Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Waiting on mine to come in now too, just got the other covers that I ordered at the same time so it shouldn't be long.

I'm having a slight issue getting them to stick on both sides though, it only firmly clicks on one side then pops off the other after a second.
Two sided tape will help that.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
now u gotta match it up with some jam handles

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Two sided tape will help that.
I'm not sure if it will without me firmly holding it there for longer than I want to. The point was a nice quick mod for $3.50 so I don't quite feel like doing VHB tape until I do some other project that requires me to buy some.

srf52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Waiting on mine to come in now too, just got the other covers that I ordered at the same time so it shouldn't be long.

I'm having a slight issue getting them to stick on both sides though, it only firmly clicks on one side then pops off the other after a second.
...Mine did the same, so I used a hair dryer to slightly warm/soften the plastic and applied while still pliable. As they cooled, they seemed to tighten and haven't popped off in three months. Worked for me; YMMV.

Sponsored

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT

I ordered mine at the same time, yet the hinge covers came in 3 weeks later. The latch covers, as in your picture, also went on fairly easily and mine haven't popped or otherwise come off yet. But, it did take a few tries on one side to fully click into place.

Edit: Looking at your pictures, mine fit differently. Mine has no gap and fully cover the latch at the top. In other words, the only silver you see is the latch itself, but not the base at all. If it weren't cold and dark, I'd go take a picture of it.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered mine at the same time, yet the hinge covers came in 3 weeks later. The latch covers, as in your picture, also went on fairly easily and mine haven't popped or otherwise come off yet. But, it did take a few tries on one side to fully click into place.

Edit: Looking at your pictures, mine fit differently. Mine has no gap and fully cover the latch at the top. In other words, the only silver you see is the latch itself, but not the base at all. If it weren't cold and dark, I'd go take a picture of it.
Picture is of the "popped" state so it isn't sitting flush like it should be. I may look in to grabbing a heat gun at some point just because there seem to be a lot of small things I could use it for and makes more sense than a hair dryer for me!

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Whippled 16 Mustang GT Premium PP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

S550ilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Got those door striker covers ordered from China and also ordered some pry tools to take off my door panels and other various interior pieces when I upgrade the interior.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Picture is of the "popped" state so it isn't sitting flush like it should be. I may look in to grabbing a heat gun at some point just because there seem to be a lot of small things I could use it for and makes more sense than a hair dryer for me!
It was a warm day in Dallas when I popped mine on a few weeks back, so that's probably why mine "stuck" pretty well.

And, I purchased a heat gun at Harbor Freight tools a few months back for really cheap using one of their infamous "coupons." I had a project I was going to do, which I never did. But, as for cheap as it was it was worth getting just to keep around; Even if the quality isn't great for my meager needs it was fine.

jordystang69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Lightning Blue
Got a A119v2 dash cam waiting to install. My mirror tap cable got delayed in transit.
Sponsored