Sponsored

What did you do to your GT350 today?

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Went to the Mustang Club of MD car show and hung with some other GT350s. There were five GT350s at the show. 1 R, 1 Base, 1 Tech, 2 Track

We should have all taken a picture together, but I completely forgot about it since the ending was a little chaotic. So you just get the three I came with.
20160710_114759.jpg
Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
It can be done ... but need to be careful. Here's a guy that wet sanded and buffed out his black GT.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1381587
Coming from a family owned body shop I can tell you "Yeah exactly" The problem is the factory paint is so thin. Even if you used 1500-2000-2500-3000 grit sand paper the chances of breaking through the clear are very likely. Just the wet sanding alone takes off mills of paint. Then to buff it which is actually melting the paint back to a shine. It's important to know the proper technique of using a buffer and the direction of the buffer along with the weight / pressure applied and the speed and grade of compound and pad. It would almost be better to wet sand it then apply more clear first. Depending on the type of clear and hardner used, sometimes if you wait to long and the clear is to hard it won't shine as deep.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
You wetsanded your car?
Yes. I've done it before with another OE Ford paint job but that wasn't water borne paint, like this. I was a little nervous but it totally fixed it. Now I'm going to have to do the whole car to satisfy my OCD. Car goes for a clear bra soon..so need to do all of the corrections now.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Just to be clear - dont just go out willy nilly and sand all of the orange peel off your car. I'll do a write up of what I used and how but basically you just want to knock the peaks off the top of a portion of the orange peel. Most factory paint has some peel and what I did was to reduce some of the heavy areas - not completely erase it.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Just to be clear - dont just go out willy nilly and sand all of the orange peel off your car. I'll do a write up of what I used and how but basically you just want to knock the peaks off the top of a portion of the orange peel. Most factory paint has some peel and what I did was to reduce some of the heavy areas - not completely erase it.
Your car is white correct?

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Correct

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Yes. I've done it before with another OE Ford paint job but that wasn't water borne paint, like this. I was a little nervous but it totally fixed it. Now I'm going to have to do the whole car to satisfy my OCD. Car goes for a clear bra soon..so need to do all of the corrections now.
:hail:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I almost ordered white with black roof no stripe. Every single vehicle I ever owned was white. I thought I'd try something new and went with magnetic with black ott stripes. I can't decide if I want the ott anymore or not.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Quick shot
image.jpg

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Dammit

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Like I said white is my favorite but the thing is the urethane always is more yellow than the steel panels. Even though the urethane is noticeably different on all colors. Some light shows it more than others. Especially in a b/w photo

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Yes - it's not always noticeable and I'm pretty much over it. I'm liking the color overall.
image.jpeg

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Reminds me of the guy who blue jean cut down his magnetic GT last year... That was epic!