Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Installed the Ford Racing catback and Diode Dynamics turn signal/parking lights + backup light LEDs.

Tomorrow and the weekend calls for a 70% chance of rain, so I probably wont get any time to install my springs and swaybars. :(
Sponsored

2wheels4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GTPP, Much-Modded Fiat 500 Sport, 911 Carrera S
Installed the Ford Racing catback and Diode Dynamics turn signal/parking lights + backup light LEDs.

Tomorrow and the weekend calls for a 70% chance of rain, so I probably wont get any time to install my springs and swaybars. :(
Do tell about the catback... sound inside and out, butt dyno...

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Do tell about the catback... sound inside and out, butt dyno...
These are all subjective and opinions will vary, but I'll give it a shot with limited exposure.

Sound: it sounds really good. I wish the car came with this system. The tone is good both inside and out, deeper than stock and no drone so far. I'm surprised some people think its too loud and want the touring version to be honest. My C7 in sport or Track mode where the variable exhaust is opened is quite a bit louder from my judgment. All of the talk on the forum about the loudness had me worried since I leave for work at about 3am. After having it installed I don't have any more concerns about it being too loud.

For power: I really don't feel anything. I am not surprised though since in my time of modifying cars since 1986 I've never felt a catback alone give any noticeable gains. Even on cars I've heavily modified the results on the dyno from a catback on an otherwise stock-ish car was minimal.

I know others will disagree and want to believe the 30hp on a stock car claims, and that's fine.... But when more people dyno back to back without other changes (including a wheel change) there will be some deflated hopes. I always consider catback systems to be a cosmetic mod for the ears.

So far, I like it a lot, but I need more days of exposure at more cruising RPM ranges.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
These are all subjective and opinions will vary, but I'll give it a shot with limited exposure.

Sound: it sounds really good. I wish the car came with this system. The tone is good both inside and out, deeper than stock and no drone so far. I'm surprised some people think its too loud and want the touring version to be honest. My C7 in sport or Track mode where the variable exhaust is opened is quite a bit louder from my judgment. All of the talk on the forum about the loudness had me worried since I leave for work at about 3am. After having it installed I don't have any more concerns about it being too loud.

For power: I really don't feel anything. I am not surprised though since in my time of modifying cars since 1986 I've never felt a catback alone give any noticeable gains. Even on cars I've heavily modified the results on the dyno from a catback on an otherwise stock-ish car was minimal.

I know others will disagree and want to believe the 30hp on a stock car claims, and that's fine.... But when more people dyno back to back without other changes (including a wheel change) there will be some deflated hopes. I always consider catback systems to be a cosmetic mod for the ears.

So far, I like it a lot, but I need more days of exposure at more cruising RPM ranges.
Zackmd1 dropped 0.5 seconds off his 0-60 with a custom axle back, and everything else stock on his V6. That's an average power gain of about 30 hp. He's repeated that result 3 consecutive times as well.

Sponsored

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
I got new shoes put on Frankie. Some Hankook Ventus S1 Noble 2s. Only drove them home, about 4 miles. Too early to tell how they compare, but it's nice to get the Summer tires off the car so I can worry less about whether I'm damaging them or not.

They get good reviews, and I like the Hankooks on my truck, so I'm pretty sure they'll work just fine.

IndustryLeech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2012 V6 'vert, '70 VW Bug, '01 Disco 2
I signed on the dotted line and picked her up this evening. It was dark when I got out of the dealership so no good pics yet. This photo was the one my salesman sent me.

Last edited:

Mizzle51

Green Machine
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Prem PP1 Black
First wash. Looks nice and shiny again. Its the rainy season so it won't last too long :/

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Eibach Pro springs went on Wednesday. Quite pleased; just wish the front dropped a little further.

Sponsored

Proudgeek

OCD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Three Stangs
Bra yesterday!

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Guess I need to catch up. Here's what I've done over the past 3 weeks of ownership:

Diode Dynamics map, interior mirrors, and trunk bulbs.
Big Worm Graphics complete exterior lense tint kit -- "tint" shade.
Windows professionally tinted -- 30% all around.
Sto n Sho front license plate bracket.
WeatherTech black license plate frames front and back.

Tomorrow, I'm swapping out the chrome lug nuts on the PP wheels with black Gorilla locking lugs.

Waiting on Ford Racing (Borla) touring cat backs, and Bama tune, to come in so I can get both installed.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Ordered SW catback w/H-pipe to go along with the ProCharger. :)

D3adch1ld

Blabber Mouth
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcos
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premum w/ Performance Pack
12/4 - Took delivery of the ride
12/7 - Install DD Side markers, turn signals and reverse lights
12/8 - Repaired the side marker bulbs for better fitment (lol).
12/9 - Ordered tires for winter
12/11- Installed JLT catch can and Redline Elite hood shocks
12/12 - Installed DD map and trunk lights. Ordered pinch brackets to lift the car.
12/13 - Install Sto n Sho license plate bracket
12/16 - New tires are being installed
12/17 - Install Whiteline trans mount insert
12/Ă—Ă— - Install JLT CAI and Tune

Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond