Sponsored

What are you driving now? (Australia)

austang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Veloster Turbo
As the title suggests, what is everyone in aus driving now whilst waiting for the mustang?

Any other potential cars you are looking at?

What makes you choose the mustang over other cars in the same price category?
Sponsored

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
You go first...

OP
OP

austang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Veloster Turbo
Had a fg xr6 Turbo modded to 330rwkw. Sold it cause it wasn't used as much and got myself a veloster Turbo as a fun get around. Really missing the torque of the fg and probably looking to upgrade to a mustang next year.

Probably get an auto this time so the partner can drive too. All cars before were manual. Just worried whether the mustang auto would be any good compared to the current ZF boxes used.

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
Last few cars have been Subaru turbos (STi and Liberty) and before this a few rotors. I haven't had a V8 since the XA GT in the avatar.

Assuming the Mustang is as good as it looks and is affordable, I'd like a GT with the PP in manual.

Looking forward to the razor sharp throttle response of a NA motor after 20 years of turbos.

Michael.

Utedog7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux
Toyota Hilux SR5. Had a VU SS Ute from new a while back that I loved, but couldn't fit the kids in. Then we had a Territory Ghia, now thinking about the 2014 Falcon XR8, The SS Commodore, and the Chrysler 300c as alternatives. Will be keeping the hilux to tow the boat, and the Mustang will be our nice car.

Sponsored

OP
OP

austang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Veloster Turbo
Xr8 would be a great choice especially with a family. The engine is underrated too and many see it run 300kw or more at the wheels stock.

Utedog7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux
I drove the XR8's for years at work. I never had any issue with them, they would squat down and hug the road under power and they had substance, unlike the XR6Turbos which bounce around like your floating all over the place and flying by the seat of your pants.

The SS holds the road great under any circumstance but I don't like the white stripe in the centre of the dark leather seats on the SSV series, all I can think of is skid marks any time I see them, and not the road type of skid dies either, lol.

My wife is the one that likes the look of the 300C.

nak302

Threads
Reaction score
modified 2005 BA GT. the Mussy has to do a lot to impress me, including price. this forum is proving to be a fantastic research tool, so i'll be well armed when the time comes to hassle the dealers.

BLITZM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBA
Just drive some POS runabout now - can't wait to get a proper car next year.

Mudnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JCW MINI & Land Rover Defender
I have a Land Rover Defender for my bush retreats. A John Cooper Works MINI as my daily driver. Lots of fun, but my back gets a pounding on my 150k round trip to work (3-4 days a week), including the Kuranda range. And a BMW X5 for the wife.

Planning on selling the JCW MINI, and cruising in the Mustang.

Cheers,

Ken

Sponsored

mustang51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry
I drove the XR8's for years at work. I never had any issue with them, they would squat down and hug the road under power and they had substance, unlike the XR6Turbos which bounce around like your floating all over the place and flying by the seat of your pants.

The SS holds the road great under any circumstance but I don't like the white stripe in the centre of the dark leather seats on the SSV series, all I can think of is skid marks any time I see them, and not the road type of skid dies either, lol.

My wife is the one that likes the look of the 300C.
So guessing you are in the HWP

If you are well done for helping to keep our roads safer

Happymetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5 Cabrio
Hi my Name is Harald an I'm from Germany. I think I'm the only one from there...[emoji12] Aktually I Drive an Audi A5 Convertible. It's a Great Car, everything is perfekt. Look the pics. But - Since I was a Little boy the Mustang was my Dream Car ever. And now Look at the 2015 Mustang: It Looks fantastic, sexy, sensationell!!! This will ne my next Car absinke as Soon as possible! Ecoboost, Black Or white, Full House inside[emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419062240.759914.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419062265.507737.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419062290.575569.jpg

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

mustang51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry
I am coming up to 30 years in.
Mustang may be my retirement present next year.
Never did any time in highway though

Always loved the Mustang

OzStangFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Vert;01 Black Cobra Vert;89 GT Vert
I've got a 2001 Black Cobra Convertible (yep the Tickford one). Before that I had a 1989 Cabernet Red GT Convertible (bought new in the US and then shipped home and converted to RHD 3 years later)

25 years of mustang for me - I'm an absolute fan and been watching the S550 since the early rumors were out.

Went to my local dealer today and placed my order (black convertible - no surprise there :D)

I've written about that here
Sponsored