Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Thank you!

Sponsored

Ronin5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTP Stage 1
Let's us know what you think. I love the stuff, hope you do too.
Going to go 40 degrees today and 50's this week! I'm going to get the beast out here in a minute then go after her and the DD with 303 and see how it does. Thanks in advance.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Out with Borla in with Corsa . Naighbors going to love me now .
20190224_085840.jpg

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
This weekend I replaced the emblems with the matte black set from UPR and also removed the sound tube.

Friday night I started on it. I figured I’d be done in half hour max. Haha - silly me. The videos online always make it seem easier than it is. Or maybe I just have shit luck when it comes to things like this.

The 5.0 badges were indeed easy. I used my heat gun and they peeled right off. Wiped it down with turtle wax goo gone and slapped the new ones on there.

The decklid...I used my little plastic pry tool and got the chrome one off. It snapped in half and the G flew about 40 feet. Impressive. However the little posts stayed in the decklid holes. So I got my punch tool and popped all but two out. The other two wouldn’t budge. Well F me. So I took the decklid off.

The clips are those same ones that they use for the map light housing and I hate them. They’ve got the gripping strength of a damn Tyrannosaurus rex. So I was sure I’d be snapping my decklid and having to buy a new one. Shocking that I didn’t break it and got it off in one piece.

I drilled the plastic stud pieces out and finally got the matte GT on. Reattached the decklid and I felt like I conquered the world.

The front was worse. My arms wouldn’t fit after taking the plastic shroud off and loosening the radiator. So I remove the strut tower, engine cover, air box (thanks @bjstang and @db252), oil separator (found metal shavings - fuck), and inlet tube from the TB. Finally enough space to push the radiator back and snap the posts off the Pony.

I had to drill out one of the mounting holes to fit the new emblem and then mounted it.

Since I had the other stuff off I yanked that stupid sound tube out. It came off the 10mm nut fine and then I used a master cylinder plug that someone in one of the sound tube delete threads mentioned.

Casualties? A few.

The little push clips that hold the battery cover down. I lost two of them. One into the black hole fenderwell and the other somewhere down in the engine bay.

And the skin on my arms from multiple attempts at fitting my arm into the bumper to change the emblem and also from popping that cover into the firewall.

I’ll post pics here in a bit. Love how it looks with the black badges now to go along with the dark tint and tinted lights.

Sponsored

1004ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 , 2017 Ford Edge Sport

Ronin5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTP Stage 1
I got mine from Amazon as well. Used it today on the Stang and the Honda. Both have black interior. Very impressed and I used it on doors, trim, dash etc. Have to see long term how it does but you don't need a ton and there is no after "slick" or crap like Armor-all. I think I'll make this my go-to for detailing. I did not try it on the engine bay yet but that's next.

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
I attached the "pull cord" from Amazon to close the trunk without having to smear the paint and leave prints. I've been using my forearm on the rear spoiler without leaving any smears but it is easier to pull it down now instead of grabbing the latch.

Also "installed" the plastic pieces that go in the door handle which creates a place to put my phone. I keep it in the door when I'm driving in the other cars. For a few bucks on Amazon both items "fixed" some minor gripes I had about the car.

I checked the AA spare tire and jack after a short drive to make sure the jack was still secured. So far so good. I have it mounted different than the instructions but it seems secure. I'll check it after a few more drives and if it isn't secure I plan on rotating it and mounting it per the instructions since a member here took a better photograph of how it's supposed to go.

Besides one short drive I haven't driven it in over a month. Not really sure why I got a "winter" set of wheels and tires. Probably could have just kept it parked on the MP4s's and just drive it easy on the cold weather days.

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
Put new plates on it and pulled it out of storage till I deploy next month
Sponsored