17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Got the car back from installing MGW shifter, Red 350R callipers and Watson rollbar. It was 70 degrees and didn't want to stop driving.
I NEED this roll bar in my life! Looks so badass man!

How do you find the MGW shifter?

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I got stuck in heavy traffic and some Mercedes kept getting so close to my rear that I couldn't see his head lights and most of his hood.

when I got space I would take off hoping that someone would get in between us. Then traffic would slow down and here comes the Mercedes again riding my butt. This happened several times before I went to exit.

He tried passing me in the right lane, which is a big no-no in Germany, but got stuck behind someone else.

Then finally, he sees that I'm am taking the same exit as he was and now I see him speeding up in the exit lane to try and cut me off. Since I got in the lane with plenty of space he again drove up my rear.

He got a final sniff of my rear in a round-a-bout. Finally I took a different exit from the circle than him.

I have no clue what his issue was, but he was really pissing me off.

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I got stuck in heavy traffic and some Mercedes kept getting so close to my rear that I couldn't see his head lights and most of his hood.

when I got space I would take off hoping that someone would get in between us. Then traffic would slow down and here comes the Mercedes again riding my butt. This happened several times before I went to exit.

He tried passing me in the right lane, which is a big no-no in Germany, but got stuck behind someone else.

Then finally, he sees that I'm am taking the same exit as he was and now I see him speeding up in the exit lane to try and cut me off. Since I got in the lane with plenty of space he again drove up my rear.

He got a final sniff of my rear in a round-a-bout. Finally I took a different exit from the circle than him.

I'm in DE like every month traveling form CH do PL - I find your experience to be quite normal I'm afraid. Beemers are the worst, next VW Passast and the 3rd place goes to Mercedes...sometimes I wish to have some machine guns hidden under my bumper - like 007 :paddle:

That issue is quite common in DE. I've seen some documentary when they were asking young German males about what they "lie" frequently.
The answer was not like "penis length", bank account amount or how many gf's the had...the most common answer was: I lie frequently about my engine's horsepower...

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350

You should've just slammed the brakes going 100mph. That usually gets the other driver's adrenalin going for a while.

Sponsored

sapitts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Where did you get the grommets for the roll bar through RSD?
I had The Roadster Shop in Mundelein install the rollbar and they had them. I will try and find out where they got them from.

sapitts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I NEED this roll bar in my life! Looks so badass man!

How do you find the MGW shifter?
You can buy the shifter directly from them. I feel a huge difference with the feel from the stock shifter.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood

Reminds me of this...

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Try McMaster-Carr for grommets, I've had really good luck with their products and their website is very good for browsing if you're not really sure what you need.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed JLT painted coil covers (carbon fiber hydro with blaze yellow) and Ford Performance air/oil separators (both sides).

Sponsored

nhgaudreau

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nolan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Installed JLT painted coil covers (carbon fiber hydro with blaze yellow) and Ford Performance air/oil separators (both sides).

Can you explain to a noob (me) what an air/oil separator does? Why is it beneficial? Thanks!

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you explain to a noob (me) what an air/oil separator does? Why is it beneficial? Thanks!
Stock, the breathers from the valve covers circulate air directly back to the intake manifold. At high RPM and under heavy G-loads, oil mist can make its way into those lines and cause issues when recirculated back into the engine. The air/oil separators are basically little catch-cans and the kits include two lines each, one that runs from the valve cover vent to the air/oil separator and another higher one that exits the air/oil separator and sends the now "clean" air back into the engine through the intake.

There are versions made by Ford Performance and a variety of aftermarket suppliers and they usually run around $150 (and up) per side.

If you're going to track the car, these are cheap insurance.

Here's a better pic showing the driver side one - it's the black box about in the center of the pic just below the shock tower brace....

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Chris, the covers look awesome, congrats!
You inspired me to order a set. I went with white and lightning blue lettering. One of my covers was scuffed by the factory, so I went ahead just got these. I think the white will look good on a white car. Was tempted by red lettering, but think the blue lettering will be a little more subtle.

Thanks for the tip!

nhgaudreau

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nolan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Stock, the breathers from the valve covers circulate air directly back to the intake manifold. At high RPM and under heavy G-loads, oil mist can make its way into those lines and cause issues when recirculated back into the engine. The air/oil separators are basically little catch-cans and the kits include two lines each, one that runs from the valve cover vent to the air/oil separator and another higher one that exits the air/oil separator and sends the now "clean" air back into the engine through the intake.

There are versions made by Ford Performance and a variety of aftermarket suppliers and they usually run around $150 (and up) per side.

If you're going to track the car, these are cheap insurance.

Here's a better pic showing the driver side one - it's the black box about in the center of the pic just below the shock tower brace....

Awesome thanks! I'll definitely look into them.