Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Not meaning to be insulting, but ... are you the owner?

At first I thought that photo was a photoshop joke, or from somewhere else (perhaps the business car of an Elvis impersonator in the US), but can't find it via google reverse image search, so did Bullitt66 actually take that photo in England?

It's one of those "after seeing it, you can't unsee it" images.

Think the wheel from automotive authority is the only "plug and play" wheel that's for sale ( https://nemesisuk.com/products/automotive-authority-ppstk-musgt15-kit).
No offense taken. :)

I have the AA space saver wheel & jack, you refer to. The wheel well in the rear floor of my car seems to have been dimensioned for the Ford 18 inch spare. Hence the larger diameter 19 inch AA wheel doesn't drop all the way down into the depression in the floor panel.

I keep meaning to fab a longer tie-down spindle, but that's not a high priority at the mo.
:like:
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV

I have the AA space saver wheel & jack, you refer to. The wheel well in the rear floor of my car seems to have been dimensioned for the Ford 18 inch spare. Hence the larger diameter 19 inch AA wheel doesn't drop all the way down into the depression in the floor panel.

I keep meaning to fab a longer tie-down spindle, but that's not a high priority at the mo.
My AA kit came with a spindle extension. Having said that I didn't need to use it but you do need a bit of vaseline to help slip the tyre in a bit lower - have fun !

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride

Like Gregs24 said, there's supposed to be a spindle extension with the AA wheel.

I had to let out a bit of air to fit the wheel in my 2020. Maybe down to PSI 28 or so? Then I added back a bit of air after the wheel was in place. Enough to make the wheel fit tight, but not enough (I hope) to start expanding the wheel well and damaging it.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
He’s actually very clever, he’s now managed to get the 50/50 weight distribution spot on ... :cwl:
He probably should have thought about the weight before and not after buying a convertible lol

Dannyh1991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost

The AA sell spares? I know a couple of patrols but Iv never heard of this, and from what I understand their multifit spare that they carry so they can follow you to a tyre garage also doesn't fit.

If you have a link would you mind sharing it so I don't have to fear getting a flat tyre lol.

Sponsored

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT

Dannyh1991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Got stripes done and wing mirrors wrapped, thanks to V8_Motor for help on IG with the colour. :thumbsup:

20201020_141532.jpg

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Finished with the concrete slab structure and placed the lift in the carport. Wil make life a lot easier in the future.

20201020_121756.jpg

20201020_114243.jpg

20201018_154649.jpg

Sponsored

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed my CF driveshaft.

20201025_110947.jpg

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Installed my CF driveshaft.
I'd be interested to know the brand/source & whether there's any noticeable increase of NVH, from going with your one piece, CF, prop.

Also, did you weigh the new & the old?

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd be interested to know the brand/source & whether there's any noticeable increase of NVH, from going with your one piece, CF, prop.

Also, did you weigh the new & the old?
I didn't measure the difference in weight as I just wanted the thing to go on haha. I believe the CF shafts including adaptor weight around the 26lbs mark and the stock ones are around 33lbs.

I bought mine slightly used from a guy in the US. Also purchased all new hardware here in the UK.

The diff whine between 45 to 55mph when crusing is very noticeable as it travels through the hollow shaft. Also when reversing.

Apart from that. Everything else is smooth so far. Some people have said that they increase vibrations but I think that's because they don't take care to tighten the bolts up in a star patter because it is a PITA to do that.

Video will be up on my channel soon.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
43EDB19A-929F-4387-A106-820D3D1473D9.jpeg

Fitted new stripes today