2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Took a short video of the side without the stripes on her...

apologies, the video does not want to upload, sorry guys. i tried 4 times.
Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Took a short video of the side without the stripes on her...

apologies, the video does not want to upload, sorry guys. i tried 4 times.
Try putting your vid on youtube and then providing a link here. Has worked for me.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Try putting your vid on youtube and then providing a link here. Has worked for me.
Yes, that's what I normally do, thanks. Was hoping to just go from phone to here, but that doesn't seem to work.

Reactions: PKs

mike3105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 (pre-FL) manual GT
I picked my car up from GT101 yesterday, and it finally feels complete. It feels like the whole car is now in balance. The power, chassis/suspension and noise all feel perfectly matched. All it took was a Stage 2 Whipple! šŸ˜„

IMG_7324.jpeg
IMG_7325.jpeg
IMG_7326.jpeg

I'm a bit of a tart so got new badges to match too.

Not just the Whipple fitted, also had the OPG and CS done (gotta enjoy that new 7600 redline!) and the Fosters sound mod (stage 4) to get the whine in the cabin.

Just a couple of weeks until I can enjoy full throttle at Goodwood on a track day. With this weather and public roads I'm not getting my foot all the way to the floor!

EDIT: Also did the tri-bars a couple of weeks ago. Thanks @V8_MOTOR for the tutorial!

IMG_7186.jpeg
IMG_7192.jpeg
IMG_7201.jpeg

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I picked my car up from GT101 yesterday, and it finally feels complete. It feels like the whole car is now in balance. The power, chassis/suspension and noise all feel perfectly matched. All it took was a Stage 2 Whipple! šŸ˜„

IMG_7324.jpeg
IMG_7325.jpeg
IMG_7326.jpeg

I'm a bit of a tart so got new badges to match too.

Not just the Whipple fitted, also had the OPG and CS done (gotta enjoy that new 7600 redline!) and the Fosters sound mod (stage 4) to get the whine in the cabin.

Just a couple of weeks until I can enjoy full throttle at Goodwood on a track day. With this weather and public roads I'm not getting my foot all the way to the floor!

EDIT: Also did the tri-bars a couple of weeks ago. Thanks @V8_MOTOR for the tutorial!

IMG_7186.jpeg
IMG_7192.jpeg
IMG_7201.jpeg
Very nice ! :sunglasses:

What power does that produce and do you have a full list of chassis / supporting mods you could share ?

Cheers,

WD :like:

Sponsored

mike3105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 (pre-FL) manual GT
Very nice ! :sunglasses:

What power does that produce and do you have a full list of chassis / supporting mods you could share ?

Cheers,

Power wise itā€™ll be 625-675 at the wheels most likely. Which is apparently 800+ according to some others when they want to impress some strangers on the internet! šŸ˜…

Mods I had before this:
Oil cooler
Pedders coilovers
Eibach anti roll bars
Steeda stop the hop kit
EBC Blue stuff discs and pads with upgraded fluid
RTR tech 5s with wider rubber (285 and 305) and PS4S
OPG and CS done at the same time

Exhaust wise I have an h-pipe and Cobra Sport axle backs, not supporting but help with noise (supercharger has made the exhaust louder under load and it has a super aggressive overrun to protect the cats).

RoryS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
18 plate pre-FL Ruby Red GT
Got back from my camping trip the other day. 672 miles, 22mpg and the car's absolutely filthy but I'd 100% recommend itšŸ‘ the blast over the top of Exmoor on the A39 is rather fun too...

20230803_204539.jpg

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Got back from my camping trip the other day. 672 miles, 22mpg and the car's absolutely filthy but I'd 100% recommend itšŸ‘ the blast over the top of Exmoor on the A39 is rather fun too...

20230803_204539.jpg
nice shot of the sun setting? Glad you got your camping trip in though with the recent forecasts brave man tenting haha. Good job

RoryS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
18 plate pre-FL Ruby Red GT
nice shot of the sun setting? Glad you got your camping trip in though with the recent forecasts brave man tenting haha. Good job
Thanks, that was on the last night just before I went to bed, the only dry night I had! The tent was faultless to be fair for a pop-up one, never woke up wet or anything even if it had been chucking it down, but the car was flawless. No issues whatsoever from that side of things but it does need a good clean inside and out

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
aye camping does mess up the inside of your car as you pull the dirt / grass in with your shoes. I had one of those pop up things, did my head in fighting to get it folded so bought a tent with folding poles all built in. Not so good in storm winds!

Sponsored

mike3105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 (pre-FL) manual GT
Not today but Saturday. 2 weeks post-supercharging and Piston 1 decided it didnā€™t like it on the second lap of a track day.

Engine dumped a load of oil (and a GT4 RS ignoring flags went off on it - according to the marshals) and had a little fire when it caught on the headers.

Engine out and now being inspected for block damage. Gen 2 coyotes I think have forged pistons from the factory, and apparently this isnā€™t a thing on pre-facelift Whipple cars.

Once itā€™s fixed (hopefully no block damage and just upgraded pistons needed) I then need to work out whatā€™s going to give me confidence back in it. Wondering if running the standard Whipple tune is the issue.

Totally fallen out of love with the car after thinking it was a forever car just a week ago.
IMG_7439.jpeg

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not today but Saturday. 2 weeks post-supercharging and Piston 1 decided it didnā€™t like it on the second lap of a track day.

Engine dumped a load of oil (and a GT4 RS ignoring flags went off on it - according to the marshals) and had a little fire when it caught on the headers.

Engine out and now being inspected for block damage. Gen 2 coyotes I think have forged pistons from the factory, and apparently this isnā€™t a thing on pre-facelift Whipple cars.

Once itā€™s fixed (hopefully no block damage and just upgraded pistons needed) I then need to work out whatā€™s going to give me confidence back in it. Wondering if running the standard Whipple tune is the issue.

Totally fallen out of love with the car after thinking it was a forever car just a week ago.
IMG_7439.jpeg
Damn ... :frown:

Who mapped it / set it up for you ? (I appreciate it if you don't want to share that info until you know fully what's going on / what's failed etc) :like:

mike3105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 (pre-FL) manual GT
Damn ... :frown:

Who mapped it / set it up for you ? (I appreciate it if you don't want to share that info until you know fully what's going on / what's failed etc) :like:

I donā€™t want to put their name down, just because itā€™s likely a Ford/Whipple thing and not the garage so donā€™t want their name against the issues, especially as theyā€™re being amazing (as theyā€™ve always been) in helping sort it.

The tune is the one Whipple give you. So itā€™s not custom tuned, just on what I thought was the safest and most conservative tune. I think getting a custom tune and asking for safety and not power might be the best thing.

If there is block damage I think I might just fix it and get rid. Thatā€™ll properly spoil the ownership. Just pistons I think Iā€™ll keep it but itā€™ll take some time to fall back in love with it.

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to hear that Mike :(
Iā€™ve lost all confidence in them, they just arenā€™t a quality product, Iā€™ve been considering going back to German, C63, mineā€™s been broken for 7 weeks +, corrosion, electrics, general poor build quality, Iā€™ve just about had enough, can only imagine how you feel :(
My Ford van is a pile of crap too, Fix or repair daily sums it up
Sponsored