Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

rsmustangjr16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium Performance Pack
Had the car dyno'd today(Stock - 382/353) and had the red Steeda Diff Bushings installed.
Sponsored

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Took the mustang to Yosemite valley...10 hours of driving...enjoyed every minute of it especially state route 49...lots of twists and turns with no guardrails... :)
How did it like the altitude? I drove a Toyota hire car there a few years ago - I think the altitude at one spot was 10000 feet? Made the car quite sluggish.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Did your clay bar leave what looks like candle wax marks on the car ? Mine did but its the first time I have done the car and wondered if thats common with clay bars.
It can but only if used wrong. You need to keep the surface lubricated AND use less pressure, probably a LOT less pressure than you used. Don't push the clay onto the car, just let it glide over the surface.

Sponsored

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium
How did it like the altitude? I drove a Toyota hire car there a few years ago - I think the altitude at one spot was 10000 feet? Made the car quite sluggish.
I live at 4600 ft. and drive over a pass to Lake Tahoe which is about 9000 ft. You don't really notice much difference since the cars 435HP is much more than your Toyota had. You would not get your best 0-60 times at altitude, but for regular driving it's not that noticeable.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I have the same jack stands. These fit them perfectly and can avoid scratching up your rails and stuff. :)

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B005Z2XA8M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks! I'll have to order those. At that price, why not?

Had the car dyno'd today(Stock - 382/353) and had the red Steeda Diff Bushings installed.
[MENTION=20181]rsmustangjr16[/MENTION] How are you liking the bushings? Do you feel much difference? I have them sitting in my pile of parts waiting to be installed.

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
[ame]
I still can't figure out what this noise is and I've checked and torqued everything to spec since I installed my lowering springs almost a month ago.

rsmustangjr16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=20181]rsmustangjr16[/MENTION] How are you liking the bushings? Do you feel much difference? I have them sitting in my pile of parts waiting to be installed.[/QUOTE]

To me it was a very noticeable difference. The diff doesn't move as much and I no longer have the thud when shifting. Coupled with the Steeda IRS braces, the rear end is much more in place with less movement than before.

One of the best mods I have made to date.

rsmustangjr16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I still can't figure out what this noise is and I've checked and torqued everything to spec since I installed my lowering springs almost a month ago.
Yeah something isn't right. Is the sound coming from the front or rear?

Sponsored

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
Thanks! I'll have to order those. At that price, why not?

[MENTION=20181]rsmustangjr16[/MENTION] How are you liking the bushings? Do you feel much difference? I have them sitting in my pile of parts waiting to be installed.

I didn't notice much of a difference with the red bushings. Wish I had stuck the blacks in there the first time. When I do my cradle lockouts here in a couple weeks. I'm going to swap the blacks in.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X

That sounds pretty bad. I'd take that to a shop if I couldn't figure it out. Not sure id drive on it much like that!

To me it was a very noticeable difference. The diff doesn't move as much and I no longer have the thud when shifting. Coupled with the Steeda IRS braces, the rear end is much more in place with less movement than before.

One of the best mods I have made to date.
Awesome, thanks for the reply. Can't wait to get mine in. :D

I didn't notice much of a difference with the red bushings. Wish I had stuck the blacks in there the first time. When I do my cradle lockouts here in a couple weeks. I'm going to swap the blacks in.
Thanks! Good to know. I think I planned on going with the black ones.

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
That sounds pretty bad. I'd take that to a shop if I couldn't figure it out. Not sure id drive on it much like that!
I don't have much a choice, it's my DD! It's from the passenger front, and I've gone after and over everything since I've installed my springs and I know for a fact it's not the springs. My strut tower brace is torqued well over spec, to the point where one of the thread, nuts broke off, my strut nuts and sway bar end links are torqued to spec, and yet it still persists. I've broken a stud/nut, top of a strut rod bolt, and all of my 3/8 -> 1/4" drive adapters trying to figure this out! :(

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Go over your installation again ...

Best to go step by step and eliminate things one thing at a time:
Check out CJPony Parts Install on your phone while your doing this:
[ame]

Hope it helps. ;)

:ford:

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
Best to go step by step and eliminate things one thing at a time:
Check out CJPony Parts Install on your phone while your doing this:

Hope it helps. ;)

:ford:
Sway bar is the only thing at this point that could make sense to me but how could it make a noise if it's torqued to spec and doesn't appear to be broken?
Sponsored