Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
Most important thing is that it will hold 4 beers

Finally starting to focus on cleaning/detailing the Stang on a regular basis. One issue for me has been kneeling/crouching down to detail the lower body parts (wheels, tires, lower plastics, exhaust tips, etc..) I have been researching detailing stools for a while and finally decided upon the Griot's Garage unit after watching Auto Fanatic's You Tube Video Review.
Unit is very sturdy, easy to assemble and comes with a comfortable cushioned seat. Now I can finally focus on cleaning the rims and grill without a lot of crawling around.

2.jpg
1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
LOL..yeah that was one of Auto Fanatic's only gripes with the stool is that the round holders do not really fit most spray bottles or detailing products, ... but will hold beer or soda

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I started pulling my whole exhaust system apart. I'm welding in some home made resonators just behind the crossover on the H-pipe and changing the routing a bit from there back for more efficient flow. I would have it done now, but I ran out of welding gas and could not find a fill station that was open over the weekend. FML. Oh, and my exhaust pipe expander (flair tool) broke... So, waiting on a new one to arrive.

Edit: Just picked up a new Q tank at the local gas exchange, and I should be ready to roll.

Last edited:

Sponsored

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Tucked her in a little early for the season. Sold my PP wheels so gotta wait until Spring. Before that got a final wash, gas fill and sta-bil. Today I did a detail spray before covering. The cover is the CoverKing satin stretch and is super soft, I love it. Have a few minor things to do before I can completely have her storage ready but 90% there.
20180917_130233.jpg

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Purchased an SCT x4 and will be going with an AED tune.

Anyone want to buy my Livernois MyCalibrator? Lol

bdm219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 401A, AE, B&O
Thank you, this is the best response I've seen. Now I understand why people change it, much appreciated!

So Ford added this spring for 2 reasons....One with the intent of making every shift feel the same but it is expecting you to do a full press. As most drivers get better at speed shifting, the length of your clutch push shortens up a bit. The biggest problem with the stock spring is that the clutch engagement changes depending on where the spring is. That blows! So most people started pulling the spring out and that made the clutch engage point stable and let you do very repeatable shifts. Sounds GREAT except that now with no back pressure on the master cylinder, the 2nd purpose of the spring, it was causing the master to start leaking.

Steeda in their infinite Mustang wisdom created a very light spring that keeps the pressure off the master cylinder when you are not using it but is weak enough to not move the engage point. Winner winner!

bdm219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 401A, AE, B&O
Wow, I live in CT and I'm hoping to make it to Thanksgiving if the weather cooperates. First talk of snow and away it goes. It's in the low 80's here today. Can't imagine putting it away already.

Tucked her in a little early for the season. Sold my PP wheels so gotta wait until Spring. Before that got a final wash, gas fill and sta-bil. Today I did a detail spray before covering. The cover is the CoverKing satin stretch and is super soft, I love it. Have a few minor things to do before I can completely have her storage ready but 90% there.
20180917_130233.jpg

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I need to look into getting something like this for my Dad as a Christmas gift. Nice piece of kit.

Sponsored

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, I live in CT and I'm hoping to make it to Thanksgiving if the weather cooperates. First talk of snow and away it goes. It's in the low 80's here today. Can't imagine putting it away already.
I wasn't planning this early either but will have to suffice for this season.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Scrapped the home made resonator idea... 3" dynomax mini race bullets are too cheap and easy.

20180917_181407.jpg

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Goosey23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I just ordered vertical links. You have any issues with the installation?
Nope, real easy. I did add another washer on the nut side but no issues. Very straight forward and make sure you torque everything to spec.
Sponsored