Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
This is one active thread for a "Local Section" thread... I'm impressed.

If you guys are "Down Under", are we "Up Over"?
Gooday, we are down under. The Mustangs are very popular here, no competition really and the only new v8 that you can buy in a manual other than a Toyota diesel 4 X 4.

we didnt get your beautiful GT350's here either
Just to add to Peter's response -

Australia never really had access to Mustang's, Camaro's, Corvette's or Challangers outside of private imports.

What we did have though were muscle cars based on the locally produced GM, Ford and Chrysler products. These models, powered by V8's and Turbo charged 6's, gave Australians an appetite for performance. And the best thing was, these cars were priced in a way that allowed people with average incomes could afford, the same as Mustang's and Camaro's were to the US market.

comfalute100.jpg

GT-F_SHOWN_WITH_XR_GT.jpg

When the factories closed in 2016-2017, the loss of those models left a HUGE void. And while GM sold a few RHD converted Camaro's, the Mustang had the market to itself and the demand in the earlier years (2015-2016-2017) meant that people were waiting 12+ months for their orders. Not only did the Ford guys have something to buy after the Falcon was discontinued, the Mustang brought people into Ford showrooms that had NEVER even thought to do so in the past.

And that is why this section of the forum is so active. :like:

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yeah, they are brilliant cars especially if you like fishtailing. At one stage maybe 10 - 15 years ago all of the construction sites were surrounded by v8 utes, nowadays it is nearly exclusively 4WD utes like the ranger or hi-lux.

Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Australia never really had access to Mustang's, Camaro's, Corvette's or Challangers outside of private imports.
Indeed but thankfully there was always an acute awareness. IIRC the XR GT ('67?) was marketed as being ''Mustang bred'.

nowadays it is nearly exclusively 4WD utes like the ranger or hi-lux.
Can't quite warm to these things racing in the V8SC Supports, lowered with a Coyote engine or not.

The demise of the ute and wagon was IMHO unfortunate as it was replaced with a proliferation of large, heavy and compromised twin cabs and SUVs.

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yeah when I was after a manual v8 hardware care I would have loved a falcon or holden ute but they are getting very exey and a bit long in the tooth for infotainment. I also would have liked a camaro but limited manual numbers and more money. A mate of mine has one, I love the look but it doesnt sound anywhere near as good as the mustang and the interior is a little shabby, pretty happy I went with the GT.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
More, more MUSTANG!
Oh that's gold, not one I'd seen before. Amazing to think Ford was confident marketing a local car through the use of heavy references to a model not even sold here but such is the ubiquitous appeal of the Mustang I guess :rockon:

Sponsored

ShadowMustang161

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Bullitt Mustang
While we may all lament the sale and ready availability in Australia over the years of the Ford Mustang, we have had the equal, if not better, in the muscle car V8 versions of the Ford Falcon and the Holden Commodore/Torana. These cars were the equal of anything produced by Ford USA and GM USA. Sadly, local design and manufacture of of these vehicles has now passed into history. Australia once had it all with locally designed and manufactured V8 Muscle Cars. As a wise man once said, "It's better to have had it once then to have never had it at all."

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
While we may all lament the sale and ready availability in Australia over the years of the Ford Mustang, we have had the equal, if not better, in the muscle car V8 versions of the Ford Falcon and the Holden Commodore/Torana. These cars were the equal of anything produced by Ford USA and GM USA. Sadly, local design and manufacture of of these vehicles has now passed into history. Australia once had it all with locally designed and manufactured V8 Muscle Cars. As a wise man once said, "It's better to have had it once then to have never had it at all."
The reason these Ozzy cars are no longer available is because the Australian public deserted them and bought other brands.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Oh that's gold, not one I'd seen before. Amazing to think Ford was confident marketing a local car through the use of heavy references to a model not even sold here but such is the ubiquitous appeal of the Mustang I guess :rockon:
Some more -

mbf101.jpg

xt101.jpg

I'm privileged to own the end of the Australian road, and the beginning of the American one.

edt123.jpg

DSC-0302-2.jpg