Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Had a scare in traffic this morning. I accelerated to get through a yellow light (it was either slam on the brakes or speed up. This is a 50mph road where the yellow is insanely short), and my mickey thompsons completely broke loose sending me sideways.

I know it was only 55 degrees, but god damn, I'm tired of these tires. Think I'm gonna save up for some super sports or something else that's not garbage.
Sponsored

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT

The ugly tank is gone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like you need to tighten the cap all the way. It should click and be straight on. The ridge on the Mishimoto tank that the cap "clicks" over is pretty steep. If you look to the right side of the neck on the tank you will see what I'm talking about. It was really tough, I thought maybe something was wrong with the threads at first.

Sponsored

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Looks like you need to tighten the cap all the way. It should click and be straight on. The ridge on the Mishimoto tank that the cap "clicks" over is pretty steep. If you look to the right side of the neck on the tank you will see what I'm talking about. It was really tough, I thought maybe something was wrong with the threads at first.
I had to file mine down just a bit to get it to go....cap should be squared up straight

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
I gave it some man strength and finally got mine over the hump. Now it tightens and loosens like butter. :headbang:

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I gave it some man strength and finally got mine over the hump. Now it tightens and loosens like butter. :headbang:
Ya, well I only have one arm right now thanks to shoulder surgery, so I used some man brain to solve the problem :)

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Ya, well I only have one arm right now thanks to shoulder surgery, so I used some man brain to solve the problem :)
Shoulder surgery sucks, had that 10 years ago. I guess you really did what we all strive for by working smarter not harder. :thumbsup:

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Shoulder surgery sucks, had that 10 years ago. I guess you really did what we all strive for by working smarter not harder. :thumbsup:
Yep, been off work for 6 months, saw the doctor this week and he said I might need another surgery, but he wants me to get an MRI on my neck and spine first...very annoying

Sponsored

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, been off work for 6 months, saw the doctor this week and he said I might need another surgery, but he wants me to get an MRI on my neck and spine first...very annoying
That sucks man, good luck to you. And I know it doesn't play well online but I was being facetious with you earlier. That cap was so much harder to get locked than Bill from CJPP made it out to be lol

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
I threw a towel over the cap and used some channel locks once I deemed the threads were good. Guess we all have are own way of doing things haha.

6T1TEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP

LEDs inside and out, with the exception of the rear side markers. I haven't convinced myself I need or want them.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
That sucks man, good luck to you. And I know it doesn't play well online but I was being facetious with you earlier. That cap was so much harder to get locked than Bill from CJPP made it out to be lol
Bill makes everything look easier.

But I wonder how much struggling on installs gets edited out of their videos.

LEDs inside and out, with the exception of the rear side markers. I haven't convinced myself I need or want them.
Funny enough, I literally just installed my led vanity lights like 5 minutes ago. I've had them sitting around for like 6 months (because I forgot about them, and I never use the vanity mirror), but they look half as bright as the originals. At least they're white instead of yellow.

D3adch1ld

Blabber Mouth
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcos
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premum w/ Performance Pack

Oh, you want them. In person they really look impressive... not over the top, a flare of after market with OE personality.
Sponsored