What does this mean?

danno1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
After just getting this car this pops up when I start it. I did set it to my network connection in the house while in the garage.

20210329_164506.jpg
Sponsored

SoulHunter91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Twister Orange
It means you are in update process. Need to finish the update before you can fully use sync3

OP
OP
danno1

danno1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
It means you are in update process. Need to finish the update before you can fully use sync3
I thought I input my home network password. I ll look at it again

BadHabit2Break

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
Looks like an issue with the WiFi connection on the radio. Look at the icon in the top right of the picture with the exclamation mark on the WiFi icon.

OP
OP
danno1

danno1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Looks like an issue with the WiFi connection on the radio. Look at the icon in the top right of the picture with the exclamation mark on the WiFi icon.
Oh yeah. I will have to look again. After I give it the password for the home WiFi, it then says connected. But then this comes on when I turn the ignition on again.

Sponsored

BadHabit2Break

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
Oh yeah. I will have to look again. After I give it the password for the home WiFi, it then says connected. But then this comes on when I turn the ignition on again.
Have you tried using the USB method rather than WiFi? You will have to sit there a while to get it done over WiFi.

OP
OP
danno1

danno1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Folks haven't looked into this yet. Comes up every time I start up the car. I tried using my wireless network from home while in the garage to connect. Seems it does at the time but pops up again getting in car somewhere else

OF5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP
Folks haven't looked into this yet. Comes up every time I start up the car. I tried using my wireless network from home while in the garage to connect. Seems it does at the time but pops up again getting in car somewhere else
Update Sync via USB flash drive. The update got rid of that annoying screen which was a bug in the software.

OP
OP
danno1

danno1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Update Sync via USB flash drive. The update got rid of that annoying screen which was a bug in the software.
Sorry but a little "behind the times" on the flash drive. Just plug in a blank flash drive?

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Sorry but a little "behind the times" on the flash drive. Just plug in a blank flash drive?
Here ya go, follow the instructions in the first post for the USB method:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/official-ford-sync3-3-4-release.145436/

Also, from what I’ve read and seen posted on here, the S550 has to be either running or hooked up to a charger during the entire update process. I’m not sure if that still holds true as it’s been a while since I’ve been in those threads, but maybe someone else can confirm for sure.

OF5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP
No. Go to the Ford website, log in, and download the Sync update. Follow the directions on the site to transfer the files to the USB flash drive. Then, insert the USB drive into the USB port in your car to start the update.

OP
OP
danno1

danno1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
No. Go to the Ford website, log in, and download the Sync update. Follow the directions on the site to transfer the files to the USB flash drive. Then, insert the USB drive into the USB port in your car to start the update.
OK Gotcha!

SoulHunter91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Twister Orange
When you are done with usb update, just turn off automatic update via wifi. So you won’t have this issue in future. If you leave it on and go to free wifi area, it will scan, download then install (if there is an update). Then you may corrupt the process when you drive off.

OP
OP
danno1

danno1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Great Thanks!
Sponsored