Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I took the Mustang to work today, that in itself is always a recipe for a feel-good day.

IMG-0430-2.jpg

We have a mini-golf course to supplement the nursery business, school holidays are always a busy time with parents looking for activities to occupy their children.

At about 4pm today, a lady came in with two 10-year-old boys to play golf, one who then asked if the Mustang in the carpark was mine, cue lots of questions.
biggrin.gif
I'm not good with kids, but if it's a subject that I love, then I'm in my element.

I sort of knew where this was going to lead. Right on cue, they returned from their game and handed in the clubs just as I was about to go home, cue "can you rev it up"..............
biggrin.gif

A couple of blips of the throttle and then a full throttle launch onto the highway was my parting gift. I know I lived for stuff like this as a kid,
so hopefully I infected them with the Ford disease today like I was with several encounters with hot Falcon's.

(Note - I always start the car to warm it up before I leave, so I didn't thrash on a cold engine with the above antics)
You should have given him a ride.
Sponsored

TeeCee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Killed the Battery on Christmas Eve - Original Battery from Dearborn Sept 2017 - Died instantly - Now have the car at home on the trickle charger to save the ECU memory whilst waiting for a 'Special Order' battery to arrive - Does anyone know how long the battery can be out before losing the stored info??? (Has custom Dyno Tune I don't want to lose).

battery.jpg

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Bugger!

IMHO you won't lose the tune though, those parameters are coded/written into ecu memory permanently and to change them they have to be coded out ie reflashed.

What battery did you decide on?

Sponsored

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I reckon the strut brace made quite a difference to handling, things like pushing through a roundabout esp the direction change, but I wasnt sure if it was just imaginitis. I'd be interested in your thoughts when you have it done.

TeeCee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Bugger!

IMHO you won't lose the tune though, those parameters are coded/written into ecu memory permanently and to change them they have to be coded out ie reflashed.

What battery did you decide on?
Hi GT550 - Decided on this one (discounted from $289.00):
1672038325685.png

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Good choice.

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
Just changed my battery too. After getting home from fitting some new Mach 1 wheels it would restart in my garage. I put it on the trickle charger and next day it did fire again but i decided it was time to change so i put an MF55 supercharge it the old girl.
Good choice.

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 MY17 Mustang GT 5L Triple Yellow Convertible
Ordered my first mod. Bought a strut tower brace for my California Special. Managed to find the correct one on E Bay. Next is a pair of bonnet/hood struts. The Roush ones seem to be the best (better bracket design and sturdier mounting).
Screenshot 2022-12-26 124105.png
Hi

You have probably seen on previous posts that you either need to space the strut brace up a bit or grind part of it a way to clear the driver side bracing in the engine bay on RH drive cars. (I think if you are daft enough to pay a grand and buy it locally you just get the same US brace with some spacer washers to make it fit.)

I bought mine from the states like you are, for a similar price. Not a fan of the grinding away method, I had two sets of spacers laser cut when I fitted mine. One pair 8mm thick and the other pair 6mm thick The 8mm goes on the drivers side so it clears the engine bracing and I put a 6mm on the passenger side as the strut brace is a pretty tight fit under the battery cabling and the extra two mill clearance came in handy.

I had two sets of each size made just in case as I was not sure what would work best, so obviously I still have one set left they are yours if you want them, $15.00 plus postage, or you could just use thick washers.

Cheers, John.

90FFE4D7-9639-4DB1-90E3-EB5B72ECB8A6.jpeg

8D7C0982-7F58-4DCB-9E48-1C646A82EFD7.jpeg

0492FCDA-30D3-48BE-A9DF-F0D5EC985E67.jpeg

Sponsored

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hi

You have probably seen on previous posts that you either need to space the strut brace up a bit or grind part of it a way to clear the driver side bracing in the engine bay on RH drive cars. (I think if you are daft enough to pay a grand and buy it locally you just get the same US brace with some spacer washers to make it fit.)

I bought mine from the states like you are, for a similar price. Not a fan of the grinding away method, I had two sets of spacers laser cut when I fitted mine. One pair 8mm thick and the other pair 6mm thick The 8mm goes on the drivers side so it clears the engine bracing and I put a 6mm on the passenger side as the strut brace is a pretty tight fit under the battery cabling and the extra two mill clearance came in handy.

I had two sets of each size made just in case as I was not sure what would work best, so obviously I still have one set left they are yours if you want them, $15.00 plus postage, or you could just use thick washers.

Cheers, John.

90FFE4D7-9639-4DB1-90E3-EB5B72ECB8A6.jpeg

8D7C0982-7F58-4DCB-9E48-1C646A82EFD7.jpeg

0492FCDA-30D3-48BE-A9DF-F0D5EC985E67.jpeg
Not that it is a big deal but if you painted the spacers black they basically disappear.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
@TeeCee nice work. Just wondering if there's what looks like a bit of upwards pressure on the battery loom? Sorry, unhappy looms give me the absolute shudders and when I installed a brace I found the loom was jammed behind the airbox, which shortened it just enough to create slight tension in that area. Just sayin...:like: