What did you do to your GT350 today?

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Replaced wheels and tires; 2 spokes on my driver side rear wheel (P51) broke/split while I was driving 80 mph on the highway. I heard a loud pop, then a brief shudder and immediately pulled over. Wheels were 13 months old. First time I had to use my spare tire, which worked well on the way to my house.

20230107_170259~2.jpg

Went with 20 in, Project 6gr, R-Spec ten-spoke in gloss black and had them powder coated in metallic-flake anthracite. Ordered last Monday and installed last Thursday. For now, I went with Continental DSW06 and will switch to summer tires in May.

I'm very fortunate that the outcome wasn't worse.

View attachment 729120
There is a thread or post about P51 wheels and the spokes cracking. Every time I see someone on FB asking about them, I warn them and if they like the style that much, buy MRR M600 instead. Glad you noticed it in time!
Sponsored

Hennessey"R"

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura TSX, 2014 Acura MDX, 2017 GT350R
Nice car. Are those OEM 500 wickers? They just bolted right up or did you have to do some modifications?
They are actually from ZL1 add Ons ! They are made really good and they have great customer service! And if u order some make sure u chose 350 or 350R ! I thought they were the same like most of the other 350 parts , but it has to do with the bigger splitter!

I also have the ZL1 stealth lift pads! They are the little red aluminum pieces on the jack points! I got them to go with a quick jack!

6E8B95EB-E81E-44FC-B46B-AD66A42D7E59.jpeg

E8CFC192-E866-46AD-B35C-CC7BF7C03651.jpeg

Last edited:

One_350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
There is a thread or post about P51 wheels and the spokes cracking. Every time I see someone on FB asking about them, I warn them and if they like the style that much, buy MRR M600 instead. Glad you noticed it in time!
I was gonna go that route and didn’t want to risk my life for some poorly engineered wheels. Apparently they sacrifice safety for a more concave look resulting in skinny spokes. MRR no longer makes the m600 wheels in the gt350 spec.

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I was in the wheel repair business for 15 years, retired last June.
I‘ve never heard or seen a wheel crack without an impact, you’d be the first. I guess anything is possible but that seems very unlikely.
Has anyone else driven your car?
The Mrs and I were headed over to a friends house the other day for a quick visit. We took off from an intersection and a Porsche that was a few cars in front of us hit the gas and lost control, went up on the curb and almost hit a block wall. When we drove by, a young girl was riding shotgun and the kid that was driving was white as a sheet. The couple looked 18-20 years old.
All we could think about was “daddy’s car” and the kid was showing off. Fresh rain so the road was slick.
hopefully the young man learned a lesson...

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
They are actually from ZL1 add Ons ! They are made really good and they have great customer service! And if u order some make sure u chose 350 or 350R ! I thought they were the same like most of the other 350 parts , but it has to do with the bigger splitter!

I also have the ZL1 stealth lift pads! They are the little red aluminum pieces on the jack points! I got them to go with a quick jack!

6E8B95EB-E81E-44FC-B46B-AD66A42D7E59.jpeg

E8CFC192-E866-46AD-B35C-CC7BF7C03651.jpeg
Excellent post! Thanks!

SCalla0490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
United States
Started to take the factory exhaust off in prep for header install. Got the passenger side off… the dreaded nut by the AC line wasn’t that bad. I used a flex head ratchet, put it on from the top. Went under the car, basically used my middle, ring and pinky to loosen it, then used my pointer finger to flick the wrench up. Had to take a couple breaks lol, but wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Got the GT500 support to swap in. Hopefully I will receive the Anderson Composites GT5 hood soon.
tempImageGAEmCY.jpg
tempImageoEbpxp.jpg
The difference on these is mainly the included design for the extra latches, right? One thing I don't like about my 20 is the hood flutter. I think I already have this support but I question my bravery as far as adding the push button releases to the factory hood.

Tatonka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2018 GT350SE, 2020 GT350 Heritage
The difference on these is mainly the included design for the extra latches, right? One thing I don't like about my 20 is the hood flutter. I think I already have this support but I question my bravery as far as adding the push button releases to the factory hood.
To my knowledge and as I have compared, yes. I have hood flutter now but I didn't want to cut the original hood in the event I ever sell it (which I have zero intent to as I really want another). I purchased the Anderson GT5 hood to modify to allow some cooling as the mirage coming from the original tells me it's toasty in there. I thought about getting another hood and adding the FP350S vent also but I wanted it to be a clean improvement.
More than anything I think the opportunity to use original parts to complement the car is always a plus. I am just wanting to make tasteful improvements without going too far away from the car's original design. I think it was pretty damn good out of the box.
Now I get to brainstorm on what I want to do for design with paint.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
To my knowledge and as I have compared, yes. I have hood flutter now but I didn't want to cut the original hood in the event I ever sell it (which I have zero intent to as I really want another). I purchased the Anderson GT5 hood to modify to allow some cooling as the mirage coming from the original tells me it's toasty in there. I thought about getting another hood and adding the FP350S vent also but I wanted it to be a clean improvement.
More than anything I think the opportunity to use original parts to complement the car is always a plus. I am just wanting to make tasteful improvements without going too far away from the car's original design. I think it was pretty damn good out of the box.
Now I get to brainstorm on what I want to do for design with paint.
Yes, I like to do OEM whenever I can. Sounds look a good plan, will be watching!

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I haven't tried it myself but I saw in a post on another forum that you can add foam above the headlights to help with the hood flutter. Doesn't cure it all the way but it helps

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I haven't tried it myself but I saw in a post on another forum that you can add foam above the headlights to help with the hood flutter. Doesn't cure it all the way but it helps
I did try that very early on for my 16R using a 3M product and it fit perfectly but did not help at all. It's apparent that the air pressure from the front and under the car is causing this. You can either button the hood down more or let the air out using a GT4-like solution.
Amazon.com: ESUPPORT Car 4meter Rubber Seal Weather Strip Small D : Automotive

I don't think I have pictures of it handy but @ecoboost321 has the car now so maybe they are still on there :)
Sponsored

Last edited: