live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Oil Separators

Well after 3200 miles on my R I finally got around to checking my separators after my first oil change, I would say about 40cc's? only in the passenger side, none in the driver side. At least I know where some of the oil goes.. lol
catch can oil.jpg
Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I'm planning on doing this fluid change in a few days. Any technical advice I need to know before I proceed?
Not really, except it sucks doing it while the car is on jack stands. The drain plug was no problem, but the fill plug wasn’t the easiest to get to for me at least on my back. I probably made a much bigger mess than I needed to, but the fill hose popped out a couple of times and I had a hard time getting the fill plug to start threading back in. Just make sure it is cool as you’ll be around the exhaust pipes the whole time.

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Do you still have the stock shifter and what fluid did you switch to?

My 1-2 was pretty bad when cold and hit or miss when warm. Also 2-3 was notchy sometimes.

After 1000 miles or so with the MGW and the switch to Amsoil it is really nice now.
Stock shifter. Can't change it for my SCCA autocross class, but I'd LOVE to do the MGW shifter. I'm kinda glad I'm not allowed to buy it cause I shouldn't spend money, haha.

Same here though, pretty bad when cold and hit or miss when warm. Other shifts are occasionally notchy.

Interesting my 1 t o 2 is terrible when cold unless im at 4K!! HMM MGW might be worth it for that alone.
I also noticed that higher revs helps the 1-2 shift.
[MENTION=31505]Kado[/MENTION] is seeing that he occasionally gets locked out at really high revs though, which isn't great. I believe he's on stock fluid. I'm on Motul fluid, FWIW

That was something I wanted to see also and I think it may be what you're looking for. I also have the 1-2 notchiness, though I'm noticing it smoothing out little by little as I put more miles on the car. There is an improvement regarding that issue with the new knob though. The best way I can explain it is with the OEM knob the notches that I would feel were what I would call "sharp". Like I was scraping through the gates. With the Racseng and its big mass that totally changes that 1-2 feel from sharp to "soft" or smooth(er) as you shift. It still catches a bit in the gate but it feels much less of a catch and also feels much smoother going from gear to gear. It definitely shifts with much more authority, just by the sheer mass of it.
I'm glad to hear the extra weight helps smooth out that particular issue. :thumbsup:

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Finally put some fresh rubber on. Anyone in the area - I highly recommend Discount Tire in Miamisburg.

Gave in and grabbed the FP filter (air raid) - throttle does seem a bit more responsive.

Tested out Harry’s LapTimer paired with a Kiwi 3 obd2 device. iPhone 6s mounted with the iPhone no case holder for a Ram suction mount. If you’re looking for a mount - highly recommend the Ram dual swivel. Super sturdy. Stabilization in Harry’s LapTimer provided for rock steady night video on test run.

Sponsored

SnakeAndSteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Like ThreeFiveO, I too installed my jacking rails tonight. Not too bad despite the car being on the ground. Chiseling the seal away was the toughest part.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Added a fourth merit badge to Shelby's collection (top track outline: NJMP Lightning)
Documents tracks she's run on.
IMG_2164.JPG

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Added a fourth merit badge to Shelby's collection (top track outline: NJMP Lightning)
I’m not a big sticker on cars guy, but that is cool.

Reactions: TDC

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
Like ThreeFiveO, I too installed my jacking rails tonight. Not too bad despite the car being on the ground. Chiseling the seal away was the toughest part.
Yeah I do stupid stuff without jacking the car up. Like jacking rails. I was chiseling using the force. Even worse was the splitter install with a mirror. I’m about to buy a 4 post because of this car.

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Very subtle decals that only hard cores will get. Cool. Which aftermarket cooler(s) did you go with?

Reactions: TDC

Sponsored

Jaws12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Received my shipment of Lloyd Mats for the GT350

I put in floor mats and a trunk mat.

That was the extent of the day for the GT350

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Very subtle decals that only hard cores will get. Cool. Which aftermarket cooler(s) did you go with?
Thanks.
From front of trans to bumper is all Ford parts as used in the Track Pack but then an aftermarket electric oil pump is used to connect with AN hoses to the trans drain and fill ports. Manually operated rocker switch used before heading on track.
For the diff I simply replace the fluids after 3-4 track days. Maybe next year I'll add the FP diff cooling kit.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I droped mine off for shipping to the states last week. Cant wait to pick it up on the other side of the pond.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Nice can you take I wider shot I'm debating getting the same I'm not sure where to put it
Sponsored