Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
I like that too, I was gonna get a pink one but couldn't find the pink that I wanted and I don't know how to paint mine pink. I can't take it off anyway, I put too much loctite on when I replaced it.
Ouch... I did the same when I first put these on. Who knew blue loctite could be so resilient.

I managed to crack and clean mine again with... a lot of patience. And two strap wrenches. 😂
Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I like that too, I was gonna get a pink one but couldn't find the pink that I wanted and I don't know how to paint mine pink. I can't take it off anyway, I put too much loctite on when I replaced it.
White Madness would hook you up I'm sure but kind of moot if you can't get old one off lol.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
It's all good, I'm good with whitey. Maybe my next car I'll do a pink one.

Sponsored

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Y'alls ain't right 😂
Yet it was completely expected lol.
It did cross my mind last night that SOMEONE would go for it... lol.
With my little hands I would need a third hand to make it just right.

I wasn't really thinking about it when I typed it. Just the first thing that came to mind compared to mine. I mean big is big ... I still like his tho.
F5BDFB36-06C4-40BF-951F-0791D3D862A4.jpeg
"Big is big." Are you baiting us at this point? :crackup:

How did any of you expect anything different is beyond me. :D

I do get pretty quick with my responses, I just didn't expect to actually be the first one to have the golden phrase inserted, thought about 4 people will beat me to it... :)

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
"Big is big." Are you baiting us at this point? :crackup:

How did any of you expect anything different is beyond me. :D

I do get pretty quick with my responses, I just didn't expect to actually be the first one to have the golden phrase inserted, thought about 4 people will beat me to it... :)
It's all fun and games till someone gets poked in the eye...then it's point and laugh time!

Sponsored

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
But with the longer throw, do you lean more for R,1,3,and 5? I guess height makes up for it?
Just checked, and nah, not even close. Here's some pics. This is in 5th.

PXL_20210811_151612636.jpg
PXL_20210811_151559562.jpg

Definitely some spatial dilation going on, I swore it swung further and got closer, hah. What happens when you don't think about it too much, I suppose

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Just checked, and nah, not even close. Here's some pics. This is in 5th.

PXL_20210811_151612636.jpg
PXL_20210811_151559562.jpg

Definitely some spatial dilation going on, I swore it swung further and got closer, hah. What happens when you don't think about it too much, I suppose
Interesting to see for sure. Glad it works well for you. Reminds me of a manual transmission truck lol. I'm sure if someone used to a short throw drove yours it would feel like they cross state lines going from 1st to 2nd.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Interesting to see for sure. Glad it works well for you. Reminds me of a manual transmission truck lol. I'm sure if someone used to a short throw drove yours it would feel like they cross state lines going from 1st to 2nd.
Exactly what I thought. I'm from Europe, where vast majority of vehicles are still stick and this is what you commonly see in vans and larger vehicles.
I find the position of the shifter in the right height where the arm rest doesn't intrude, but I understand higher position might be more comfortable.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I was thinking the same thing! I could not drive a stick like that.

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
I was thinking the same thing! I could not drive a stick like that.
It's really not that bad! Of course I say that being well used to it, but...

It feels like about the same amount of work/throw. Now, when I drop a barton in to replace the MT-82 linkage, it might get a little long.

Exactly what I thought. I'm from Europe, where vast majority of vehicles are still stick and this is what you commonly see in vans and larger vehicles.
I find the position of the shifter in the right height where the arm rest doesn't intrude, but I understand higher position might be more comfortable.
It's definitely closer to that, I suppose. I tend to have this close to the steering wheel setup in mind when I think of a manual. Less distance to go between them.
Sponsored