What did you do to your GT350 today?

sothpaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Swapped out my stock shifter for a Billetworkz shift knob I bought on the forum classifieds. Wow, getting the old one off was way harder than I thought. Tried twisting with bare hands, couldn't budge it. Tried 2 different strap wrenches, able to get it to turn about 45 degrees, then was stuck driving it that way for a day, almost got in a wreck since shifting with a twisted shifter very challenging (and dangerous!). Resorted to a heat gun and small channel locks but only ripped up the outer cover and made me think I should have left it stock. Finally was able to get it off with the giant channel locks, many four-letter words, and major elbow grease. Discovered red Loctite on the threads (apparently blue is designed for temporary use, and red for permanent use, lucky me). While I love the new shift knob, not sure I'd do it again, thought I was going to snap something in the trans. My old one is wrecked, so no going back anyway.
IMG-1031.jpg
IMG-1032.jpg
IMG-1033.jpg
IMG-1030.jpg

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Swapped out my stock shifter for a Billetworkz shift knob I bought on the forum classifieds. Wow, getting the old one off was way harder than I thought. Tried twisting with bare hands, couldn't budge it. Tried 2 different strap wrenches, able to get it to turn about 45 degrees, then was stuck driving it that way for a day, almost got in a wreck since shifting with a twisted shifter very challenging (and dangerous!). Resorted to a heat gun and small channel locks but only ripped up the outer cover and made me think I should have left it stock. Finally was able to get it off with the giant channel locks, many four-letter words, and major elbow grease. Discovered red Loctite on the threads (apparently blue is designed for temporary use, and red for permanent use, lucky me). While I love the new shift knob, not sure I'd do it again, thought I was going to snap something in the trans. My old one is wrecked, so no going back anyway.
IMG-1031.jpg
IMG-1032.jpg
IMG-1033.jpg
IMG-1030.jpg
yeah, auto fanatic (you tube) has a video on this. FOrd should NOT put red loctite on it. I have a recall done on my 2019 that required servicing the shift collar. They had to take the stop shift knob off. Fortunately mine came off easy.

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
You can PPF over a ceramic coating. It will adhere just fine, and most likely help it come off if you ever need to down the road.
I've worked with several detailers and they all say NO... so not sure if things have changed.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Tackled swapping the whole dash… I found a dash with red stitching which matches the R interior. Took 5 hours

IMG_0460.jpeg

IMG_0464.jpeg

IMG_0476.jpeg
wow, fantastic job!

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
What do the wrap guys say?
They say PPF must be applied first due to adhesion issues over ceramic coating. I did ppf and ceramic on my first two mustangs, but opted out of PPF on my current 350. Was not happy with the look once the ppf got damaged. I know it's doing the job, but selling the "self healing" properties is a bit of a stretch. Plus i've heard horror stories of removing the film. Still.. that matte finish is pretty sweet. Not sure if PPF tech has improved. Maybe I'll do a matte wrap down the road? Looked into Auto Flex coatings, but the installers were not skilled and unsure of the longevity of the product. For now I have the Gtechniq professional ceramic coating and it works great. If I get a rock chip, I fix it and move on.

Sponsored

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
Wife and I drove out to Carlisle Pa with some local club members this weekend for the Ford Nationals. Had a great time. ⁹Lots of beautiful cars and trucks. We won third place in our class. Too much to see and do in a weekend.

20230603_100016 (1).jpg
20230604_133224.jpg