Sponsored

What is the deal with Showstopper Red interiors?

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Nearly every dealer in my area that I find with GT 401A, mag ride, active exh, and PP ALL have the red interior no matter what the exterior color is.

It feels like Ford is really trying to push it. I'm a little mixed on if it looks right with a dark grey exterior.
Sponsored

OP
OP
UAmach1

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I can understand it on a black car, MAYBE a Red one, but that would be to much red IMO, but some colors feel like they just don't go well.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
They should have done red accents on the seats instead of making the entire seat red. It is definitely overstated, but I guess people who get colorful interiors like the overstatement.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Whomever orders the cars determines what gets ordered. Are you just looking at one dealership?

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I would get the Showstopper Recaros' in a heartbeat if I was ordering a '18

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Nearly every dealer in my area that I find with GT 401A, mag ride, active exh, and PP ALL have the red interior no matter what the exterior color is.

When I first ordered my 2018 in Oxford White with the 401A package I originally ordered the Show Stopper Red Interior. When I could not find a clear picture of the interior except with Recaros I changed my mind. I thought it was too much in your face. So now I'm going with the Midnight Blue interior with Grabber Blue accent stitching. I feel it's a better choice.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
As a Redline owner, I'd do it again. Some of us like to blend in on the outside but hang loose inside. :D

Looks like Showstopper is a brighter shade of red though.

OP
OP
UAmach1

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Whomever orders the cars determines what gets ordered. Are you just looking at one dealership?
No there are a few around me like that. Maybe lots of people just had poor taste.

I KIND of get the appeal of Magnetic Grey and Red, but it feels like a Dodge color combo.

OP
OP
UAmach1

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI

When I first ordered my 2018 in Oxford White with the 401A package I originally ordered the Show Stopper Red Interior. When I could not find a clear picture of the interior except with Recaros I changed my mind. I thought it was too much in your face. So now I'm going with the Midnight Blue interior with Grabber Blue accent stitching. I feel it's a better choice.
That sounds like a great color combo, I'm looking forward to seeing photos of it when it arrives.

I'm looking at Shadow Black with blue interior, or Race Red with black interior.

Sponsored

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
It's new and all the dealers are ordering it. It has nothing to do with Ford it has to do with the dealers. They put the orders in themselves..

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
Red has become very popular.

But does it cost more as an option? If yes, that's the main reason dealers would order it. They usually option the hell out of new cars.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
I ordered a 2018 Magnetic with Showstopper Red interior, so obviously I disagree with you. :D Only the seat surfaces and a small part of the door trim is red - the dash, floors, console etc are all still black, so I don't think it's over the top.

OP
OP
UAmach1

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Red has become very popular.

But does it cost more as an option? If yes, that's the main reason dealers would order it. They usually option the hell out of new cars.
On a 401a trim black, red and blue all cost the same.
Sponsored