Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
mine is the ford perf one, on that line right there on the bottom, the sensor clips into that hose, both the stock hose and that ford perf both have that sensor. so I figure it would be working, but evidently doesnt detect "enough" flow. which could be because, maybe the can is a lot more volume thus takes longer to fill up or pressurize, and throwing off the numbers its expecting.
IMG_1696.JPG
Gotcha. I completely agree with your theory about the pressure/volume. Makes you wonder, this came from Ford and apparently they should have tested things, and if issues are coming up in the wild, looks like perhaps they didn't test this unit enough.
Sponsored

groove93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Brown
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Still getting compliments on the car, whether it be at work, in a Grocery Store parking lot, or at a drive thru. The only thing I really hate is the fact that the car is still "swirled" up from when I purchased it. They don't notice it, just the shiny paint red paint. I performed a 2-stage compound/polish by hand which left my entire body aching for a good number of days.

My Rupes Duetto Polisher and a few pads came in the mail a few weeks ago. I ordered some additional pads, Course and Finishing pads. Between Microfiber Towels, and Polishing pads, these things add up pretty quick.

My Camaro was easy to maintain. I was the only driver, and very minimal issues with the paint. So there was no need to get out the big toys for it.

This is a summer project that I'm looking forward to.

IMG_20210404_173709.jpg

polisher.jpg

MVIMG_20190411_194217.jpg

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Gotcha. I completely agree with your theory about the pressure/volume. Makes you wonder, this came from Ford and apparently they should have tested things, and if issues are coming up in the wild, looks like perhaps they didn't test this unit enough.
exactly. on the ford perf website, it literally says recommended to be used for the high perf, and tuned ecoboost. but I only paid 145 off someone, not a big loss, I just dont know if it when that code is tripped, if the engines power management is affected or if it just drives on like normal. dont want my car to think somethings broken and gimp mode.

but if its just a dummy light, (hidden off dash) I won't care so much.

it says integrated PCV sensor inline, (the sensor code thingy) I would say maybe mines broken, but several, and I mean several people had same issue with any/and same catch cans from ford perf.

but for kicks and giggles, im going to go and unclip the pcv sensor, and relcipe it back in, to ensure its fully seated properly.

id be ticked if I paid MSRP lol
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6766-A23S
Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 2.19.04 PM.png

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
It felt like instant regret and complete stupidity. I saw from a distance the broken up pavement but dismissed it as a chuckhole against all better judgement, then when I realized I was in for a ride I slammed on the brakes but it was far too late. Honestly the actual feeling wasn't too terrible. Aside from the right front tire blowing, you couldn't even tell something had happened. But upon closer inspection at home I was like, mannnn, there's a lot more than meets the eye here. The bumper clips were broken, even though the bumper looked fine. The wheels probably won't balance again. The strut seals burst, so I knew they were gone. The bearings sounded fine, but they were not. So I gave it to shop because I didn't want to chase these invisible issues one at a time for a year.
You might have been better off not to hit the brakes since that transferred the weight to the front. I've tried to teach my family to not be on the brakes for speed bumps and potholes (before is okay but release before the front wheels release the bump/hole!)

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2

Sponsored

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Yeah, if people are having issues, then we know for sure something is off with this unit. "Highly-Engineered system", hmmm lol.

Same.
I haven't had any issues with mine (2021 Mach 1) but I haven't checked the codes yet. If I find a code when I get around to checking it (no compelling reason to do so at this time), I'll update my post on this.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't had any issues with mine (2021 Mach 1) but I haven't checked the codes yet. If I find a code when I get around to checking it (no compelling reason to do so at this time), I'll update my post on this.
this is an ecoboost specific catch can, im glad yours isn't throwing a code.
on that catch can you use, does it have a plug sensor? mine does,

my other side (dirty side) there is no sensor / clip or anything, and it never throws a code. but this new one, we all get the same code on the passenger side, P04db-00 but ford perf, has the clip, lemme go get a photo. its supposed to prevent the code as I quoted above.

here's some photos I just took.
IMG_1746.JPG
IMG_1748.JPG
IMG_1749.JPG
IMG_1750.JPG

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Yeah as FreePenguin stated, this is specifically a problem with the ecoboost passenger side catchcan.

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
You might have been better off not to hit the brakes since that transferred the weight to the front. I've tried to teach my family to not be on the brakes for speed bumps and potholes (before is okay but release before the front wheels release the bump/hole!)
No doubt, I thought about that too.

Sponsored

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
I re upholstered them myself.
When you state this you mean you removed the stock covers and put the Katzkins on, vs actually doing all that diamond quilting yourself, correct?

How hard was it? I have the Roush black/red inserts made by Katzkin and hesitent to do myself. One place wants $800 for just LABOR to remove/replace. I already have the covers!!!

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Yikes, you got technical on that one :) I guess he should have written the fresh air is drawn from the box/space that the battery box sits in. :)
LoL ... just sayin' in case some people think they are getting battery venting vapors mixed in with the fresh air intake to the cabin ... which isn't happening because the battery sits in it's own separate sealed off battery box. Sometimes getting technical makes a difference. 😄 😉

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
True ... I'd double check all the connections again just to make sure they are all tight.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
this is an ecoboost specific catch can, im glad yours isn't throwing a code.
on that catch can you use, does it have a plug sensor? mine does,
Apparently, the ecoboost setup senses any positive pressure in that PCV fresh air line when heavily in boost. Might also be that the electrical connector closes off a valve in that fresh air line to prevent any boost back pressure in the crankcase from piston blow-by from flowing into the intake tube. The same fresh air line setup is not on the non-boosted engines (Coyote & Voodoo).
Sponsored

Last edited: