Sponsored

What are you buying with your tax refund

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
How do you not decide? Don't you fill out a W4 like everyone else?

I guess if you are single without kids it stays the same no matter though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Yeah, single no kids. I can say 0 or 1 dependent and that's a really minimal difference. If anyone has free tax advice for someone in my shoes just speak up. Work for a university, single no kids, not a homeowner, some student loan debt, excellent credit.
Sponsored

Fox-4

Just Lurking!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
'02 Mustang GT, '16 Mustang Ecoboost
If I don't own anything then I'll be buying parts to get the 02 fixed, otherwise its going into my savings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Tweezy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
17'GT on Order
Yeah, single no kids. I can say 0 or 1 dependent and that's a really minimal difference. If anyone has free tax advice for someone in my shoes just speak up. Work for a university, single no kids, not a homeowner, some student loan debt, excellent credit.
Dude I'm in the same boat I went from 1 to 2 on W4 but I made more money in 2015 vs 2014 still getting a healthy $1500 back I'm all ears for advice I would love to get $200ish back and have more in paycheck. I thinking of bumping up to 3 on W4. I'm 25work in advertising have student loans and good credit no kids no house. Any CPAs out there ?

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline
Rims and tires in the summer.

Sponsored

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
Been looking in to a shifter and some rear shocks possible... Wasnt quite expecting the koni's to be so expensive, so i might just not wait for them and go with the vikings.

DB23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T 200A Auto Ingot
Will use a few of the $s to pick up the next few mods on my list: no-emblem deck lid, OEM black grill pony, pair of magnaflow tips and steeda jacking rails.

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
You do know what a refund is right? Either money back for a returned good or money back for an overpayment...

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I always make sure I owe... not sure why people get happy about a "refund".

I'd rather handle/invest my money over the course of a year vs. the gov't getting a free loan.

I'm definitely all for paying legit taxes though... someone has to pay for all those bombs!

Sponsored

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Case of coors light:cheers: .....not a very good year for taxes!
That's a great year for taxes. Bit simply means you did not give the government a free loan of a portion of your earnings.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
A track package spoiler would be nice, but I might hang onto it for a while just in case I need tires and brakes. :cool:

I always make sure I owe... not sure why people get happy about a "refund".

I'd rather handle/invest my money over the course of a year vs. the gov't getting a free loan.

I'm definitely all for paying legit taxes though... someone has to pay for all those bombs!
The government doesn't care about "LOANS". They just print as much money as they want. Where have you been?

I agree that making it come out even or owing is preferred, but I'm another one of those perennially getting a refund. I know it's not the "best" way, but it's what I like to do.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
In a perfect world, I wouldn't have a refund, but I do. Usually my refund amounts to ~$1100 or so, so it's not really much. It would earn a few bucks if I put that in savings over the course of the year, but nothing to write home about.

Also, the prospect of owing the IRS money is more stressful than getting money back. I prefer tax time to be less stressful, but thats just me.

Benzene

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Mustang
The IRS took about 50k from my income lol. I will probsbly get like a thousand or two back at the most.

sm32589g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP DIB
Last refund helped me buy the car...This refund I'll be taking the wife on our honeymoon finally! If there's anything left over it will go towards bills and maybe a small something for my car :)
Sponsored