Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Finally got my initial Mods completed. Velgen VF-5 Wheels in Satin Black, along with Hurst Quarter Louvers and a 20% tint. What do you think?
Drivers Side Profile.jpg
Full Side Shot.jpg
Back End.jpg
That's looking great - the Hurst 1/4 louvers are a really nice touch and give the exterior even more of a retro look. Curious how do they look from the inside out?
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Had a fun day repairing little annoyances from the previous owner. Some of these were done a few weeks ago but I wanted to post in one go. My OCD really likes fixing little things like this. lol.

First, when I replaced the battery I had the nice surprise of finding the clips on the cover had been broken and just bodged back in with black mastic (no pic sorry). Seriously can't understand why, just replace them, they aren't expensive!

Battery_Clip2.jpg
Battery_Clip1.jpg

After those, I replaced one of the caps on the engine cover. Previous owner obviously too ham fisted and broke one of the two clips. Couldn't believe dealership had to "special order" the replacement cover from Germany. I think it cost me about £30 ($40).

Engine_Clip1.jpg
Engine_Clip2.jpg

After that, I fixed the broken vac line (I think it is a vac line) clip on the intake tube. I temporarily fixed it with superglue as again, couldn't find the replacements in the UK. Thankfully my friend who now lives in Tacoma was visiting and kindly brought me over a pack of replacements. Cost about $5 from Autozone or somewhere like that.

Vac_Clip1.jpg

Vac_Clip2.jpg
Vac_Clip3.jpg

Then replaced a missing wheel arch liner clip. Trying to get the right part number from the dealership was a nightmare. Took 3 attempts to order in the right clip - even after I supplied them the part number.

Wheel_Arch_Clip.jpg

And then I also had the little window triangle covers replaced (again "special order" from Germany) as the previous owner had the silver window trim wrapped black and had bent them instead of removing them and doing the job properly! They were about £35ea ($47) from Ford.

Window_Cover1.jpg
Window_Cover2.jpg
Window_Cover3.jpg
Window_Cover4.jpg
Window_Cover5.jpg

Woosah! And breathe. :)

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
@Nodster - I drilled, taped, bolted, nutted and thread locked some stainless button heads into those covers so I can get them out easily without risk of damaging them or the surrounding plastic :

1642948554206.jpeg

You just back them out until the nut hits the underside and then pull them up my hand.

They don’t look out of place when in position (well, better than having screwdriver marks in the plastic …) :

1642948699453.jpeg

WD :like:

ColdShotxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT A10 300A Base
I got the door panel inserts wrapped with black katzkin covers and yellow stitching. This was a pita, I'd have a pro do it if ever I'd need it done again.

20220115_151602.jpg

Sponsored

Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
@Nodster - I drilled, taped, bolted, nutted and thread locked some stainless button heads into those covers so I can get them out easily without risk of damaging them or the surrounding plastic :

1642948554206.jpeg

You just back them out until the nut hits the underside and then pull them up my hand.

They don’t look out of place when in position (well, better than having screwdriver marks in the plastic …) :

1642948699453.jpeg

WD :like:
Thanks! What a good idea. :D

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
In the 20s here this am but sunny and dry. Took it for a short run.
Nice!
I'm dying to take mine out as well, but the roads are covered in white. Salt/chemicals mix. We need a nice rain to wash it all away.

robsmack01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Had a fun day repairing little annoyances from the previous owner. Some of these were done a few weeks ago but I wanted to post in one go. My OCD really likes fixing little things like this. lol.

First, when I replaced the battery I had the nice surprise of finding the clips on the cover had been broken and just bodged back in with black mastic (no pic sorry). Seriously can't understand why, just replace them, they aren't expensive!

Battery_Clip2.jpg
Battery_Clip1.jpg

After those, I replaced one of the caps on the engine cover. Previous owner obviously too ham fisted and broke one of the two clips. Couldn't believe dealership had to "special order" the replacement cover from Germany. I think it cost me about £30 ($40).

Engine_Clip1.jpg
Engine_Clip2.jpg

After that, I fixed the broken vac line (I think it is a vac line) clip on the intake tube. I temporarily fixed it with superglue as again, couldn't find the replacements in the UK. Thankfully my friend who now lives in Tacoma was visiting and kindly brought me over a pack of replacements. Cost about $5 from Autozone or somewhere like that.

Vac_Clip1.jpg

Vac_Clip2.jpg
Vac_Clip3.jpg

Then replaced a missing wheel arch liner clip. Trying to get the right part number from the dealership was a nightmare. Took 3 attempts to order in the right clip - even after I supplied them the part number.

Wheel_Arch_Clip.jpg

And then I also had the little window triangle covers replaced (again "special order" from Germany) as the previous owner had the silver window trim wrapped black and had bent them instead of removing them and doing the job properly! They were about £35ea ($47) from Ford.

Window_Cover1.jpg
Window_Cover2.jpg
Window_Cover3.jpg
Window_Cover4.jpg
Window_Cover5.jpg

It sounded like you were narrating an episode of Wheeler Dealers 😂
Good job on finding those parts

Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

JnBama

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Washed and shined it yesterday , today installed spare from Automotive Authority . Jack too large to fit under spare so bundled it up with handle and breaker bar with socket. Fixed up a box with Power pack, fire extinguisher ,flashlight , chocks and tools .

20220123_103840_HDR  GT sunday.jpg

20220123_151255_HDR  spare.jpg

20220123_151346 jack.jpg

20220123_151938  E Box.jpg

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
If your battery dies, you will not be able to get in your trunk.
I suggest the power pack in the glove box.
Guess how.I know............

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Don't all Mustangs have fold down rear seats?

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1

JnBama

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the tip and yes it needs to be in the glovebox my chubby self would have a hard time crawling through the back

DansFLHTI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT

Battery_Clip2.jpg
Battery_Clip1.jpg

Engine_Clip1.jpg
Engine_Clip2.jpg

Vac_Clip1.jpg

Vac_Clip2.jpg
Vac_Clip3.jpg

Wheel_Arch_Clip.jpg

Window_Cover1.jpg
Window_Cover2.jpg
Window_Cover3.jpg
Window_Cover4.jpg
Window_Cover5.jpg

Is there a chance you would have the part #s for the pins/retainers that secure the battery cover?
Sponsored