Sponsored

What is a good ngauge replacement for Lund tunes?

exxit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 RaceRed GT 10r80
I plan to tune with Lund but don’t want to get married to a dead platform as far as the device goes.

I like being able to watch temps and knock, do the sct devices work for this?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Sponsored

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Lund doesn't touch SCT devices anymore so if you want to stick with Lund, don't bother looking at SCT.

I hope someone else comes out with something similar to the ngauge, it was too good a concept to let die forever.

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
HP tuners. Get an MPVI3 from them (not an RTD from a tuner), and you can get the software for free from HPT on their site. Then use any windows laptop and the MPVI3 and you can log shitloads of PIDs with it. You can still use the MPVI3 to flash tunes. And if your tuner wont send you the files, they will just use the TDN app with your iphone or android phone. You can still log the car with the phone app or laptop either one. This is the platform to be on now. NO WAY I'd invest a penny into SCT anything.

https://www.hptuners.com/mpvi3/

You'll also need to buy 4 universal credits from HPT for your car with the 10R80. Thats about $200 extra. But then going forward you can buy tunes from any tuner that uses HP Tuners and not be paying for anything else but their tunes. Which on average are about $200-$300 for a remote tune. Trust me the MPVI3 is the way to go at this point.

Fusion Training Systems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
Why don’t you recommend SCT for flashing tunes or data logging?
Thanks
[
QUOTE="ZXMustang, post: 3805476, member: 54496"]
HP tuners. Get an MPVI3 from them (not an RTD from a tuner), and you can get the software for free from HPT on their site. Then use any windows laptop and the MPVI3 and you can log shitloads of PIDs with it. You can still use the MPVI3 to flash tunes. And if your tuner wont send you the files, they will just use the TDN app with your iphone or android phone. You can still log the car with the phone app or laptop either one. This is the platform to be on now. NO WAY I'd invest a penny into SCT anything.

https://www.hptuners.com/mpvi3/

You'll also need to buy 4 universal credits from HPT for your car with the 10R80. Thats about $200 extra. But then going forward you can buy tunes from any tuner that uses HP Tuners and not be paying for anything else but their tunes. Which on average are about $200-$300 for a remote tune. Trust me the MPVI3 is the way to go at this point.
[/QUOTE]

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

Sponsored

JakeLethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
I plan to tune with Lund but don’t want to get married to a dead platform as far as the device goes.

Hey there! I wish there was a real alternative to the Nguage, but sadly it was a one of kind with that touch screen interface.

That said, most tuners are using HP Tuners software and their RTD or MPVI3 device. We have plenty available here at Lethal Performance! Feel free to reach out and I'll be more than happy to assist!

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

your other option of courses to go with a better Tuner at half the money like the juggernaut that we offer

We have the Sct device is on sale. You don’t need any credit for it. And the tune is nearly half the price.

They also treat you with a great amount of respect, and they’re not condescending at all like some other Tuner’s

https://www.beefcakeracing.com/juggernaut-1521mustang/

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
your other option of courses to go with a better Tuner at half the money like the juggernaut that we offer

We have the Sct device is on sale. You don’t need any credit for it. And the tune is nearly half the price.

They also treat you with a great amount of respect, and they’re not condescending at all like some other Tuner’s

https://www.beefcakeracing.com/juggernaut-1521mustang/
Agreed. Respecting your customers is key. Not being a total Bitch like Lund is.

Sponsored

Logan@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
What's the difference between RTD and MPVI3?
RTD is locked down, you can't even view the datalogs from it. A closed system intended for big tuners to use.

MPVI is open (kinda), tunes can be locked individually, but you can make your own tunes, and view datalogs.

The major difference is price, RTD is cheap. Better for people who have no interest in tinkering and just want to flash a tune and go.

to the OP: You can try a product like this: P3 gauge its not an Ngauge by any means but it does allow you to monitor data like the Ngauge. I hope one day we'll get a similar product that allows us to flash without a laptop.

OP
OP

exxit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 RaceRed GT 10r80
Agreed. Respecting your customers is key. Not being a total Bitch like Lund is.
I’ve mentioned before but I haven’t ran in to any issues working with them on multiple cars… the two closest shops to me swear by their name as far as tunes go. They’ve also answered all types of questions as far as drag racing goes and were respectfully honest about not knowing much about road course tuning. I worked with Alex Flores on both my 5.0s and my gt500, not a single issue getting revision, tune log reviews, and ticket answers.

Very interesting to see Lund… pretty much THE staple tuner in the ford (specifically mustang) community get dragged by a former distributor and guessing their client. I understand there are incidents tied to this, and I’ve heard whispers of arrogance but most tuners seem to have short patience once they get that size. Sometimes it’s the tune, and it sounds like in one case it was, most of the time it’s the shop/person behind the tuner. YMMV

My near max effort stock blower e85 gt500 still lives a happy life after 2 years of serious abuse. A buddy of mine lost his on what I believe was a vmp tune, another lost theirs on a PBD tune, I saw multiple PBD cars sound like dying animals trying to cold start on a fuel system with e85, whereas the same Lund tuned setups fired right up. A shop I don’t care to name called the cold start issue “pbd’s signature”

I’m not married or particularly loyal to them, but tuning a car for WOT is monkey level tuning any person with HP suite and time can figure out. Tuning a car to drive right all together is where the magic is… or so I’m told. I’ve never had drivability issues on a Lund tune, especially when I followed their advice to a T instead of trying to reinvent the wheel.

At this point my tuning choice is going to fall on which tuner will work with me to tune the throttle to allow the car to behave at the road course, more than make me feel like I’m getting throw back into my seat with a toe force tap of the pedal. That may not be Lund as they’ve mentioned to me explicitly that they’re not road course folks whatsoever.
Sponsored