Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
not today but last week got an XForce Varex exhaust fitted, sounds nice outside but er not so different in the cabin

121973012_268565757789507_7758679767868489544_n.jpg

so today er ghetto sound tube stop. I hang my head in shame. Will need to test this when the wind dies down and stops blowing cats and dogs down the street! Thanks to WD Pro for dimension info

soundtube.jpg

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
Finished with the concrete slab structure and placed the lift in the carport. Wil make life a lot easier in the future.

20201020_121756.jpg

20201020_114243.jpg

20201018_154649.jpg
Loving your set up! I need to get my drive done, it'll be big enough for 4 cars when it is finally started but no where for a ramp or car port unfortunately

Benno2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT - TripleYellow \ Black stripes
520106[/ATTACH]
Maybe you need to get an h-pipe made up? I was used to Roush’s with an h-pipe before I got my x-force so HAD to replace that centre box :giggle:. Now it’s nice and relatively civilised with flaps shut and rather fruity with them open (in the car too). GT101 got the h-pipe fabricated for mine and are currently getting a double-h-pipe made up:like: for me.

Benno

Hammer Time

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Auto
Maybe you need to get an h-pipe made up? I was used to Roush’s with an h-pipe before I got my x-force so HAD to replace that centre box :giggle:. Now it’s nice and relatively civilised with flaps shut and rather fruity with them open (in the car too). GT101 got the h-pipe fabricated for mine and are currently getting a double-h-pipe made up:like: for me.

Benno
Why a double H pipe ?

Sponsored

Benno2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Why a double H pipe ?
Run out of things to do to it so just thought I’d see if there’s much of a difference between single or double. Also fancy trying out the round silencers instead of the oval ones at some point.

Benno

Hammer Time

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Auto
Run out of things to do to it so just thought I’d see if there’s much of a difference between single or double. Also fancy trying out the round silencers instead of the oval ones at some point.

Benno
I wondered if if was a different sound I’ve seen double x pipes too

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017

Benno
it is the Xforce cat back so it's replaced the stock unit - did you then remove the XForce box and replace with just an H pipe?

Sponsored

Benno2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
i might have to go this way, damn the Xforce is boringly quiet even on loud mode. Dammit, poor choice on my part but thank you for the info and pic :like:
@Benno2000 - do you have any sound clips inside / outside with the vales open / closed ?
The Xforce does what I really wanted which is the valve function and now allows me to go louder but manage the cold-starts better.

My feeling is that that centre resonator probably comes into it’s own once the Xforce headers are added.

I’ve no clips to hand but will try and get some this week. (Although the interior one may be polluted by the Cervinis hood as being fibre-glass, it makes the induction roar of the GT350 cold air box very noticeable).

Benno.

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
How have you found the CF driveshaft, this is on my to do list ?
I put some quick miles on it and I believe the one piece driveshaft has been as much of a step change in the automatic driving experience as the Kenne Bell tune which completely woke up the gearbox.

I think carbon fibre is unnecessary. Aluminum will be just fine.

Gear changes are almost seamless. It's easily a top five modification for me. I'm working on the video for this.

Bad point. Diff noise is very noticeable. Particularly now that I have installed the halfshafts.

Lots of video material and tips etc all coming soon. Hint: none of it is as easy as the retailers make it out to be. So I'll be sharing all the mistakes and errors so yall don't have to make those.

Loving your set up! I need to get my drive done, it'll be big enough for 4 cars when it is finally started but no where for a ramp or car port unfortunately
Haha thanks. Its been a long road building it and to get it looking like this but so worth it. The lift makes working on the cars a joy. I'm actually considering a 1968 restoration project now but... Let's see.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
The Xforce does what I really wanted which is the valve function and now allows me to go louder but manage the cold-starts better.

My feeling is that that centre resonator probably comes into it’s own once the Xforce headers are added.

I’ve no clips to hand but will try and get some this week. (Although the interior one may be polluted by the Cervinis hood as being fibre-glass, it makes the induction roar of the GT350 cold air box very noticeable).

Benno.
yeah I got it for that quiet start and own neighbourhood driving function - it's great for that as no louder than stock, even a little bit quieter but I was expecting more volume and tone in the open mode. Oops.
Sponsored