Sponsored

What did you do to your Mach 1 today

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
Raining 3 days straight now in Houston. Felt the car needed some excercise after the freeze the week prior so I finally got to drive it in wet mode. I gave it some beans a couple of times and it cut power dramatically when it was losing traction. On a side note, it felt good thinking that I was “washing” away any salt from the highway treatment.
Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Soooo, for shits and giggles I talked to a used car dealership near me that has a 22 Blue Premium Mach 1 Manual with 4500 miles on it that they say is completely stock traded in by older gentleman that taken great care of. Only reason I'm considering is because I really want to a manual again, just miss it.
But, I've had my car from new, pre-pandemic, babied and completely maintained by me plus I have over $5k worth of stuff done. Problem free with 22k miles.
I gave them VIN and pics plus a list of all the mods and they said $41k-$44k range once they see it... Am I crazy to consider it? Should I just be happy with what I got?
Here's the link- https://www.glenviewluxuryimports.com/inventory/display/used/2022/Ford/Mustang/1FA6P8R00N5552699/
My car in the pic

IMG_3946_jpg.JPG

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Soooo, for shits and giggles I talked to a used car dealership near me that has a 22 Blue Premium Mach 1 Manual with 4500 miles on it that they say is completely stock traded in by older gentleman that taken great care of. Only reason I'm considering is because I really want to a manual again, just miss it.
But, I've had my car from new, pre-pandemic, babied and completely maintained by me plus I have over $5k worth of stuff done.
I gave them VIN and pics plus a list of all the mods and they said $41k-$44k range once they see it... Am I crazy to consider it? Should I just be happy with what I got?
Here's the link- https://www.glenviewluxuryimports.com/inventory/display/used/2022/Ford/Mustang/1FA6P8R00N5552699/
My car in the pic

IMG_3946_jpg.JPG
All I’ll say is Grabber Blue is the best color 😉.

If you’re really considering it, pull your Steeda stuff off the car plus anything else that you’d want to bring over to the other one. If you really want a manual, I’d make that trade but that’s just me. And I really love Grabber Blue so there’s that. You lose 10hp but it’s super easy to get it back plus some by removing the carbon trap in the intake.

Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
But, I've had my car from new, pre-pandemic, babied and completely maintained by me plus I have over $5k worth of stuff done. Problem free with 22k miles.
My car in the pic

IMG_3946_jpg.JPG
I agree with @MAGS1 , remove everything off of yours so you can add it to the GB one. If it was me, I would swap wheels. Good luck with your decision!!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I would have long since put a plastic bag over my face if I had an A10.... :) So, from that perspective yes to M6.
Also anything to get a proper color car is a move in the right direction.

The 44k offer is pretty close to fair assuming your Sticker was 60k. I would stipulate that you at least keep your current wheels! Mods provide little if any positive value, and more often detract.

Are any of the mods trivially removable? ie. unbolt and they fall off.

I would try to talk them up to 46-47 trade-in if they were not going to move off the 52. Otherwise 50-51 vs 44-46.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I agree with @MAGS1 , remove everything off of yours so you can add it to the GB one. If it was me, I would swap wheels. Good luck with your decision!!
Good point on the wheels, I’d ask to swap those also. I like the split-Y spokes better

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I have The RTR Tech 7's on with All-seasons for the winter so I would need to change back to my summer stock setup.
The $2k Girodisc rotors would be a lot of work to remove, shitty job on stands.
Steeda h-pipe stays and sub frame support braces could be removed.
$1200 ppf, tints, Sub and amp, tune would be losses.

And then there's all the money and Labor I would need to Mod this one.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
I have The RTR Tech 7's on with All-seasons for the winter so I would need to change back to my summer stock setup.

I would definitely swap the rotors out, along with the subs and amp, unless they are willing to raise the trade in values. If you leave them on the car, they will advertise it in the re-sale. Agreed working on jack stands suck, but you could sell the rotors if you wanted and make some money off them.

Food for thought, good luck

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

I agree with Anthony, at least on the rotors especially if that’s something you would turn around and do on the 2022. Sub and amp is probably worth leaving on if they’ll bump your trade in up for them. H pipe will be a sunk cost but those are relatively inexpensive, especially when Steeda runs their Black Friday sale (if you can wait that long).

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
H pipe will be a sunk cost but those are relatively inexpensive, especially when Steeda runs their Black Friday sale
you know, @tj@steeda you guys need a 'loyalty discount' program. Spend $1000, get 15% off the next order of >$500.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
The 22 has the bang and olfsen so it has the sub.
If I do this trade I’ll grab those rotors for sure

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The 22 has the bang and olfsen so it has the sub.
If I do this trade I’ll grab those rotors for sure
Good luck! Not an easy decision for sure. But, look how glorious GBM is when clean 🤭

20% tints on mine btw

IMG_2124.jpeg
Sponsored