Sponsored

What are you driving now? (Australia)

firstmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
QuantumTug
As the title says Quantum tug….which is the Toyota troopy V8, not a daily driver just when needed holidays mainly. The daily driver was a Ford ranger super cab and with the Mustang on the way i just realised that we only had 2 door cars and the missus did not enjoy driving the Ranger so just swapped out to a Subaru Forrester XT turbo, feels and drives like a go kart after the last 2 trucks :thumbsup:
Sponsored

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
I'm currently driving a PX Ranger 4x4 and a Focus ST. I'm going to be selling the Focus soon (the Mustang will be it's replacement).

ou701

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Well, It might not seem logical, but a Mustang GT (Guard/manual) will become the daily driver replacement for our 2011 Abarth Fiat Essesse. I also have a 1993 Porsche 911 Carrera 2 coupe that is used at weekends mainly. It's becoming increasingly valuable, so the Mustang might serve as an occasional track day car too, so I'm looking carefully at all the tuning parts available in the USA. Thinking of coilovers (which will be best?), Ford Racing Touring exhaust, maybe spare set of wheels/R Spec tyres etc.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Here is my GT R-Spec, coming up to 3 years old now. This is No 015 of 175. I did the 6/4 Brembo upgrade on it. Terrific car, heaps of grunt. I'm interested as to how a naturally aspirated 5.0 Mustang will go in comparison but I think the lighter weight will give the nod to the Mustang!

The red wheels are standard, the black wheels are Forgestar CF5's which have now been sold.

The Focus in the background of the first photo is going to be sold off to make way for the Mustang.

My daily driver is a Territory Diesel.

Sponsored

BroncosXR8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EL II XR8, 2015 Mustang GT on the way!
My EL XR8 II is on its last legs, so had been looking at something for a while and kept the Mustang in the background until they announced that price!
Ordered a Magnetic GT Manual the day after prices were announced.

I was looking at:
A second hand BMW 335/135
VW Golf R/GTI
Subaru WRX
Renault RS265
FX XR8

Yep my Mustang is going to be a daily too

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Currently driving a golf gti and a disco 4.

GTI will be sold when i have a firm delivery date. Mustang will be my daily. Just hope i dont need to buy a petrol tanker to follow me around for on the fly fill ups.

Jack110

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT fastback manual triple yellow
Currently driving a Landrover defender 110 (with a Chevy 6.5L diesel), been more of a motorbike guy as nothing short of the exotics in cars had any excitement for me(and I can't afford an exotic!!), and then along came the mustang.....

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
driving a 2006 HSV coupe and thought I'd have to be buried in it because NOTHING caught my fancy on the replacement front until last year when I read somewhere that Ford was going to make................ and the problem was solved instantly

wastelandblues

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Falcon XR6T
Currently driving a 2005 xr6t. Still a great car.

Hoping to grab a V8 when they finally arrive. Asked Binks Ford when they're coming in and they said "the V8s won't be in until next year sometime".

Not looking at anything else at the moment- just hoping I can go from xr6t to the Mustang by the end of 2016.

Sponsored

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Currently driving a 2005 xr6t. Still a great car.

Hoping to grab a V8 when they finally arrive. Asked Binks Ford when they're coming in and they said "the V8s won't be in until next year sometime".

Not looking at anything else at the moment- just hoping I can go from xr6t to the Mustang by the end of 2016.
You best order one now then. Current wait list is around 14 months.

wastelandblues

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Falcon XR6T
You best order one now then. Current wait list is around 14 months.
Thanks for the heads up! Will make a move.

So, a stupid question, but when most of us are getting the Mustangs, they'll be 2015s but North America will be getting 2016s?

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Thanks for the heads up! Will make a move.

So, a stupid question, but when most of us are getting the Mustangs, they'll be 2015s but North America will be getting 2016s?
They'll be 2016 (since cars manufactured July 2015 to June 2016 are basically '2016'). But minus all the upgrades that the 2016 is supposed to get. So it technically still is the same as a 2015 otherwise.

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
Driving a 2014 VF SSV Redline, prior was a 2014 Jeep SRT with Borla AB..

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"