Sponsored

What do you feel is the best sounding X pipe??

Pilafiction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
can you post a video? Sounds like what I am after.
I will try to post this weekend... there are Borla videos on-line with only the Borla X-pipe switchfire installed. Rest of exhaust is stock. Only difference is mine is a '15 and the video was for a '18... I think
Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I got the Borla Switchfire as well. They pair well with the OEM mufflers. However, there is more rasp at higher rpms than I would generally like. No drone at all, but a tad more rasp. I will get some FRPP Sport or Xtreme ABs and see how it goes.

TLW1022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K3464
I went with the MagnaFlow Resonated X Pipe when I did cat delete
No rasp, no drone, mild increase in volume with stock active exhaust

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT RTR series 1 PP2
I went with Borla switchfire x-pipe resonator delete with OEM mufflers. Love it!

1TUFF_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JESSE
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP. 2001 Mustang GT Cam’d & Vortech’d
Are you running the xforce x pipe or a different one? Im looking to get the varex axle back as my neighbors are not to fond of my xpipe and roush sound. Ive yet to come across a video of the axle back with a x pipe and stock headers.
I have XForce headers and non Varex mufflers. 3” stainless, sounds awesome.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Are you running the xforce x pipe or a different one? Im looking to get the varex axle back as my neighbors are not to fond of my xpipe and roush sound. Ive yet to come across a video of the axle back with a x pipe and stock headers.
Varex axle back is amazing. I had it installed a few months ago with a magnaflow resonated x-pipe and it sounds very deep and aggressive. Ability to close muffler valves takes it back to stock sound. Actually swapping the x pipe for a resonator delete h-pipe soon for some more bite. If you order the varex, check with the seller/website if the updated muffler clamps come with it as the pre-updated clamps have a bolt on the underside that is quite the eyesore.

Last edited:

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
I love my Ford Performance x-pipe paired with the active exhaust.

A bit of advice to those new to this and considering this mod: regardless of which pipe you go with, get some better clamps. They all come with crappy single wall clamps that aren't up to the task. Buried in some thread I found out about these heavy duty double walled clamps. They are an absolute must.

When I first installed my x-pipe I felt it was too loud, harsh, with a lot of metallic kinda tinny raspiness. It was too aggressive. Visually there was no leaks that I could tell but either way no amount of tightening the clamps made any difference.

I swapped the clamps to those Squirelly units and you wouldn't believe the difference. It took the edge off and sounds absolutely glorious now. As an added bonus the mufflers also stay put instead of rotating/sagging after some use.

Sponsored

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Title says it all....

What do you feel is the best sounding X pipe?
https://www.lethalperformance.com/l...018-mustang-5-0l-resonator-delete-x-pipe.html

https://www.lethalperformance.com/l...018-mustang-5-0l-resonator-delete-h-pipe.html

https://www.lethalperformance.com/c...-hh-pipe-2015-2020-5-0l-mustang-gt-14502.html

These are our biggest sellers. Superior quality and priced great. Nothing else competes with these. Send me a message and we can get you taken care of! www.lethalperformance.com

VisceralSyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Ford Peformance M-5220-M8: Boss 302 styled X pipe with side exit exhaust!
M-5220-M8.jpg
Sponsored