Sponsored

What I dislike about the 2015 so far

Johnster

Threads
Reaction score
I think they made a big improvement on this, but I'm scared that the huge center tunnel between the seats is going to be covered in a not so nice material. I wish Ford had given us another nice piece of real aluminum like on the beautiful dash...

Great pic, thanks for that.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'm really starting to fall in love with the car as a whole. However, there are a few things I'm disappointed about.

1) The continued use of hard plastics in the interior. I don't need a Jag interior but at least all the plastics should be soft touch. The cost at the volume these cars are produced would be negligible.

4) Halogen headlights lights on base Mustang. Ford just went LED and HID across the board on the 13-14. Again it's one of those things that at volume isn't going to break the bank and gives the Mustang a distinct visual presence at night.

1 - Has anyone actually been able to sit in an S550 yet? The only bit that's looked potentially like hard plastic was on the centre console around the cupholders etc. However, I guess until we can touch and feel for ourselves, I'll remain hopeful that it's be all good :)

4 - Agreed. Halogen lamps have no place on an all new car. It should have been HID standard with LED an option.

Otherwise, with the right stance and the right colour, it looks fantastic!

Sponsored

J. Dub

I heart newbz
Threads
Reaction score
No direct injection on coyote!
Search DI engines and you'll find MOUNTAINS of threads of those of us with DI's bitching about carbon build-up and the effects of this carbon build-up.
I own an car with DI... It sucks during the summer when coming to a stop.
The car acts like it's stalling.

Atomic

Threads
Reaction score
I think all 4 items are good points. My take on them:

1. To me, the only part of the interior that looks like it might be significantly cheap looking is the piece covering the transmission hump, as someone else said. However, as originally said, how much would it cost to upgrade the interior to Audi-spec material? If you asked people if they would be OK with a $400 (and most likely less) increase in the base price of their car to have Audi-levels of interior surfaces, I think you would be hard pressed to find many people that would say no, except on the very lowest end of the price scale (Nissan Versa, Kia...).

2. I thought that was a bit ridiculous too. First thing I thought was, "as opposed to air speed?"

3. I agree all black would be better. It would make a nice option to have it body color for those that want it. I'm always for more choices instead of less.

4. This touches on points from 1 & 3-- as long as HID is at least available I'm OK with it. Having a choice is good too, though there is much to be said for making a signature statement with the lights on at night. If every Mustang had the same LED-accented lights, they would stand out at night. Look at Audi's-- like 'em or hate 'em, those LED headlights stand out in a crowd at night. How much would really be added to the bottom line to make them standard?

This is my biggest concern, however:

5. The back end. I don't have a problem with the trunk or the bumper, but what's in between. I can't quite put my finger on what it is I don't like but it seems like it lacks refinement or finesse in the design. It's like the rear end from a very early design sketch that's never been improved upon since. When I saw all the official pictures, I quite liked it, until I got to that rear end. The taillights themselves I like. The three-dimensionality of them is great (the taillights on my car are one of my favorite things about it, especially their three-dimensionality). Those taillights will really stand out at night. However, something about that back end doesn't quite gel with me. It's like they designed the car from front to back and ran out of time/effort/money by the time they got to the rear. I understand they are trying to take cues from the original 'Stang, but their modern take on a mid-60's theme seems to have missed the mark.

Sponsored

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
I've gotta disagree about th Body Color Difuser. I personally Love It! It isn't "Ricer" at all. It's actually very Exotic and European. I think the designers at Ford pulled it off even better than Aston Martin. Which I have to say, I honestly believe was their benchmark for design and detailing on the exterior of the 2015.

6]

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
I like the two tone rear diffuser. Not sure how the solid black one would look, but I think I'd like that too.

What I absoltely hate is the body color diffuser. There was a video, I believe it was the one where you could hear the exhaust system on the 5.0, floating around of a red mustang with the entire rear diffuser painted to match the body color. I hope that's just an option, because I want some black to match the black side splitters and chin spoiler. That solid body color rear diffuser looks something nasty.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like the two tone rear diffuser. Not sure how the solid black one would look, but I think I'd like that too.

What I absoltely hate is the body color diffuser. There was a video, I believe it was the one where you could hear the exhaust system on the 5.0, floating around of a red mustang with the entire rear diffuser painted to match the body color. I hope that's just an option, because I want some black to match the black side splitters and chin spoiler. That solid body color rear diffuser looks something nasty.
I agree completely! The two tone, Black & Body Color diffuser looks best in my opinion. All black I think would look cheap and too plastickey, like the much unloved "Diaper" on the 10-12's and the All Body Color looks Cheap too, like its missing something. I think Ford Nailed thisDesign!

trolls56

Threads
Reaction score
I've gotta disagree about th Body Color Difuser. I personally Love It! It isn't "Ricer" at all. It's actually very Exotic and European. I think the designers at Ford pulled it off even better than Aston Martin. Which I have to say, I honestly believe was their benchmark for design and detailing on the exterior of the 2015.

6]
I want this color of blue. Color choices is one of my biggest complaints. The darker shades I like but will have to wait and see in person. Big fail on Fords part if you ask me having only one shade of blue but muliti colors of Red and Grey.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I want this color of blue. Color choices is one of my biggest complaints. The darker shades I like but will have to wait and see in person. Big fail on Fords part if you ask me having only one shade of blue but muliti colors of Red and Grey.
I will have to agree with you on that. Windveil Blue would Look Amazing on this car, as would Grabber Blue or Clearwater Aqua. I'm actually quite surprised they didn't bring back Gotta Have It Green, and a nice Pearl White Metalic would be nice too.
Sponsored