Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Premium PP GT
Clay bared my car

I've never used clay bars before it really makes a difference. i clay bared it , used swirl remover and then waxed it , all Mequires products . Sorry for the crapy cell pics.

IMG_1292_zps5jvgytg4.jpg
Sponsored

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Whippled 16 Mustang GT Premium PP
ordered switchbacks so im looking fresh for the show coming up June 2nd

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
I hope what i am seeing in the pic will clean off .
That is "installer error"...screwed up a little with the glue I used. But I have a way to remove it.

These guys do an incredible job and the Nappa leather is really high quality.

Dak2Zeke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 428
Picked up a Race Red black accent package, would racing stripes looks off with he black roof? I know it would look wicked without the roof but was wondering how people thought it would look with the black roof as well.

theredmeadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2020 Mustang GT PP PP1
I've never used clay bars before it really makes a difference. i clay bared it , used swirl remover and then waxed it , all Mequires products . Sorry for the crapy cell pics.
How long did all that take you? Looks great, even in the cell pics. :cheers:

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I've been using autoscrub lately. It works great, but you have to be careful. It has a tendency to mare the paint.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
How long did all that take you? Looks great, even in the cell pics. :cheers:
Not directed at me, but mine took me under 5 hours, which included one good wash, and a quicky wash between clay and seal. All by hand. Can't help but wonder if a DA polisher would have saved me much more time. I doubt it would, but I think it would be easier to get more uniform coverage.

Also, I used a technique where I applied sealer to a panel, then wiped down the previous panel, then sealed the next panel, then wiped the previous panel, etc. This was to let the sealer dry enough (like shining shoes), to get a good result. Was kinda tricky keeping up with the pattern, plus rotating the MF towel to a fresh side (out of 8 total sides from a dual-folded towel).

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Picked up a Race Red black accent package, would racing stripes looks off with the black roof? I know it would look wicked without the roof but was wondering how people thought it would look with the black roof as well.
I think you should choose one or the other. RR with black roof looks great, and with black accent package would look even greater.

So, skip the stripes, IMO. It will look too busy. The black roof will look like it was all part of the accent group. :thumbsup:

buzzcii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Buzz
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium Vert
Sound Tube Delete

Push...Pull...Swear...Yank...Sweat...Done!

Cockpit is much quieter and NO MORE SMELL.

Re-inserted that little foam piece under the fw cap.

SOrry for bad phone pics.

Blowfish Sound Tube Delete Kit, $12.99 @ AM

Buzz out.
20170517_122311s.jpg
20170517_122420s.jpg
20170517_122430s.jpg
20170517_122316s.jpg
20170517_122943.jpg
20170517_123338s.jpg

theredmeadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2020 Mustang GT PP PP1
Not directed at me, but mine took me under 5 hours, which included one good wash, and a quicky wash between clay and seal. All by hand. Can't help but wonder if a DA polisher would have saved me much more time. I doubt it would, but I think it would be easier to get more uniform coverage.

Also, I used a technique where I applied sealer to a panel, then wiped down the previous panel, then sealed the next panel, then wiped the previous panel, etc. This was to let the sealer dry enough (like shining shoes), to get a good result. Was kinda tricky keeping up with the pattern, plus rotating the MF towel to a fresh side (out of 8 total sides from a dual-folded towel).
Wow, I do like seeing my car clean but I don't know that I have that type of dedication. I get bored and tired if I'm still cleaning my car after 45 mins. Usually I just do a hand wash with the Adams products and then I'll do guard and gloss.

Sponsored

Tcstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium- Ordered

IMG_1292_zps5jvgytg4.jpg

Terrible color! Kidding car looks great.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Installed a UPR catch can on my two day old car!
2017-05-18_13-30-39.jpg

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Took some proper pictures... makes me realize how badly I need to lower it. Also, the PP wheels are insanely hard to keep clean. Ugh.
Yeah - they are difficult. I'm pretty sure the break pads are not helping any. Serious dust for me on my 15 GT/PP.
Sponsored