inspections, DMV visits, bank drafts, etc.
4. It's brand new - I can treat it exactly how I want right from the first 100 miles.

That being said, I've blown a lot of money in my younger years on used vehicles. Buying cars that blew up months after I got them or the previous owner didn't tell me it had been in an accident etc.

With all new cars, I'm prepared to lose 10-15% right off the top as a convenience fee. I usually don't sell those cars though for 8-10 years.
I am the same way. but I try to find leftovers, offsets the premium
Sponsored