Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Received this message from Ford Pass today "Your vehicle is in Deep Sleep mode and connectivity is temporarily unavailble". I got this message after being away for 17 days. I have it on a battery maintainer but guess the time not started is what causes it to automatically go into Deep Sleep, and not a drop in battery voltage. Oh well, I'll be home tomorrow and will try to let her out of the stable. I did buy her a few presents while away, so that should take care of the lonesomeness.
Battery will be full cause of the charger. My car sent the same deep sleep. Did not have a charger wired, pink tail to battery.

Got that in place, plugged it in. Charger showed battery with a 30% charge. Couple of hours later 100%

Deep sleep does not mean the battery will stay charged, it will still go flat just not as fast.

Using a computer as the example, it sleeps, display off, hard drive spins down. Still consumes power, tap the key board, alive and well.

So the Mustang in deep sleep (sleep) turns off some functions, Fordpass, but still listens for the keyfob to come in range.

To wake the car I think just turning on the ignition, without startiing it. Letting the car post, once done then start it.

And yes as you say not starting for 17 days I agree was the reason for the deep sleep.
Sponsored

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
I went to work, on Christmas Day, proud of myself self on my recent mods. I got off at 3am, and started driving home. I was stopped at a red light.... not a soul in sight. I look in my rear view and and see headlights flying up on me, with no time to do anything.
Brother I'm glad you're ok, but you should delete your posts in this thread until everything is settled through your insurance company.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Installed some RokBlokz. While getting ready to install some IRS braces I found a nail in one of the tires, so I got that patched instead.
3DBDA73B-1952-4B39-BA57-D6EA79BB8681.jpeg
40CBDF2E-2DA0-4C8C-915D-B40D5607BAB0.jpeg

Sponsored

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
I'm not sure I would advertise using Pzero Nero's in polite company. Totally deflates the cred balloon that was nicely pumped up by the Rokblox.
Not really following what you're saying here.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
I bought this car mid October. Those are the stock wheels and tires. It's winter. I have zero interest in putting proper tires on the car until at least April.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Friends don't let friends drive on Pzero Neros.
LOL. I see what you're getting at. See my last post.

I plan on replacing the wheels with something wider; and much better tires. But that's not going to happen until the weather allows it. I'm happy enough with what I've got for now.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
the forum no longer has 'pokes with stick' emoji. Or I can't find it.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
LOL.

I've never been a fan of the black out package my car came with. Nevermind the the stock tires. But given the time of year, wheels and tires need to come later. Right now I'm putting together a full suspension rebuild. Shocks/struts, springs, mounts, bump steer kit, F/R control arms, all the IRS stuff..all those things.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Everything I'm doing is to prep it for what i'lll be doing later. Chassis + suspension first. Wheels/tires when the weather allows. Power mods will be later; deeper into the into the warranty period.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
I'm not sure I would advertise using Pzero Nero's in polite company. Totally deflates the cred balloon that was nicely pumped up by the Rokblox.
Man, you recommend these rock guards over what you have, in person. My stock tires suck? Of course they don't compared to any "real" tire.
Sponsored