How come you don't want clear bra?

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
How come you don't want clear bra?
Never been a big fan of them myself and the cars going to sit more than it gets driven. No particular reason. Everyone has their own preferences mine just happens to be a spray on version. We had something put on my wife's Yukon at the dealer and I was actually impressed. And it was $600 to have done. That thing cleans up so easy it's ridiculous. They just recommend you get it coated once a year or so.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Never been a big fan of them myself and the cars going to sit more than it gets driven. No particular reason. Everyone has their own preferences mine just happens to be a spray on version. We had something put on my wife's Yukon at the dealer and I was actually impressed. And it was $600 to have done. That thing cleans up so easy it's ridiculous. They just recommend you get it coated once a year or so.
I'd highly recommend getting PPF on the front. The paint on these things chips way too easily. It doesn't take much at all before the chips start appearing. Obviously it depends on the roads around you but out here in California, I got a small chip during my first time on the freeway on my way to my PPF installer. :doh:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I myself do not like the clear bra. People have their own personal preference. But I agree with you.

Sponsored

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I myself do not like the clear bra. People have their own personal preference. But I agree with you.
What do you have on yours? Is the quarts a spray on product? I've seen something quarts finest talked about on here a bit. Too tired to be Googling right now...

On a side note I can't stop taking pictures of this damn thing :lol: I've only had it 24 hours and I must have 30 on my phone already... Got a bunch of my truck as well. My wife thinks it's weird that hers is full of pics of us and our kids and mine is full of pics of my truck, golf cart and now my GT350 :coolphotos:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I had xpel put on. Which I applied myself. I didn't like it so I took it off. I'm very anal and have OCD in a bad way. So far I have absolutely no chips in my paint.
I just drive in a way that I allow no vehicles ahead of me.
Which isn't hard for me.

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Yukon was probably treated with Zak-Tec or a similar product. I think it goes for about that much $ and it requires a yearly reapplication. They also make a product for interiors that also needs yearly reapplication. I can't say if either one works or not, since I've never personally used it. I just noticed it as a dealer add-on at one of the Ford dealers I visited back when I was shopping.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
I had xpel put on. Which I applied myself. I didn't like it so I took it off. I'm very anal and have OCD in a bad way. So far I have absolutely no chips in my paint.
I just drive in a way that I allow no vehicles ahead of me.
Which isn't hard for me.
Scott you must be one bad sunday driver to not have any car ahead of you when driving. :)
You're gonna have to teach me how to do it, cuz i could never figure it out with all the stupid drivers we have around here. :crazy:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Scott you must be one bad sunday driver to not have any car ahead of you when driving. :)
You're gonna have to teach me how to do it, cuz i could never figure it out with all the stupid drivers we have around here. :crazy:
Easy.
Keep the Rpm high and pedal to the floor and chive on my friend.
I can't wait until my loud pipes come in. My bikes gonna sound like the worlds ending. I have a 2016 Norton commando 961 SF and the megaphone exhaust is gonna vaporize people.

Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Easy.
Keep the Rpm high and pedal to the floor and chive on my friend.
I can't wait until my loud pipes come in. My bikes gonna sound like the worlds ending. I have a 2016 Norton commando 961 SF and the megaphone exhaust is gonna vaporize people.
See that's the problem, when doing that i seem to be catching up faster on the cars ahead of me. ;) You never win it seems.

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Noticed last time I drove it there seemed to be a slight vibration from one of the wheels but couldn't make out if it was the road or tire. Confirmed today...I picked up a screw in the front passenger's side. It's about two inches from side so hopefully they can plug/patch.

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had the passenger front wheel replaced after the rail head damaged the first one... And discovered a tiny ding in my hood drivers side by the fender that I need to have them fix. Hopefully paintless dent can get it out. If not I guess I'll have to live with it :rant:

kairojya

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Picked up my car (yesterday) after finally having my rear bumper fitment fixed. I'm going to make a thread with more details. My servicing dealership did a good job, I haven't seen another S550 in person with better fitment (for the rear bumper) than how mine currently is. Hopefully it stays this good.

The dealer said they couldn't get my original bumper to fit right, so they ordered a new one, painted it, and installed it. Now my fitment all along where the bumper meets the quarter panels (on both sides) is perfect.

It took them one week (in Monday morning, out Friday midday). They ordered new stripes, but said the stripes are backordered. I opted to take my car in the meantime. I think it looks good without the stripes actually..

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Installed my Radenso XP radar detector with mirror tap and Thinkware 770 dash cam with rear camera + battery saver. Loving the stealth installs.
Sponsored