Sponsored

What’s Up With Anti-Science Belief?

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I’m not really following.

It seems more than ever, there’s an anti-science movement that’s rearing in the epicenter of the COVID epidemic. It’s mentioned in news, it’s evident when people gather en-masse and spread/contract COVID.

Can someone explain this? I am a little baffled as modern medicine is a pretty damn good example that science is real in and of itself.

Growing up, I was friends with or went to school with individuals in strongly rooted Christian families and it was like science was created by the devil himself. I am guessing for some it’s religious, others it’s belief it’s a government conspiracy, the rest is ignorance?
Sponsored

Bluezeke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zeke
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
People do not trust the media. Or the government. Both are telling us non stop about COVID. At least the riots gave us something else for a little bit.

No one gets their own info anymore. They rely on the 2 entities above. And when you do not trust them, you are free to get your info from the all mighty Facebook. :)

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The media has been LYING about everything. If Trump said the sky is blue they would say 'nah ah, it's green'.

"Science" around Wuhan is almost entirely politics and there is very little science'ing going on. The labs working on cures and doctors actually perfecting the treatment regimen are doing science. That snake Fouci and Scarflet-O'Hara are frauds wrapping themselves in a thin veneer of situational 'science' to accomplish a political outcome.

Don't worry. The highly racist Wuhan (the data shows it attacks Native Indians and Blacks disproportionally) saw the light, confessed it's sins, knelt in solidarity and agreed to coordinate it's behavior during the Floyd protests, subsuming it's biological imperative in favor of uniting behind the BLM communist agitators in order that those thousands of protesters might not spread the disease to their fellow travelers who miraculously found it more important to scream and shout (and loot and commit other crimes) without the benefit of the totally worthless mask, nor keeping one's distance of 6ft.

PS. both Fouchi and the WHO said publicly a couple weeks ago that the mask is more harmful than good and completely pointless unless you are a actively rendering care to a known Wuhan infected and symptomatic person. Only then does it serve a beneficial purpose. Also there is ZERO data that supports 6ft spacing. The whole response is an utter farce.

I was on the con-call tonight with the representative of the Wuhan and the leadership agreed it was time to get back to work, spreading and infecting people now that the inner-city protests had fizzled out. When asked by CNN what their plans were to make a spectacular appearance as a Second Wave, the virus just waved the question away and said, "we are infecting and replicating just fine. By October we should have fully 60% of the world population infected. But not to worry, some 80% of those will never know they were infected because they will have no or inconsequential symptoms. When our brothers the Flu show up in the Fall, they'll kill at least 50,000 of your grandparents just like it does every year. If the death toll isn't racking up fast enough don't worry, Gov Cuomo has promised to deliberately infect all the nursing homes with known, contagious cases and thereby save the gov't the burden of providing health care services in the outyears or be on the hook for pensions or retirements. In fact in prepared remarks last week he was extolling how 'Wuhan and Flu were the best thing since Auschwitz. I can't believe this is all legal. How did I get so lucky?'"

Last edited:

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
I don’t believe or trust the media or any politician. If I actually saw people falling out in public and dyeing I might think there’s something to this.

Louisiana has around 4.6 million people and to date only 2,972 have died with symptoms from LDH. Existing unemployment claims increased to 306,000. With that I’m still calling B.S. I did when this started and still am. Can this be as bad as the Spanish Flu, yes I think it can, but I don’t trust or believe anything in government propaganda. Use common sense and do what benefits you and your family.
B7C156AB-EB48-4FE1-998A-CB8943E5FD02.png

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
People don’t want to be forced to change there way of life and I think at this point pain is the only way.
says every dictator in human history. Sorry, you don't want to give up your store because I said so? Here have a taste of high velocity lead pellet. It'll give you a taste of pain, that's good for ya.

How is "change their way of life" in ANY way defensible with actual facts and hard proof? You managed to find some? Great. Please publish.
And even if you have an iron-clad case, how is it any of your business how I live my life? You wanna go around wearing Fouci's Muzzle, you go right ahead.

I'm going to start wearing underwear on my head when I go into a "though shalt show your unquestioned allegiance to the edict of the day" store to MOCK the hell out of this nonsense. Hey it's cloth, and it covers my face, does it not? For greater effect I'll need to find me a pair of pantyhose to complete the look.

Go into a store, when challenged say "I have a medical condition" and watch how fast they backtrack. If they persist then remind them the ADA prohibits places of public accommodation from discriminating on the basis of health. Someone narrated an experience whereby they wandered the store for 20 minutes doing their shopping without so much as a peep from the staff, and got to the checkout where the clerk declared that he "wouldn't check out unless the patron was wearing a mask." So they abandoned the cart. Have fun!

Just because 98% of the Lemmings are so stupid they go along with the abject lunacy doesn't mean the other 2% are wrong.

After the last couple of weeks of inner-city entertainment I guess instead of using "I was there marching at Selma" you can instead trot out "Hey man, I was out there in the streets for my homey Floyd, K? So we're good here, right?"

Last edited:

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It’s pretty simple. Most people don’t know how science even works let alone how to do PROPER research to find what the scientists themselves are publishing.
They think that blogs and the media are the equivalent of research and then find articles/opinion pieces that support their narrative, never TRULY questioning where the information came from in the first place or if it’s even being presented accurately.
The worst part of it is that often the initial misrepresentation is taken as gospel truth, then repeated in other media sources, leading the person “doing the research” to conclude that it MUST be correct because everyone’s saying it.

Potholer 54 covers these topics quite well and as a science journalist, has his finger on the pulse in terms of the latest findings. He also cites ALL of his sources so that the person watching can actually fact check the veracity of what’s being said.
Two examples below.
The first demonstrates in the first 4 minutes just how easily someone can think they’re doing proper research when they’re not, the second showing how bloggers and the media effectively circumvent the process for the less sceptical among the population.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
says every dictator in human history. Sorry, you don't want to give up your store because I said so? Here have a taste of high velocity lead pellet. It'll give you a taste of pain, that's good for ya.

How is "change their way of life" in ANY way defensible with actual facts and hard proof? You managed to find some? Great. Please publish.
And even if you have an iron-clad case, how is it any of your business how I live my life? You wanna go around wearing Fouci's Muzzle, you go right ahead.

I'm going to start wearing underwear on my head when I go into a "though shalt show your unquestioned allegiance to the edict of the day" store to MOCK the hell out of this nonsense. Hey it's cloth, and it covers my face, does it not? For greater effect I'll need to find me a pair of pantyhose to complete the look.

Go into a store, when challenged say "I have a medical condition" and watch how fast they backtrack. If they persist then remind them the ADA prohibits places of public accommodation from discriminating on the basis of health. Someone narrated an experience whereby they wandered the store for 20 minutes doing their shopping without so much as a peep from the staff, and got to the checkout where the clerk declared that he "wouldn't check out unless the patron was wearing a mask." So they abandoned the cart. Have fun!

Just because 98% of the Lemmings are so stupid they go along with the abject lunacy doesn't mean the other 2% are wrong.

After the last couple of weeks of inner-city entertainment I guess instead of using "I was there marching at Selma" you can instead trot out "Hey man, I was out there in the streets for my homey Floyd, K? So we're good here, right?"
Democratically elected governments are literally in the business of telling people what they can and can’t do. It’s amazing how “being told what to do” suddenly becomes a “dictatorship” when it doesn’t suit your preference.
You subject yourself to all kinds of laws every single day without questioning “the dictatorship”.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It’s amazing how “being told what to do” suddenly becomes a “dictatorship” when it doesn’t suit your preference.
it has nothing to do with 'preference' but the total and abject lack of any evidence to back up the specious claim of 'public health/wellfare'. If you're gonna just blindly accept the gov't assertion, then I want to see Cuomo personally charged with 6000 or so counts of murder 2 and billions in wrongful death suits levied at the NY health department, the Nevada Govenor, and the CDC as well every doctor who REFUSED to give the patient the opportunity to take HCQ+Zn etc . And I want every news media pundit and health official who wasn't in proxicisms of terror decrying the protests' rampant violation of the life/death social distance and mask wearing to confess their duplicity on the air. They KNOW it's complete BS but the narrative must be upheld at any and all cost.

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
it has nothing to do with 'preference' but the total and abject lack of any evidence to back up the specious claim of 'public health/wellfare'. If you're gonna just blindly accept the gov't assertion, then I want to see Cuomo charged with 6000 or so counts of murder 2. And I want every news media pundit and health official who wasn't in proxicisms of terror decrying the protests' rampant violation of the life/death social distance and mask wearing. They KNOW it's complete BS but the narrative must be upheld at any and all cost.
I’m not quite sure what you’re objecting to? I may well misrepresent you here so I do apologise in advance if I’m getting it wrong.
Let’s ignore science entirely for a second and just go with some basic logic.
Is it not self-evident that a an airborne virus is likely to have less spread radius if an infected person is wearing a face covering of some description?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is it not self-evident that a an airborne virus is likely to have less spread radius if an infected person is wearing a face covering of some description?
only if they are sneezing/coughing or otherwise expelling particles in sufficient concentration. Wuhan is nothing special. NONE of this 'containment' crap was done for Flu, SARS, Covid1, MERS etc and somehow the world magically didn't end. If you wanna wear a mask all the time or when you have a cold, be my guest. The rest of us may or may not *choose* to join you. In the mean time if you're of a mind to virtual signal in the pursuit of not spreading disease, how about we start with everyone washing their hands after wiping their ass? You want to stop some real diseases of impact, start with that one.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
only if they are sneezing/coughing or otherwise expelling particles in sufficient concentration. Wuhan is nothing special. NONE of this 'containment' crap was done for Flu, SARS, Covid1, MERS etc and somehow the world magically didn't end. If you wanna wear a mask all the time or when you have a cold, be my guest. The rest of us may or may not *choose* to join you. In the mean time if you're of a mind to virtual signal in the pursuit of not spreading disease, how about we start with everyone washing their hands after wiping their ass? You want to stop some real diseases of impact, start with that one.
Get ready for a major outbreak in West Virginia. Thanks for visiting.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020/06/18/west-virginia-coronavirus-outbreaks-myrtle-beach-travel/

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
> 10 cases in Preston County, at least three in Kanawha County and at least five in Cabell

so 18 cases - which means symptoms bad enough to get checked. Or was it a case of dragnet testing that turned them up?

Out of how many people who have beat-feet from those counties alone to the "hotzone" that is Myrtle Beach within the last say month? Are the 'three' a single family? Is there a common resort that is helping to spread? Or was it all the carefree carousing on the ocean-front boardwalk and having the temerity to lay out on a public beach?

We can play thisgame till the Sun burns out. Pretty much everyone alive is going to be exposed to the virus in one shape or another. Like the Terminator, there is no avoiding that fate. (unless you're in isoation at the South Pole but even then) Slowing the spread was a defensible public policy during the first month when we didn't have a handle on what/how. But that's long since past.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so do you have any peer-reviewed scientific literature to support what you’re saying?
That’s a genuine question. I haven’t seen anything and would like to take a look.
Now, as to your assertion “none of this containment crap was done for (insert as required), masks and other methods were in fact used in the countries where the outbreaks were occurring. To suggest that it wasn’t occurring is ridiculous.
I’m not sure what “virtue signalling” means exactly. I assume it means “being willing to ear a piece of cloth or similar over ones face in the HOPE that it might help protect other people”.
Not sure.

EDIT: You mentioned that we don’t take precautions against the flu. Well, there’s vaccinations for one thing. The other aspect being that we know for a FACT that the flu virus mutates each year, so to lockdown an entire nation each and every year would be unsustainable. On top of that, it’s a false equivalency when this virus has already killed twice the number of people who died from the flu in even the worst year of the past decade. The two aren’t comparable from that standpoint.
Sponsored