Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

Datstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
On order 2021 GT Mustang
Yep Kermi's got it! 265 front and 295 rear.

Got a wheel alignment today and got them to install the Whiteline camber bolts i had. Really stood the front wheels up and sits a lot nicer now. Kinda glad i went 265 at front now. 275 would be too much tyre poke for my liking + less surface area for debris off the road to flick up side of car.

Rear is -2.1 degree camber now, apparently should be around the -1.7 mark. Not sure if they filed that in the too hard basket to adjust anymore or i'm in need of a rear camber adjustment kit.
Awesome thanks guys,
Dave

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Lockdown Day 2 Project -

Engine bay detail.

IMG-0245.jpg

IMG-0249.jpg

IMG-0256.jpg

The Mustang's engine way gets wiped down after each wash, so not especially dirty but a chance to get into the areas I miss. I did remove the engine and battery covers to get better access, using ONR to wipe away any dust that accumulates under them. Dressed with 303 Protectant, using compressed air to drive it into those tricky spots like the ribbed induction tubes ect.

Sponsored

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I gave up trying to put a similar stripe on my car, maybe I used too much soapy water but I found it a bit of a challenge (so congrats on a good job). If you want more black bits, I found the plastidip worked fine on the decals, at least you dont have to take them off to do it.

boostedblake

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
Yeah, so you don't think there is much more room for improvement with the factory setup?
The standard setup is adjustable from the factory it just has a small range that's all. It's normally hard to get anywhere near -1.7º from an angle less than -1.7º but given that you're at -2.1º then you should be able to get back to -1.7º without having to buy the camber adjustment kit. Most Mustangs come out of the factory with less than -1.7º and tend to wear the outside edge of the rears because they need more negative camber. Mine came out of the factory with -0.7º.

boostedblake

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
The standard setup is adjustable from the factory it just has a small range that's all. It's normally hard to get anywhere near -1.7º from an angle less than -1.7º but given that you're at -2.1º then you should be able to get back to -1.7º without having to buy the camber adjustment kit. Most Mustangs come out of the factory with less than -1.7º and tend to wear the outside edge of the rears because they need more negative camber. Mine came out of the factory with -0.7º.
Thanks for that Keith, Yeah that was my thoughts exactly I just feel the wheel alignment shop got lazy and declared -2.1º as being as much adjustment they could make and called it a day.
Hopefully i'll have better lucky at another suspension/alignment shop....

Sponsored

boostedblake

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I got better luck!

Went to Fulcrum suspension and they got it dialed in with -1.52º camber in rear now, coming from -2.16º. As said along with Fulcrum; there is adjustment there, just a pain in the :curse:ick to try an adjust.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Well I just fitted some Steeda boot struts. Bit of a discretionary spend but isn't 95% of mods like that. I got the lighter version so as to suit my no spoiler boot lid. They work well but a bit of muscle is required to close it again. I have heard that they become easier with a bit of use. Bought direct from Steeda in US as that was the cheapest source.

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Well I just fitted some Steeda boot struts. Bit of a discretionary spend but isn't 95% of mods like that. I got the lighter version so as to suit my no spoiler boot lid. They work well but a bit of muscle is required to close it again. I have heard that they become easier with a bit of use. Bought direct from Steeda in US as that was the cheapest source.
Just when you think you are done, someone else buys something you have not got but can’t live without 😫

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
I never really found it hard to lift the boot even after the spoiler was fitted...lol. Something else i can live without.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I never really found it hard to lift the boot even after the spoiler was fitted...lol. Something else i can live without.
No, not hard at all really, just that it just stays down.
Sponsored