What’s this thing?

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Your US rights are meaningless to me and I am more than happy there is no 'threat' to me.

Everything is very easy to collect but then what - where is it being stored, who is paying for the huge data processing facility, how long is it stored for etc. When you actually start looking into that you realise that big brother really isn't watching, because nothing is worth watching most of the time!
You have some version of the 4th amendment by now, I just don't recall what it is because I was too busy throwing your tea in the harbor to notice it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Prodigal

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
So has ford shared with my insurance carrier the fact that I’ve only put 1600 miles on my car since I bought it over 2 years ago??? Seems like I am wayyyyy below average and therefore a significantly reduced risk of an accident, certainly a no fault accident. Shoukd I expect a notice of reduced premium from my carrier any day now?? It works both ways, right???

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
So has ford shared with my insurance carrier the fact that I’ve only put 1600 miles on my car since I bought it over 2 years ago??? Seems like I am wayyyyy below average and therefore a significantly reduced risk of an accident, certainly a no fault accident. Shoukd I expect a notice of reduced premium from my carrier any day now?? It works both ways, right???
I agree you should get a rate reduction from your insurance but insurance companies don't get rich by giving your money back. It aint going to happen!!!

BD

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)

jcttraveler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Convertible 2019
Here's a link the the class action suit against GM sharing their information to Lexis Nexis Risk Mgt who then shares it with insurance companies.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...-vs-gm-lexisnexis.html?searchResultPosition=1

I read an article that Ford and others were also involved. link to the article:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/11/...e_code=1.c00.7JFq.6fxV1Q2pQBhe&smid=url-share

The article I read also had a link to instructions to Lexis Nexis to stop that sharing. I've attached the instructions.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sponsored

67go

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
tacoma, mazdacx5, 22 Mustang GT Rapid Red
Wow. Just read about insurance companies obtaining auto driver performance. I think it is time for me to contact Ford (useless I guess just unplug it) and find out what crap this is about. It is none of there business what they are doing with this info. Losing more and more privacy. I'm an old fart that can't believe the crap that is going on. Already too late with internet.

Last edited:

Applied Carbon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
As if any government is interested in where you are or what you are doing (unless you have a good reason for being tracked - in which case they would just use your phone anyway)!

Seriously, how much monitoring and data processing would be required for that to be even a possibility and even if it were possible, what interest is it to anybody that you have just been to the shops? That is not to say that the data isn't stored and usable post 'incident' by law enforcement agencies, but real time tracking - just no :crackup:
I can't tell you how little I think of a britoids opinions on anything but especially on governmental maters.

Sponsored

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red

Canuckican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red
It's good that consumers are becoming more aware of how data moves behind the scenes. It's so hard to control what happens to raw data especially after it is shared for the first time. And then there are cases like a client signs an agreement with a company that collects and analyzes driver behavior data via electronic data loggers to help them maintain regulatory compliance and even help determine what drivers may benefit from additional training. But then some drivers live in a state that has laws that allow them to individually opt out of electronic data collection. Does the data collection/analysis company follow the client contract and continue to include that individual driver's data because the driver agreed to the collection as a condition of their employment and possibly get sued by the individual? Or does that driver's data just get scrubbed of PII or otherwise anonymized? Or does that driver's data get removed entirely from data feeds? Or ??? If the driver's data is entirely excluded from that client's data, how does the company ensure all of their drivers are in compliance WRT roadside inspections, drug and alcohol tests including random selections, licensing, certifications, etc. It's a big mess right now.

Carmakers’ shady data sharing takes spotlight in GM connected car scandal | Ars Technica
Sponsored