Sponsored

What made you order or buy a new Mustang?

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Short and simple. For those that ordered or bought a new Mustang (or any vehicle), what compelled you to buy new instead of used?

I am youngish and was told to buy used to save money. I spent a lot less on a three year old with 36k miles.
I'm going to take you up on your question specifically with respect to "any vehicle".

I'm kind of old now, but even when I was much younger - circa 1971 - I was already starting to buy new (exclusively). Before that, school and just getting started kept me in used cars, the best of the bunch being the one my folks handed down to me.

Mostly I buy new so that I can get the car equipped as close to the way I want it equipped. Not the way somebody else preferred. That has frequently involved NOT getting certain features or options.

These days, most anything used is going to be an SUV and/or automatic, either of which is still a deal-breaker all by itself no matter how good the vehicle might be otherwise. A "problem" with its own solution. So far, at least.

For my Mustang specifically, I was looking for a V8-powered car . . . with good handling potential above all else.

Norm
Sponsored

LDHunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 GT Premium California Special 10sp
Would be very interested to know what exactly was wrong with the 2020 blue mustang that it was not drivable?. Sounds like you dodged a bullet there.
The power steering wouldn't work and after fiddling with it for over an hour they gave up in frustration. It had supposedly been checked out fully and test driven before he got there but obviously it either hadn't or they assumed we'd take it anyway since it's under warranty. No way.... We decided we didn't want to open that can of worms.