• Total voters

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
I have the power pack 2 on mine and it runs like trash on anything but 94
That's cause the PP2 tune is trash for a variety of reasons. That whole PP1, PP2, PP3 stuff netted Ford a lot of negative vibes. Way oversold as to how useful it was. Absolutely zero increase in performance on a road course and severe driveability issues.
Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
That's cause the PP2 tune is trash for a variety of reasons. That whole PP1, PP2, PP3 stuff netted Ford a lot of negative vibes. Way oversold as to how useful it was. Absolutely zero increase in performance on a road course and severe driveability issues.
Interesting. I’ve never had it or used it. But, I’ve read about lots of satisfied customers using the different tunes. I’ve read documented articles with back to back dynos as well and have seen the differences they make. You are supposed to run the higher octane for them. My only guess is people put the tunes on then try to run 87 octane and run into detonation or don’t feel any difference likely because timing is being pulled.

As I said, no idea as I have no personal experience, just a bunch of articles etc...

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Can't say I agree. Very happy with mine.

Reaper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP
Still haven't tried Esso 93, filled up with Ultra94 last night though. Usually switch from Ultra94 to Shell91. My car only has catback and Roush CAI though without a tune.

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
It's the no lift shift thing, if you track your car it causes all kinds of issues, chiefly stuttering on shifts. If you try that no lift shift on a road course be careful, you're going to get more wheelspin on shifts than you ever thought possible. Even 4-5 at well over 100 mph you'll find yourself with a ton of wheelspin and a rear end hanging out. That was with warmed up 100TW track tires and a stock engine on a dry sunny warm day. Just comes in way too hard and breaks the tires loose. You can't turn the no lift shift thing off. It might be fine on a dragstrip where you have guaranteed decent grip, but on a road course that's never a given. I run a mix of 94 octane with either octane booster or race gas so it has nothing to do with that. Car is much more driveable on track without that tune. My best lap was done with the stock tune and I haven't been able to get within a second of it with this tune, definitely no performance gain with this thing.

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
It's the no lift shift thing, if you track your car it causes all kinds of issues, chiefly stuttering on shifts. If you try that no lift shift on a road course be careful, you're going to get more wheelspin on shifts than you ever thought possible. Even 4-5 at well over 100 mph you'll find yourself with a ton of wheelspin and a rear end hanging out. That was with warmed up 100TW track tires and a stock engine on a dry sunny warm day. Just comes in way too hard and breaks the tires loose. You can't turn the no lift shift thing off. It might be fine on a dragstrip where you have guaranteed decent grip, but on a road course that's never a given. I run a mix of 94 octane with either octane booster or race gas so it has nothing to do with that. Car is much more driveable on track without that tune. My best lap was done with the stock tune and I haven't been able to get within a second of it with this tune, definitely no performance gain with this thing.
I haven't really had any issues so far on a road course (one a handful of lapping days so far). I did get some minor stutter on the front straight but that happened maybe 2 or 3 times over the course of the entire day. It also wasn't as bad as some videos I've seen.
I don't think my muscle memory would let me NLS lol I've seen some videos of it used on a road course but that's not for me.

The stock tune was too lazy for me. Maybe premium cars the track mode helps but I have a base pp1.

Edit: it's worth mentioning I'm not a super quick shifter either. Not slow but I can't rip the drag racer shifts some guys can.
Sponsored