Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Access 165 AS3's for front and 165 AC for rear. Just need to find a good sub and amp...probably go with the 25 A4 from Focal.
Tim,was it a straight forward install and are you planning to do the tweeters and dash centre speaker.
Sponsored

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Tim,was it a straight forward install and are you planning to do the tweeters and dash centre speaker.
I have the 9-speaker system, so I replaced the door speakers (2 each), the tweeters in the pillars, and the rear speakers. I did not mess with the center speaker....yet! Very easy install for all of them, although maneuvering around the back seat of the car was a PITA.

Tim

Reactions: PKs

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Steel wool and metal polish on some of the shiny bits. If the weather holds off, I'll wash it later today.

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Access 165 AS3's for front and 165 AC for rear. Just need to find a good sub and amp...probably go with the 25 A4 from Focal.
I could probably just Google it but does the 9 speaker setup have a separate factory amp? What is the rms amp rating?

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Finally got a chance for a couple of 0-60 runs, first ones since Steeda subframe braces on the IRS. Wheel hop was definitely less than before.

Sponsored

EvilleGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Got my factory spoiler off and tape peeled up, then drilled and bolted in my Steeda functional race wing. Just need to get it painted now.
IMG_7168.JPG

IMG_7172.JPG

IMG_7176.JPG

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Replaced all speakers with Focal’s....major difference!
Where do you notice the difference?

I've refused to listen to music in the car so far. To my ears the factory Premium setup has a fair to poor dynamic range and is a hole in the lower range.

I'm not sure why in 2018 they are pushing speaker count and not a good sound stage.

It's not too bad at clarity for vocals and talk such as podcasts.

Reactions: GTP

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Finally got a chance for a couple of 0-60 runs, first ones since Steeda subframe braces on the IRS. Wheel hop was definitely less than before.
Thinking about getting those too. All the reviews claim overall better handling but I'm not sure if that is just placebo.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Installed a Blowfish sound tube delete kit. I was shocked at how quiet the cabin has become. With the intake and exhaust mods I have, it sounds much nicer without the tube.

Install was a breeze, not sure what the troubles are that most seem to have. Start to finished took literally less than 5 minutes..

I did go with the pull and twist method of removal, but the firewall plug popped in easily on the first try!
That twist off method is super easy. My only complication was the 2018 engine cover + strut tower brace.

I have a Steeda brace which has 4 bolts with 2 different thread types that complicate things slightly.

Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I could probably just Google it but does the 9 speaker setup have a separate factory amp? What is the rms amp rating?
Yes...there is a factory amp. I do not know the RMS rating.

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Where do you notice the difference?

I've refused to listen to music in the car so far. To my ears the factory Premium setup has a fair to poor dynamic range and is a hole in the lower range.

I'm not sure why in 2018 they are pushing speaker count and not a good sound stage.

It's not too bad at clarity for vocals and talk such as podcasts.
The stock system seemed stale to me. I like the increased highs.

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
Arches National Park Visit

I am in Utah visiting a close friend of mine (he sold me the car). So today, I went down to Arches National Park and got these (and a whole lot of non-mustang related) photos.

This car loves being back in Utah...seem to have a little more spring in her step (maybe that is the MPT tune and the non-dergent gasoline).

Enjoy everyone and have a happy Independence day.

Oh...just realized you all get to see my new upper and lower front grills I installed and my custom black and yellow license plate :D
IMG_2332.jpg
IMG_2338.jpg
IMG_2358.jpg
IMG_2398.jpg
Sponsored